Status: Officially my longest story ever!!! So excited xD Hope you like it guys! ;) Let me know if there are any typos.

The Shadow Moon Pack

Chapter Six

Acacia’s POV

Aiden and I didn’t speak until we reached the border. I thought of starting a conversation, but I couldn’t think of anything to say. So, we walked in silence for a while.

“So…How’d you sleep last night?” Aiden initiated.

“Like a pup, it was surprisingly comfortable,” I replied with a smile, trying to keep things light between us.

“That’s good…”

A few more moments of silent walking took place before he cleared his throat and began talking once more.

“So, are you really okay with joining the pack?” he looked warily at me, unsure of my
answer.

“Yeah, you all seem like really good people,” I smiled slightly, thinking of him in particular. A light blush even made itself known on my cheeks.

We continued making small chat for the rest of the time we were away from the pack, trying not to bring up any possibly touchy topics. It felt nice to talk to him, almost natural. I was caught staring at him once, but I quickly avoided his gaze when he went to look at me.

Eventually, we made it back to the cave and awaited the other’s return.

x x x

Robert’s POV

I took Eve to another mountain cave, it took us about an hour and a half to get there, but it was worth it to see the pup’s eyes light up in excitement. I could tell that she liked exploring new places, which was why I brought her here.

We walked into the cave and Eve began cautiously sniffing around. She barked and backed away from the rock that she was sniffing. I looked over and saw a snake coiled up behind it. A growl escape my throat as I killed it with a swift bite, its teeth skimmed my fur as it tried to protect itself. Looking back at Eve, I noticed a few drops of blood on her muzzle. The snake had bit
her!

I was about to lead her back to camp when a loud rumbling noise could be heard overhead. I immediately crouched over Eve, protecting her from any possible danger. A few seconds later, rocks fell from above the cave opening. They piled up on top of each other until they successfully sealed the opening. A chill ran up my spine as I assessed the situation, we were trapped.

I looked around the cave for any possible ways of escape, and saw a crack in the wall. I walked over to it and sniffed, trying to see if I could smell fresh air. I had no such luck.

Next, I tried the rocks blocking the entrance. They wobbled when I pushed on them. So, I backed away and rammed my body into them. A few at the top gave way, but it was enough to get us out of there and back to camp. I picked Eve up by the scruff and climbed out. We then started the trek back to the cave.