Status: Officially my longest story ever!!! So excited xD Hope you like it guys! ;) Let me know if there are any typos.

The Shadow Moon Pack

Chapter Seven

Acacia’s POV

Aiden, Sam, Nathan, and I waited in the cave for Kathrine, Robert, and the pups to return. Robert came back first, with Eve walking beside him.

“A snake bit her, it wasn’t poisonous, don’t worry,” he said, lowering his head and folding his ears against it in shame.

“I’ll patch her up,” Sam offered. I rubbed my cheek against Eve’s in comfort as the two walked past me.

“What happened?” I asked, trying to keep the anger from my tone, but I could tell that some leaked through when Robert winced.

“I took her to a mountain cave I found a few days ago, she looked like she would enjoy exploring it with me,” he began, “She found a snake behind a rock, I killed it quickly once I noticed its presence. Then there was a rockslide and the entrance was blocked. I managed to dislodge one of the rocks and we escaped. I noticed something odd as we were leaving though, Damien’s scent was around the cave.”

“Isn’t he the other pack’s alpha?” I questioned to make sure.

“Yeah, you think he caused the rockslide?” Aiden questioned Robert. He reluctantly nodded just as Kathrine walked into the cave with Sky held in her mouth by the scruff of his neck and another wolf behind her.

Aiden and I stood from our seated positions as the foreign wolf stopped before us. Kathrine set Sky down gently in front of me with her head bowed. All of them were wet, and Sky was shivering.

I sat down and moved Sky in between my stomach and my front paws to keep him warm.

“What happened?” I questioned with a slight growl. Kathrine’s ears fell back against her head.

“I told him to look for the shine of fish scales in the water and he jumped in once he saw one. The current was too strong, it must have pulled him under. Lukas and Rock saw the whole thing and jumped in to help, Rock didn’t make it,” she whispered.

“Lukas?” I looked to the older version of Sky.

“Lukas, as in Lillian’s son? Wow, my first time meeting you and you’re saving a member of my pack, talk about a good first impression,” Aiden commented.

“It’s nice to finally meet you, how’s your mother?” I asked, trying to see what happened to her.

“She’s fine, she just got back last night,” he replied with a genuine smile.

“That’s good, tell her that they’re staying with me,” I forced a wolfish smile as I picked up Sky and went to see how Eve was in the infirmary.

I could feel everyone’s eyes on me as I walked away, but I didn’t care. I just found out that Lily didn’t even try to find us, she just went back to her pack without her pups. She left them without a mother…intentionally! I held back a growl at that thought.

x x x

That night, Lukas went back to his own pack and I came out from hiding in the infirmary. I was lying in a new pile of moss that was my nest. It was diagonal from Kathrine’s, in between Nathan and Aiden. The pups had their own nests too, they were on the other side of Aiden, in between him and Robert.

I quickly forgave Kathrine and Robert for what happened with the pups, there wasn’t anything they could’ve done to stop it. Plus, the pups weren’t all that injured.

Aiden padded up to me and sat down. The light crystals lit up his dark grey pelt, making it seem like he was glowing. He stared at me with knowing eyes and asked me what was wrong.

“Lillian. She never went back for her pups. She chose her pack over her own flesh and blood, a pack that killed her firstborn female. I know what it’s like to live without a mother, and now the pups will have to go through the same things I did,” I said softly, staring over at the sleeping Sky and Eve.

“No. they won’t know what it’s like to grow up without a mother because you’ll be there for them,” he reassured me with a smile.

I smiled as well and watched him as he walked back to his nest. He really is an amazing guy. I could feel that I was beginning to have feelings for him, maybe I already had those feelings and they just grew, I don’t know. I just knew that I’d be happy to be his mate, though I know it won’t come to that.

I laid my head down on my paws and fell asleep thinking of the other alpha. Those thoughts became dreams as reality faded. That night I got the best sleep of my life.