Status: Officially my longest story ever!!! So excited xD Hope you like it guys! ;) Let me know if there are any typos.

The Shadow Moon Pack

Chapter Four

Acacia’s POV

The sun had just set by the time we reached a cave in the mountains. Sky and Eve were nestled comfortably in Aiden’s arms, having collapsed after about five hours of walking. I was leaning heavily on his shoulder, attempting not to collapse myself. The poor guy must have felt like he was carrying a boulder tied around his neck.

As we continued on inside the cave, yellow and blue crystals lit up the areas around them, it was beautiful. I felt like I knew the place, like I belonged here.

After a few paces, the tunnel opened up to a large cave. Piles of moss, grass, and feathers littered the area, and large cracks in the rock looked like tunnels further into the mountain.

We walked into one of the cracks and eventually made our way into another cave. This one had medical equipment in it, though none of it was electronic. There were eight cots spaced out in the center. Jars of mysterious liquids and other medical equipment surrounded them.

Aiden walked us to one of the cots and set the pups down before helping me sit. He rummaged around in a corner, coming back with a needle and thread, along with more bandages.

“Brace yourself,” he spoke jokingly, holding up the threaded needle. I grimaced, holding out my arm and looking away. It hurt when he began, but that was nothing compared to actually getting shot.

He finished within minutes, the entry wound wasn’t very large. The pain eventually dulled, and my arm was wrapped and good to go.

Footsteps could be heard in the main cave, apparently Aiden knew who it was, because he smiled and motioned for me to follow him. I sighed and got up, my legs were weak from all the walking we did to get here.

In the main cave, there were four people. Two were female and two were male. One girl had light brown wavy hair, it was in a ponytail and she had straight side-bangs. The other female had straight, pale blonde shoulder-length hair and chin-length bangs. The first male had short, blonde hair, while the other had straight red hair that ended at the nape of his neck. All of them had golden-brown eyes except for the red haired male, who had golden-green eyes. Their eyes told me that they were all half-bloods.

“Aiden, who’s this?” the brunette girl questioned, narrowing her eyes suspiciously.

“Guys, this is Acacia, a hunter shot her,” he began, “Acacia, this is my pack, Kathrine, Robert, Samantha, and Nathan.” He motioned to the brunette girl first, before continuing on with the brunette boy, blonde girl, and red haired boy last.

“Why’s she here?” Kathrine asked. Part of a growl escaped my throat at her question, how dare she speak to her alpha like that! I attempted to cover the growl with a cough, but I knew they didn’t buy it. Who was I to judge them, I may be an alpha, but I wasn’t their alpha. Kathrine narrowed here eyes at me once again.

“I led a hunter to her on accident and she got shot, so I brought her back here to stitch up the wound,” Aiden answered, his lips twitching up into a smile at my growl earlier.

You stitched up her wound?” Nathan asked with wide eyes, “You never play doctor though!” I smiled slightly in his direction, he was definitely the omega.

At his comment, the atmosphere seemed to lighten. All of the other half-bloods smiled at Aiden, obviously knowing something I didn’t. His cheeks were slightly red, barely noticeable in the light that the crystals gave off, it looked kind of cute on him.

“Anyway,” he coughed, changing the subject, “There are two pups in the infirmary sleeping, so if you go in there be quiet.”

“Her pups?” Samantha questioned surprised.

“No, they’re my friend, Lillian’s,” I replied since silent observation got boring.

“Scar Forest pack alpha Lillian?” Robert voiced.

“They smell sort of like her, but I can’t be sure, they have Acacia’s scent on them as well,” Aiden clarified.

The pack nodded and went to their beds, the piles of moss on the floor. Samantha and Robert took the ones near the back, Nathan was in the one to the left, and Kathrine grabbed the one in the middle. They all shifted into their wolf forms and curled up to sleep.

Kathrine was a brownish-grey wolf with a white stomach and chest. Robert was grey with a white muzzle, tail tip, right hind paw, and right ear. Samantha was a lighter grey with a white stomach, chest, and the toes on her right hind paw. Nathan was simply a small red wolf.

“You’re welcome to stay with us for a while, we can get some more bedding tomorrow, it’s softer than you think,” Aiden offered.

“Thanks, we’ll be out of your fur soon, don’t worry,” I smiled gratefully.

“You could always join our pack…” he embarrassedly offered once more. I looked at him surprised, he’d let me join his pack?

“Are you sure?” I asked warily.

“Yeah, they could use a female alpha,” his blush returned, darker this time as he implied me becoming his mate.

“Alright, if your pack’s okay with it. I can’t exactly raise two pups on my own when I’m injured,” I accepted, also blushing.

“You can sleep in the infirmary tonight.”

Kathrine lifted her head from her paws and barked. She scooted over in her mossy nest and motioned with her nose to the empty space next to her. She looked at me and motioned to the space again.

“Or you can sleep with Kathrine…” Aiden voiced, looking at her suspiciously, “the pups can share my bed tonight.”

“Thank you,” I said sincerely before shifting and limping over to Kathrine’s nest.

I stood in front of her, her eyes locked on mine. The two of us stared at each other for a
few minutes. Eventually, she looked away, putting her muzzle on her paws. I dipped my head in thanks before curling up next to her.

I watched at Aiden turned into his wolf form and went to get the pups. A chill went up my spine at seeing his wolf form once again, he was gorgeous. The pups sleepily stumbled out of the infirmary and curled into Aiden’s stomach once he lay down. I hummed contently at the sight, feeling a mind connect with my own.

“You like him, don’t you” Kathrine’s voice said, it wasn’t really a question.

“Is it that obvious?” I questioned, looking at her while laying my head on my paws. She curled her back, pressing our pelts together.

“You’ll make a fine alpha,” she whispered as the connection faded and she fell asleep without answering my question. I hope so… I fell asleep not five minutes later, thoroughly exhausted from the long day.