Wonderless

Don't Let Me Down

I hadn't seen Vic Fuentes since the night I told him I was pregnant. After I fell asleep, he left me a note explaining to me that he needed time to think about all of it. We've kept little contact since then. The only times we'd ever talk was when he was checking in on my pregnancy. At least he cared somewhat? I had mixed feelings about it. I couldn't tell if he was being nice just to keep to his ego or if he did really care about me or his daughter.

Yes, daughter. While twenty-two weeks pregnant, I found out I was having a baby girl, just as I predicted. I chose the name Chelsea Rae for her. I still had no idea about the last name. I didn't know if she'd take mine or Vic's. I thought I'd just figure that out when it comes down to naming her completely.

But here it is, December 9th at 3:46 A.M. I'm finally nine months pregnant and I could of popped at any time. I awoke with intense back and lower stomach pains and took a deep breath. This couldn't be happening now of all times! I was home alone and scared.

I sat up in bed and started the breathing techniques I was taught to manage the pain. I grew more and more scared by the amount of pain gathering in my stomach. It was going to happen sometime soon and I wasn't prepared for it to happen tonight. I picked up my phone from the bed side table and started to call my parents. They didn't answer. I frantically called my sister. She didn't answer either. I went through my phone, looking for someone who would be at use to me. I finally hit the bottom and saw a name that would be no use, but worth a try. I hit the 'call Vic Fuentes' button and listened to it ring.

I groaned, waiting for him to answer. I knew Vic well. He wasn't going to be thrilled with me calling him at four A.M. I kept breathing hard, letting out a breath of relief when he tiredly answered. "Jenna? Why are you calling me at four in the morning..?"

"Vic.." I whined, feeling tears run down my face. "I'm sorry to bother you but I'm so scared. I've tried calling everyone but no one answered.. I'm so s-sorry Vic."

"Jenna, what's wrong?" his voice was more alert now.

"I think I'm going into labor.."

"What? Are you going to the hospital?"

"That's the problem, I can't.. I can barely move. It hurts too bad!" I whimpered.

"I'm coming. Try your best to get downstairs to your door where I can easily come in and get you. Try for me, please, princess. I'll be there in ten minutes." he said. I could hear the rustling of bed sheets in the background as he was probably getting out of bed.

"I will try.. Thank you so much." I whispered, hanging up.

I stood with all my might and waddled over to a chair where my coat was laid carelessly in the seat. I picked it up and put it on, then searched for the bag I prepared for this specific emergency. I slipped on a pair of flip flops and slowly waddled to the stairs, taking them on at a slower pace. I could now feel Chelsea kicking me hard. I groaned, holding my stomach. I then felt a rush of liquid seep down my leg. "Oh fuck." I mumbled to myself. God dammit, Vic, hurry up.

I kept the breathing techniques going and waited, hearing a knock at my door. I yanked the front door open and walked out as fast as I could, slamming the door shut behind me. "Here." he said, taking my bag and my hand. "Has your water broke yet?"

I nodded, breathing through my nose and out my mouth. "It broke like two minutes ago. Please just get me to the hospital."

He nodded and lead me out to his car, helping me into it. Once the door was shut, I put on my seat belt and squirmed in my seat to get comfortable while he got in the driver's side. He started the car and zoomed down the street in a matter of seconds. "I'll get you there soon."

"Please.. She's already pissed.."

"She?"

"Yes Vic, she. I'm naming her Chelsea Rae." I took a deep breath. "And she's kicking the shit out of me right now."

He smiled a bit then bit his lip. "May I feel?"

I nodded and took his free hand and put it on the top of my enlarged stomach. She kicked at his hand and he kept a small smile on his face. The smile on his face turned to a shocked expression as I gripped his hand tight as another wave of contractions hit. "Please, hurry.." I whimpered, crying again.

