Status: Co-write. Up and Running.

I Know You Well but This Ain't a Game

Two

Everyone was shoved into the streets as tight as possible today. Hayley stood in the mass of girls anticipating their name being picked, a red fire in a pit of browns.

The sparkling woman whose name Hayley never cared to learn said her speech and bounced her way towards the giant overflowing bowl and shoved her tiny hand in, clasping tight around a single slip of paper and dashing back to the microphone.

"Hayley Williams." She called out, and Hayley let out a deep sigh.

Of course, her 18th birthday was only a month away. A month and she'd have been free from this. But of course her name got picked.

She shoved her way through the crowd as the cameras fixed on her, clearly interested in her peculiar hair.

Once she was on the stage and beside the practically glowing woman, she stared blankly at the cluster of boys.

Who would she be stuck in a pit with? They'd changed the rules this year, letting two tributes go home as long as they were from the same district.

So, whoever this boy was, would she protect him, or let him face the others alone?

"Joshua Fran... Fran.." She sputtered out several attempts at this boys name before a loud groan of complaint erupted.

"Franceschi." His voice rang out as he strut his way through the crowd and up to the stage.

The way he saw it was if he was being sent to his funeral, they should at least know his name.

He glanced briefly at the redhead beside him and thought it was a shame someone like her would be picked.

"Shake hands." They were commanded, and they responded, Josh throwing in a quick wink at both girls before they were escorted away.

If you're going to die, why not have a little fun?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hayley & Josh