Status: Ok, so... I was like "WHY NOT!" So I hope you like it! I don't know if there will be Smut or not... but lots of violence will happen.

Blood, Knuckles and Pavement

Lies

I worked through the pain enough to start to walk with barely a limp. I finally made it home and wobbled my way up the stairs. I eased my way into my bed and waited for my father to get up. It seemed like forever but after a half an hour I heard him scrape his way to the kitchen.

"That no good piece of shit, getting her ass kicked and then going with that kid. Serves her right. I hope that bitch dies." I hear him grumble. I got off of my bed and made my way down stairs.

"What are you talking about father?" I asked, grabbing the cereal and milk. I poured him a bowl and set it in front of him.

"What the fuck are you doing in my house?!?" He yelled.

"I.. um.. live here..." I said. I'm hoping he will just agree and leave it at that.

"I thought... last night... that kid.." He said confused, I played along.

"Um, it must have been a dream" I answered.

"But your face, it's bruised." He accused.

"I was mugged yesterday, I came home from school early because of the mugging." I prompted. He pondered it for a few moments then gave in, nodding slowly.

"Alright... but if I find out you are lying to me, so help me god bitch I will kill you." He warned, scarfing down his cereal.

"I know better than to lie to you." I answered him. I took his bowl and he left to get ready for work, a deep breath and I was ready for school.

~School~

I walked in to the building and got some very odd looks. I guess I am the last person you would expect to see with bruises on them.

"Abby, what happened to your face?" Jessica asked me at my locker.

"I got mugged last night, it's nothing too bad, I just gave them my money and only got punched a few times in the face. I got some pain meds and i'm good to go." I told her. Jessica has the biggest mouth in school, so I know the story will spread that I got mugged.

"Oh honey! I'm so happy they didn't kill you! Gosh, couldn't of happened to a nicer girl" She sympathized.

"I know, I was pretty shocked myself." I told her, I saw her eyeing something over my shoulder and I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Looks like you have some attention" She winked. Without looking I knew who it was, I just smiled, grabbed my things and headed to class. I don't need Darius's stupid looks right now. I entered class and I knew in just those short minutes word has gotten around. People were checking their phones and sending me sympathetic glances. Good. I felt a piece of paper hit my arm, I opened it up and there was a whole bunch of scrawling, most saying sorry for what happened to you and only one saying 'You are stronger than this' I knew who that one was from. I didn't even look up. I folded the note and tucked it into my notebook. I just kept going on..... like I always do.

~Darius~

That pig headed freaking girl! She didn't even look at me...... I know she knew what I wrote. Good touch, telling everyone she was mugged.... it matches the story I told my dad and no one is asking questions to the integrity of her story... no one but me. I know the truth, she knows I know the truth... I think she is just terrified that I will tell someone the truth. She's avoiding me like i'm the plague..... but it's time to play it up a notch... She wants to ignore me? Let's just say that's not going to happen.. I won't let it. If she wants to be the victim, she'll be the victim.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think Darius means by the last line? Do you like Jessica? Please give feedback :)

Love and Other Lies,

Tiffany Murray