He accelerated the car and drove to the nearest hospital in downtown San Diego. Once we were there, he parked and helped me out, taking me straight to the front desk where doctors and nurses attended to me. I never dared to let go of Vic's hand. I was terrified and he was all I had close to comfort at the moment.

Once I was in the room, they gave me an epidural, which hurt like a bitch, and checked my dilation. Vic stayed by my side, holding my hand tight until I became relatively calm.

I looked over at him, seeing him dozing off in his seat. "Vic, you can go home.. You don't have to be here if you don't want to.."

He shook his head and rubbed his eyes. "I'm staying. I wanna see her.."

I nodded, feeling a tear slip down my cheek. "I wonder who she looks like."

"I bet she's a giant combination between the both of us."

"Or she's you all over.."

"I think she'll be tan skinned, blonde hair, and brown eyes." he said quietly.

"We'll see when she comes." I replied, looking at the doctor who entered the room.

She smiled at Vic and I. "How're you feeling Miss Harris?"

"I feel a lot of pressure in my lower stomach." I sighed, shutting my eyes. "I'm exhausted. I already wanna go home."

"Well as soon as you deliver your daughter and another day, you can go home. It'll fly by quick, hun." she laughed quietly, observing my dilation and blood pressure. "Everything seems to look good and you're dilated to ten centimeters. Let me go get suited up, then we'll get this show on the road."

I watched her leave the room and turned to Vic in fear, only to find him laid over in his chair, fast asleep. I groaned, snapping my fingers in his direction. "Vic.." I whispered. "Vic!" I said again, only louder. He remained asleep, snoring softly. "Victor Vincent Fuentes, wake the hell up!" I got louder, tossing my pillow at him. He jerked up in alert, eyeing me down.

"What?!"

"It's time.. I need you, Vic. You're all the comfort I have right now. Just please don't let me down." I looked at him with teary eyes.

He nodded and stood up, coming to sit on the edge of the bed where he pulled me into a hug. "I'm going to be here for this, Jenna."

I nodded and rested my forehead against his collarbone, feeling tears seep out of my eyes. I sat up a bit where our faces were inches apart, leaning in to plant a kiss on his lips. I pulled back in shock, feeling terrible over what I had just done. "Vic, I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to do th-" I was cut off by another kiss from him.

"You talk too much, babe. Just relax and lets have this baby." he smiled a bit, laying his forehead on mine.

"I.." I stuttered, hearing the door open again.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Victor?" I heard my mom. She stomped in, crossing her arms. "Get out now."

"Mom.." I whispered. "Please, let him stay.."

"Jenna, no. You've done everything yourself for the past nine months. You can sure in hell do it alone after you have this baby. Victor, leave."

I clutched to Vic's hand, staring at him with a begging expression. "Don't. Mom, just stop. I want him here.."

"No. He's no good for you or this baby!"

"Mom! I want him to be here! Just stop!"

"He may say he's going to stick around for this baby, but he's not really gonna do it. You know it Jenna. It's better if he just leaves now." I heard another voice come from a body that just stepped in. I looked up to see my brother.

"Shut up Jay, no one asked you!" I hissed.

Vic pulled his hand away, looking at me with watery eyes. "I'm sorry Jenna, but I can't deal with them.." he whispered to me.

"Vic please.." I felt more tears coming now.

"I love you and Chelsea.. Good luck." he leaned down, kissing my forehead. I then watched him run out of the room, then disappear out of my sight.

I began to bawl, whimpering his name. He was the only person I wanted in the room for this special event. The one time I get a hold of him again, my chances are ruined.

My doctor came back in, asking if we were ready. I refused. Not until Vic was back. I was told to stop being so selfish by my mom and ended up starting the birthing process without him. I didn't want to hold anyone's hand while I pushed. I just gripped the sheets, taking deep breaths, and pushed during contractions. After a little while, I finally gave birth to a healthy baby girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cutting it off here so I can jump to the fun stuff. WOoOoOoOp. :)
Comment & Subscribe please.