Wonderless

Morning

My alarm buzzed and I jumped, tumbling off of Vic's chest. I fell to the floor, my body making a hard smack on the carpeted floor. I groaned and shut off my alarm quickly and began to pick up my clothes from the night before, getting up from the floor and started to the shower. I stopped at the closet, laying what I wanted to wear out.

"Jenna?" I heard Vic mumble from the bed.

I jumped again. "Fuck." I whispered. "Morning baby."

"Morning." he tiredly replied and rolled over, hugging his pillow.

"I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay." he shrugged. His eyes wandered to the alarm clock. "Six already?"

I nodded and folded my arms across my stomach. "I need to get ready. Go back to sleep, Vic."

He nodded and shut his eyes and I progressed on to the bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and almost froze to death while I turned on the hot water. Once I was in, I let the water jets massage my back for a moment before I began to wash my hair. When my hair and body was clean, I got out and dried myself off.

I held the towel tightly around me me and went back into the bedroom to get dressed. Vic was no longer in bed and I sighed, flipping on the lights so I could see. I slipped on a pair of underwear and hooked my bra around me. I put on a pair of jeggings and heels with a grey sweatshirt. I went back into the bathroom, drying and putting loose curls into my light brown hair. Once I was finished, I added small amounts of makeup to my face.

Once I was satisfied with my appearance, I went back into the bedroom to gather my things. I picked up my coat and bag and set them on the back of the sofa in the living room, then went to Chelsea's room to wake her up and get her ready for school. I crept through the darkness in her room and sat on the edge of her bed. "Chelsea? It's time to wake up, sweetheart." I mumbled quietly, reaching out to pat her arm. I gasped when I felt nothing but cold bed sheets in replacement. I jumped up and walked throughout the house, looking for any signs of her. I heard her giggling in the kitchen and I heard Vic in there with her also.

I walked into the room, finding Chelsea already dressed with her hair brushed out neatly. She was sitting at the bar, stuffing bites of pancakes in her mouth. I looked over at Vic, who had his back turned to me. He was concentrated on making pancakes. "Daddy, Mommy's awake." Chelsea giggled, taking a big gulp of orange juice.

Vic looked over his shoulder and smiled. "Hi, morning."

"Morning.." I mumbled. "What are you doing?"

"Making us breakfast, Mom!" Chelsea rolled her eyes.

He laughed and tossed a pancake on a plate. "I'm making you two breakfast before you leave."

"That's nice of you.. You really didn't have to do this." I quietly said, walking over to him.

He turned his head and pecked my lips gently. "I wanted to."

"Eww!" she scrunched her face up in disgust.

"Chelsea Rae, be quiet. You'll wake your Aunt Katelynne and you know what that's like."

"Sorry Mommy." she apologized, finishing up her pancakes.

Vic handed me a plate of a few pancakes and the bottle of syrup, pushing me over to the chair next to Chelsea. "Eat." he commanded. I sighed and nodded, cutting up the pancakes before I drowned them in syrup. He went on about his business, starting to make some coffee. By the time I was finished eating, he had set a mug in front of me and put the rest in a thermal cup.

"This one is for you. My coffee is better than Starbucks'. I won't even lie." he winked, pointing to the mug. "And this one is for your dic- I mean, your not so nice boss." he bit his lip, looking at Chelsea. Her eyes were wide with shock.

"Mommy, Daddy almost said a bad word." she put her hands over her mouth to hide her smile that was now on her face.

"I heard that." I nodded. "Daddy better be careful or he'll get the bar of soap in his mouth."

She giggled, picking up her cup of orange juice and drank the rest. Vic mouthed an apology to me and leaned over the counter, kissing my nose. "So now what's next on everyone's agenda?" he asked me.

"I walk Chelsea to school, then I go to work. What is on your agenda today, Mr. Fuentes?"

"Well," he scrunched his face up for a moment. "I think that I'm going to add finishing touches onto our album today and walk Jenna and Chelsea to work and school. Sounds cool, yeah?"

"Yeah!" Chelsea nodded. Vic and I both shushed her.

"Go get your bag, Chelsea." Vic told her, picking up our plates to set them in the sink. She nodded, skipping off down the hallway to retrieve her bag from her bedroom. He walked around the island and waited patiently for her to come back, leaning against me, kissing the top of my head. "She's so keen on school."

"She likes learning. She's a lot like you, you know?" I pushed him gently, standing up to grab my keys, bag, and thermal cup off the counter. "She's always so happy like you all the time. Thanks for the coffee, by the way." I slipped my bag over my shoulder, stepping forward and kissed him on the cheek.

"You're welcome. But I have noticed how similar we are." he nodded. She came back into the room with her bag, smiling up at us.

"I am ready for school!" she giggled.

"Alright, lets go then." Vic held his hand out to her, grinning big as she intertwined her tiny fingers with his. I smiled to myself, walking behind them.

Once we were out of the house, we walked down the sidewalk together side by side. Vic still held firmly onto her hand and had managed to get a hold of mine, giving mine a gently squeeze as they swung back and forth. Another smile played on my lips as he chatted with Chelsea on the way there.

We arrived just a few minutes before Chelsea's bell. Parents were flocked around the front of the building and were staring at us, just like they had a few days ago. I wasn't even bothered by it this time.

Vic stopped and got down on his knees in front of Chelsea. "Have a good day, okay?"

"Uh huh." she nodded, pushing her hair out of her face.

"I love you." he told her.

"I love you too, Daddy." she smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugged him, kissing his cheek. "Bye Momma, I love you." she looked up, waving to me.

"Love you too, Chels, have a good day." I waved to her, watching her walk towards the door of the school building. Once she was safely inside, Vic and I began to walk towards my workplace.

Again, we walked hand in hand. Our hands swung back and forth as we walked. "So." he said, trying to make out a conversation.

"So what?" I looked at him, smiling lightly.

"I don't know."

"Me either."

"Have a good day at work?"

"No promises." I mumbled, shaking my head.

"Again, why don't you just quit that place?" he raised an eyebrow, looking at me. "I think things would be a lot simpler and easier if you could just quit that job and find a new one."

"It's so hard to get one though, Vic. Yet alone to support Chelsea. Why else do you think I'm living with my sister and my brother-in-law? I mean, I'm just trying to save up a little bit of money where I can get us a small apartment for us to stay in after Copeland comes. Kellin and Katelynne are going to need that extra space and all when she comes."

"Why don't you two just move in with me?" he looked at me. "I'm serious too, Jenna."

"Vic, I.." I paused. "You've worked so hard for everything you've got. I don't want to be a bother."

"You won't be a bother at all. There's no way in hell I'm letting my child suffer either if something financially comes up. The house is paid for, I'm hardly there half of the time, and plus we'd all be there together for Chelsea's sake."

"Yeah, but-"

"No buts, Jenna. Please?" he asked, shaking my hand. I looked up, seeing my office building. "Please don't make me get down on my hands and knees and beg."

"Vic, I'll think about it." I said shortly. "I can't be late."

"Mhm." he nodded, turning me and kissed me on the lips gently. "I love you."

"Mhm." I mumbled, pulling away. "Bye Vic, have a nice day."

"You too." he awkwardly said, rubbing the back of his neck. I then took the opportunity to go inside the office building and start my daily routine. What the hell had I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry I've been MIA but I had writers block and something big hit me like a train so hi I have loads of ideas.
comment & subscribe.