Status: Officially my longest story ever!!! So excited xD Hope you like it guys! ;) Let me know if there are any typos.

The Shadow Moon Pack

Chapter Eleven

Nathan was gone, once again, when I woke up in the morning. Sky and Eve were curled up next to me in their attempt to escape the cold. I cautiously moved out of my nest, trying not to wake the sleeping pups. They squirmed a bit, moving to the center, before going back to snoring softly.

Aside from Aiden, and apparently Nathan, I was the only wolf awake. I yawned and walked out of the cave to say good morning to the sun. Snow fell silently from the sky, not much, but enough not to melt as it fell. The day was beautiful, a light snow with the morning sun is always refreshing.

Aiden stepped out of the cave and stood by my side as I gazed upon the trees and other forestry. We had a silent agreement not to speak of what happened last night. So, we just stood there in silence, enjoying each other’s presence.

“We should talk to Nathan when he gets back, he shouldn’t have to hide her from us,” he said. I nodded my head in silent agreement, all the while having a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

“He won’t be coming back…” a voice sobbed from the shadows.

I was on guard automatically, even though I knew the wolf wasn’t a threat.

“What do you mean?” I forced myself to calm down and ask.

“He’s gone, he killed him,” the figure crouched down, bowing its head as sobs wracked its body.

“Gone as in…” I couldn’t force myself to say the word, he couldn’t be dead.

“He’s dead! He killed him!” the wolf howled angrily before collapsing as its sobs came harder. I stood completely still, not believing my ears. One of my wolves was dead…I’ve failed once more…

“Come here,” I was unable to keep the growl from my throat.

A brown wolf with darker brown left paws and tail tip stepped out from the shadows. Her eyes were leaking tears and she was shaking with fear at my commanding voice.

“Who?”I growled menacingly, both of us knowing who I was asking about.

“Damien, h-he found out that we had been sneaking off to see each other,” she broke into sobs again.

“C’mon Naomi, you can stay with us for a while,” Aiden comforted.

“Wait…where is he?” I asked reluctantly as the two began heading inside the cave.

“You won’t be able to find him, Damien threw him over the falls…” she spoke of Nathan sadly, tears still pouring from her eyes.

I turned my back to them at the news, allowing Aiden to escort her into the cave, and sat down. The breeze ruffled my fur as I let me mind drift about, not thinking of anything in particular, I was numb.

“We’ll be heading out to Scar Forest once Naomi is up to it, they won’t get away with this,” Aiden spoke from behind me as he sat down on my right. Chills ran up my spine at how take-charge he sounded.

“I’m beside you fully,” I stated, looking off into the distance and imagining what was to come.