Wonderless

Numb

*five years later*

Vic's POV:

Me and the boys strutted down the sidewalk, holding onto each other for balance. We had went out for drinks to celebrate us putting the finishing touch on our new album we were putting out this summer called Collide With The Sky. We invited our friend Kellin Quinn, who did guest vocals for us on the album, out with us to celebrate also and he was the drunkest of us all.

We all agreed he wasn't in the best condition to be home by himself. His fiancee was eight months pregnant and on bed rest and wouldn't be able to take care of him if something crazy did happen to him. I agreed to take him back to my apartment for the night so he could sober up.

We worked as a team to get him into my apartment. Each of us dragging his skinny, yet heavy body down the hallway to my guess bedroom. Right as we got to the doorway of the bedroom, Jaime lost his hold on Kellin, resulting in everyone else losing their holds and a drunk Kellin taking a spill to the floor. We all laughed and picked him back up, taking him to the bed where he passed out.

One by one, we quietly exited the room and retreated back to the living room. "You got this, bro?" Mike asked, leaning against a wall for support.

"Yeah, I got this. I look for him to be asleep all night long anyway." I answered, opening the door for them.

"Goodnight." Jaime drunkenly slurred, walking through the door. Tony and Mike followed them, saying goodnight to me as well and continued on their way back to their homes that weren't that far away from mine. I shut the door and locked up for the night and found myself in the alcohol I had stored in my kitchen. Getting drunk as Kellin was on my agenda now.

I woke up the next morning to someone shaking me lightly. "You're not dead, are you?" I heard Kellin's groggy voice above me.

I picked my head up, realizing I was in the middle of the hallway, face down. I must of passed out like this last night on my way to bed. "No Kels, I'm not dead." I groaned, rubbing my eyes. "I need aspirin and coffee."

"Those both sound appealing, thanks." he held his hand out to me. I accepted his help and stood up, rolling my shoulders back.

"Floors aren't comfy."

"I feel like I've been hit by a truck."

"Well Jaime dropped you last night so." I laughed, heading to my bedroom.

"No wonder!" he laughed along with me. "Can I use your shower, man?"

"Yeah, there's one in the guest bedroom bathroom." I pointed. "I'll lend you a clean shirt though."

I went into my closet and found a clean shirt to lend to him and progressed onward to my shower. I took my time in there, letting the water rinse away everything I've done overnight. I washed my hair and scrubbed my body down, then got out. I wrapped a towel around my waist and traveled to my room, finding things to wear. A sweatshirt, skinny jeans, my vans, and my favorite hat made their way onto my body.

I went into the kitchen, finding Kellin sitting at my dining table. He was sleeping soundly with his head on the surface. "Kellin."

"Hmm?!" his head shot up, looking up at me. His eyes were terribly bloodshot.

"Did you get an aspirin?"

"No, I couldn't find any."

I went back into my bathroom and found the bottle of aspirin, getting two tablets out. I went back into the kitchen, getting two glasses of water and handed one to him along with the tablet. He quickly downed it and his glass of water.

I stuck the tablet on my tongue and took a drink of water, swallowing it down. "Now, you wanna go get some coffee?"

"Yes, please."

"There's a Starbucks just down the street. We can walk. Lets go." I said, walking towards the front door. He followed me out of my house and we walked down the street in silence.

It was eight in the morning and things were busy around here. We stood in line for almost ten minutes, waiting to get coffee. As soon as we had our drinks in our possession, we went outside and sat on the little patio in front of the shop.

I slumped in my chair, taking big sips of my drink. "Maybe this'll keep my ass from dragging."

"I hear you." Kellin said, taking a sip. "I better pick up Katelynne something before I go home so she doesn't slaughter me. Copeland has her body doing crazy things and killing me just might be one of them."

I laughed, hearing a child yell from behind us. "Uncle Kellin!"

A small little girl appeared and climbed into his lap. "Hey sunshine! How are you this morning?"

"Good." she replied with a giggle. "I told mommy it was you."

"Where is your mommy anyway?"

"She's getting coffee before she goes to work, duh. Why didn't you come home from work last night? I missed you."

"Well I was having a sleepover with my friend." he pointed to me. She looked at me with big brown eyes hidden under her long eyelashes and pushed her long hair out of her face. "His name is Vic."

I sat forward in my chair, holding my hand out to her. "I'm Vic, what's your name?"

"Chelsea." she giggled a little, shaking my hand.

Right as she said her name, my body went numb. Someone who I hadn't seen in years appeared behind Kellin. I choked on my own breath and tried to pull myself together again. "That's pretty." I managed to make out, starting to sink back into my chair.

Jenna glared at me with wide eyes and I stared back. "Do you two know each other?" Kellin looked between us.

"No." she mumbled.

"Yes." I looked at her.

"Okay, what the hell is going on?" he glared at us both, looking suspicious now. Chelsea did the same, looking between me and her mom.

"Kellin, not in front of her." Jenna glared at him. "We'll talk about this later. Chelsea has school. Say bye to Kellin and Vic, Chels." she picked Chelsea up from Kellin's lap and set her down on her feet, towing herself and our child away from me and Kellin.

"Okay Vic, what's up?" he looked at me with suspicious eyes.

I shook my head. "It's a long story."

"I have time." he sat back in his chair, taking a sip of his drink.

I sighed. "It started about five years ago.. I met Jenna at one of our gigs and we hit it off well. We continued to see each other afterwards and became official. Two months in, I got her pregnant. At first, I was scared and not ready to be a dad. I left her alone through all her pregnancy. She called me the night she went into labor because there was no one there and she couldn't take herself to the hospital. I came and took her to the hospital, where she changed my mind completely about this fathering thing. I had the nine months to figure things out and I did have them figured out and I was going to stay. That all changed when her mom and brother came rolling in, running me back off. Ever since then, I've tried to get my foot in the door but I always end up running in circles again. Now here they are again, popping back into my life. I'm just going to get shut out again."

"I'm not going to let that happen, okay? I hate her mom anyway and I'd love to tell her to stick it. Chelsea needs you, honestly, Vic. She constantly wonders where or who her dad is, and why he's not around. I'm going to help you get in there and fix this little girl's life. She needs it."

"Really?"

"Yes really. Operation 'Fix the Fuentes Family' is now in business." he laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
cutting this off short, I just wanted to get something out and it just happened to be this. oh well oh well. who likes the fact Kellin's apart of this? I know I doooo.