Status: Updates at least once a week.

Still So Free

5

“Alright, that’s the last of it,” said Chris as he put the last box of my belongings on my kitchen counter.

“Thanks a lot, Chris. I couldn’t have done any of this without your help.” I had spent the day with Chris moving into my apartment. All of my stuff had come in the mail yesterday and Chris helped me carry the stuff up the stairs into my third floor apartment. Then after we had picked up my new bed, couches, and various other items from Ikea, Chris helped me put them together. My mom, dad, and sister were at Sarah’s volleyball tournament in Phoenix.

“It’s no big deal; do you want to come over for dinner?”

“Yeah, let me just grab a shower and then I’ll be right over.”

“Alright see you soon.” Chris said as he closed the front door behind him.

I quickly went into my bedroom and got ready. Taking a quick shower and then changing into an old yellow floral patterned dress with a burgundy cardigan. It’s not the first time I met Jamie since they’ve been together since the end of 11th grade, when I was a freshman at Crystal Pines, and they all came over to my parent’s house for dinner on Wednesday. Anna, Jamie and I all went to the park on Thursday afternoon also.

Anna was born in March so she’s only about 4 months old. She’s the cutest thing ever and oddly enough, she looks a lot like Sarah did when she was that age.

***

“Hey guys, I’m here!” I yelled as I let myself into their townhouse.

“Go greet your sister,” I heard Jamie say quickly and harshly to Chris as I walked into the kitchen.

“Am I interrupting something?” I asked quietly.

“No, no, no,” Jamie said, “Chris just forgot to get diapers. Again.”

Huh. I guess everyone isn’t perfect.

But needless to say Chris cheered Jamie up and we had a nice night eating a delicious pasta dinner and then after Chris put Anna to sleep, we all sat around with a few glasses of wine. Soon Chris and Jamie simultaneously began to yawn and I decided it was time for me to go.

After I drove home I figured that maybe tomorrow would be the best time for me to have the guys over. I had an interview on Tuesday morning with Seventeen Magazine and if I got the job they said I could start as early as Wednesday. They needed a new music correspondent. They said they wanted to have a section of the magazine for more unknown bands to give them a chance to get recognized. It was the perfect job for me and I had the perfect idea of who I would interview first.

I grabbed my phone and called John.

“Hello?”

“Hey John, It’s Hayley.”

“Oh hey Hayley, what’s up?”

“I was gonna invite all of you guys over tomorrow for drinks? I don’t have the other guy’s numbers but I figured you could just let them know.”

“Tomorrow. Yeah that sounds great.”

“But John I thought we were gonna hang out?”

I heard some girl’s voice in the background and assumed it was Josie. I heard John’s muffled reply to her, “I’m sure you can come too.”

“Is it alright if Josie comes too?”

I thought about it for a second. I honestly didn’t want her to come but I wanted John to come so I guess it was the price I was going to have to pay. “Sure John. That’s fine.”

“Alright, I guess we’ll see you around what time?”

“Seven. In apartment number 46.”

“Cool. See you then!”

“Bye John.”

I hung up a little disappointed that Josie had to come but maybe I had misjudged her. If not I had the other guys to talk to. I was excited. I had all day tomorrow to get situated and run to the store and then buy a few packs of beer.

I was making friends and none of them knew about my past. They knew nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's just a filler but I wanted to get what I had written put out there. What do you think is going to happen at the party? Do you think Hayley and Josie are going to get along?