Shaken and Stirred

The Baby and Me

Raven sat on the R.V, letting the wind pass over her body. Her hand was on her stomach, rubbing the bump a little bit more. Around her lied the boy, deep in sleep. On her right was Gerard. Even though it was about three weeks since they kissed, she couldn’t help but blush when she would look at him. She watched the way the wind moved his hair, and the way the light danced over his skin. So she was in love, the world could sue her. On her left was Frank, sucking his thumb like a child. In front of her sat Ray and Bob, sleeping on each other. A little snore came out of Bob, and Ray frowned in his sleep slapping Bob in the face. Mikey sat in a chair a bit away, reading some book.
Raven laughed a bit and stood up, walking slowly, to the back room. Once getting their, she laid down on the bed, sighing hard. She looked up and saw Mikey was looking at her, just to make sure she made it back there safely. All of the boys were extra careful with her, as if she was more precious than anything they had ever seen. It was nice, but on the inside she wanted to party with them after the shows. Raven wanted to go for a drink, but she couldn’t. She sighed harder, she rolled on her side.

“Hey.” Gerard said, groggily. He sat up and looked around for her. Lately, he could only sleep with Raven by his side, as if he was afraid that she would disappear again once he awoke. He stood up and walked to the bed. Her eyes were closed; trying to get so much needed sleep. He hated to wake her up.

“Yes, Gerard.” Raven said, shifting to her back. She sat up, and her green eyes looked at his brown ones. She smiled softly, trying to conceal the blush that was invading her cheeks.

“I was just making sure you were okay.” She laughed and nodded, patting the seat next to her,

“I’m fine, a bit hungry though. Remind me, the next stop to get more food and stuff.” Raven started to babble, but Gerard kissed her lips softly to make her shut up. Her face was beet red. She turned away and touched her lips,

“Have you thought of a name yet?” She sighed and looked at him. Her brown hair fell in her face, covering the anger that was about to fly out of her. Raven was angry because every time they were alone, the baby came up. What will be the name? What are you going to do about it when you have it on tour? She wasn’t ready to be a mother, and yet she was shoved into the role.

“No, Gerard. I haven’t. I don’t even know if it is a girl or a boy.”

“I think it will be a girl. I think we should name her Angela.”

“My middle name?” Raven questioned, putting a piece of hair behind her ear. He grinned, excitedly.

“Yah or Sophia. Or we can give her a cool acronym name too, like Des: Danielle Emily Stephanie….Wellington.”

“Maybe, maybe.” Raven looked out of the window, watching the cars go by. She was watching the R.V. pull into what looked like a Wal-Mart. Her eyes grew big, “What city are we in?” Gerard looked confused, and bit his lip in thought,

“Um I think Chicago.” Raven’s eyes opened wide and she got up, in an extreme hurry. She jumped over empty bottles and magazines, “Hey! That’s not good for the baby!” She looked at the looming Wal-Mart sign with horror.

“Isn’t there somewhere else we could go, seriously?” She whined to the driver. The beastly looking man shook his head,

“Sorry, darling, but we have to stop for supplies and gas.” Raven nodded and walked to the area. She coughed, trying to clean her throat and tried to smile through her intense fright.

“We are stopping at this Wal-Mart; please don’t be longer than an hour. Get food and clothes, comics, music, whatever, but remember, not longer than an hour.” Mikey looked at her with wide eyes,

“What’s the matter, Ras?” She looked down, and glared at her toes.

“I’m not a fan of Wal-Mart, more of a Target girl.” Gerard and Mikey looked at her with confused faces.

“Then don’t go in there, and we’ll get the stuff for you.” Mikey said, standing up,

“I have to! I need personal stuff. Like make up, and baby stuff.”

“Then don’t complain. Wal-mart and Target are basically the same.” Gerard said. Raven laughed and sighed,

“Yes, basically. Except the fact that Target is cheaper and cooler. Wal-Mart the people smile too much.” Her jade eyes looked at the Wal-mart with such distain.

“Well, don’t you think that is a bit exaggerated?” Mikey asked. Raven shook her head, and watched the door open. She grabbed some money, shoved it in her back pocket, walking down the steps. Raven walked to the store, and then heard someone yell her name. She turned around and saw Frank running to her. She sighed hard and laughed, “Yes, Frankie?”

“Do you think…they have skittles?” She looked at him and sighed,

“Yes, Frankie. I think they have skittles.” Raven sighed and looked at the big Walk-Mart sign, dreading every second. She walked through the doors, grabbing a cart.

“I wanna ride in it!” Frank said, jumping in. Raven sighed and pushed him, along like a five year old,

“Frank, what are you doing?” Raven hissed, he smiled at her,

“Trying to act seven. Getting you ready for parenthood.” Her jade eyes narrowed at him, and left him behind, “Hey!” He called, “You can’t leave your child behind,”

“Good thing you not my kid then, huh?” Raven grabbed another cart and headed into the store. First she got some snacks for the road. Chips. Cookies….three boxes, knowing how Gerard gets when Mikey eats the whole package. Water, lots of water. Then for herself, she got the ultimate pleasure, Dove Cookies. She grinned, placing four in the cart. She walked by the clothes not really seeing anything that sparked her interest, except for this cute black maternity top. Her eyes consumed it, and Raven walked over there, “This is so adorable!” She exclaimed, touching it.

“It would look delightful on you.” A woman said behind her. Raven turned around slowly, and her eyes met with clouded green ones. Raven took a sharp breath in. The woman was about the age of fifty. The woman looked at her with wide eyes and whispered, “Raven?”

“Mom?”