Status: Working as I go!:)

Heart of Stone

Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time there was a girl in love with a boy.

"Marry me Sadie." Hanson's excitement gleamed so bright in his eyes as he held out a ring.

My own eyes seemed to triple in size as I stared at him shocked.

We sat on the hood of his car, looking over most of Hollywood. My crop top exposed my stomach to the night sky. My shorts let my legs enjoy the last cool night before summer tanned them. The cork wedges let my pink painted toes visible.

"What?" I let out in almost a whisper. His green eyes got closer to mine as he leaned in and kissed me. His brown curly hair tickled my cheeks and made me giggle.

"Marry me babe. We can be happy and start a family. Don't you want a family? A good one?"

I nodded. "Ok." I whispered.

"Seriously?" He smiled so big.

"Yes." I kissed him again and let him put the ring on my finger.

"I love you."

"I love you to."

Once upon a time there was a girl who would do anything for that boy.

"I want a boy Sadie! Not a girl!" He snapped.

We have been fighting for days over this. I just continued scrubbing away at the counter of our very small and cheap apartment. All I did was clean. One spec of dust and and was angry.

"I'm sorry Hanson. But what am I supposed to do?"

"Get an abortion."

"What?!" I screeched.

"Get rid of it." His jaw clenched.

"No." I stood up straight and glared.

"Get rid of it. It will only hurt us. We can't afford a baby. Just get rid of it." He kissed me and that's when my mind went fuzzy.

A pill in my glass of water and an 'accidental' miscarriage. I would do anything to keep him happy. I would do anything for the man I loved.

Once upon a time there was a girl who was hurt on the outside and inside.

A slap to my face and a punch to my ribs had my leaning against the hall way.

"Do you see that!" He grabbed my by my blonde long hair and shoved my face to the ground. There was a small stain from god knows what. "GET RID OF IT!"

I was sick and tired of hearing that over and over again.

"Stop!" I snapped and pulled away. "It wasn't my fault! And stop saying that!" I turned to leave but he slammed my head into the wall making my fall to the ground trying to clear my head.

"I do as I please." And I heard the zipper of his pants.

The bruises on my skin had nothing against the bruises on my heart and soul.

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to run away.

I threw the last couple things into a bag and picked up my son before heading out the door. I didn't even look back as I quickly took him down the stairs and out the door. I went down the road a few blocks until I hit a neighbors house.

"Sadie what are you doing? Is everything alright?" Meredith let us in and locked her door. She had a hard time trusting people.

"We need to get out of here and away from him. Please Mer. Please." I begged her with tears in my eyes.

"He hit Kaleb didn't he?" She looked down at the brown hair boy. He looked so much like his father.

"Please can you help us?"

"Let me pack my things and we will leave."

"You are going too?"

"If he is coming after you then you need protection. And I will be the one to protect."

I hugged my only friend and thanked her. 10 minutes later we were on the road. Kaleb sat in the middle seat snuggled into my side.

We were running away from him...We were getting what we wanted...To run away.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a new story. :) Felt like it was probably time to post one since its been ages. But tell me what you think!!

<3 Megs