Status: Officially my longest story ever!!! So excited xD Hope you like it guys! ;) Let me know if there are any typos.

The Shadow Moon Pack

Epilogue

Matt was happy to see Lukas alive when we returned to our camp, he was immediately accepted into our pack. I left the rest of the wolves in the main cave and took Aiden to the infirmary to fix him up. We both shifted, and he sat on one of the cots to make it easier for me.

I lifted his shirt and bandaged his wound, trying not to focus on what he looked like without a shirt on. He stopped me as I was going to put the supplies away and motioned for me to sit. I obliged and he stood, taking the things from my hands and setting them down.

He rolled my shirt up until it rested just above the wound on my side. It wasn’t too high to expose anything, but it did make me feel more exposed than before. He ran his thumb around the skin surrounding my wound before bandaging it. It sent chills up my spine and I closed my eyes to enjoy the contact while it lasted. I wish it could last forever, but I know it won’t.

He rolled my shirt down as he stepped closer to me. His arms wrapped around me shoulders in a hug, my own wrapped around his waist automatically. Our bodies seemed to be made for each other, they just…fit.

“You won’t lose me,” he said into me hair.

“You don’t know th-,” I began, but he cut me off.

“I do know that. I won’t let anything take you from me, and that includes death. It’s made me crazy every second that you’ve been out of my arms, I can’t get my mind to stop thinking of you,” he confessed.

I went to pull away, but his arms tightened around me.

“Please, just let me hold you a little longer,” he whispered.

“Look at me,” I said softly.

He reluctantly pulled back to look into my eyes, not breaking the hug. I’d made up my mind the second I looked into his eyes, his deep hazel eyes that shined with love.

My hands clung to the fabric on the back of his shirt as I moved my legs and pulled him closer. I laid my head on his chest and clung to him as if my life depended on it. He tightened his arms around me, enveloping me in his warmth, and buried his face in my hair once more. We stayed like that for a few minutes before I dared to speak.

“You are my mate,” I all but growled out with all the passion and love I had been withholding from him.

“And you are mine,” he growled in return, as if letting out the largest sigh he’d ever had.

I leaned my head back and let his lips capture mine in a hungry kiss. My hands tightened
their hold on his shirt, relaxing as the kiss cooled down.

Eventually, we pulled away, panting with smiles on our faces. Our chests rose and fell at the same pace as we shared a few more short, loving kisses. Now that we’d accepted each other as mates, things would change, but they would change for the better.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End. :)