Status: Turning one page at a time

I Want You to Rock Me

Show Me What You're All About

Tonight was normal as usual, the usual people, the usual bright lights. I just wanted a change. I didn't actually want to be here, this job treated me well, and I needed the money, plus, the food is amazing. None of this would have been a problem if my mother wouldn't have cheated on Rex, her boyfriend that we had been living with. I thought he was cool, even though he was the reason my parents got divorced, but my father was a selfish bastard so I never held it against him. In some ways I missed Rex, the crazy awesome father I never had.
After about 3 hours of my shift, it was starting to get hectic. In the many months of working here, had I ever seen Nandos this busy. I thought it was just coincidental, though and didn't put too much thought into it.
I was cleaning a table when they walked in. The reason I even looked up was of all the screaming girls outside. England and their boy bands. One Direction sat at a booth near the back and the other teenage girls working the same shift as me wanted to serve them.
"Why don't you give this one to Pearl?" My boss, Bluto, said and the two girls glared at me. I sighed and looked at Bluto the way I do when I'm trying to say, "Really? You had to do this to me?"
"Fine, if you really want me to." I said, reluctantly. One of the girls, whose name I can't remember, sneered at me. Polly, my sister's best friend, who also hated me with all of her being, not to mention, she works in the same exact place as I do, glared as hard as she could. I know you're probably thinking, 'Sister???' Well, she's not exactly my sister, she's my cousin,her name is Carly, but she feels like a sister, get it?
Anyway, I walked over to the group of teenage boys. From Carly's annoying habits with her obsession with boy bands I happened to know some of their names.
"Hi boys, what can I get you," I said, trying to keep my eyes off one curly haired boy. I looked at each of them closely trying to distribute their names correctly.
"Hello darlin' I would like-" an adorable Irish boy spoke up, but was quickly interrupted by a cute boy. He had a blonde streak in his his quiff and I could tell, he had perfected it for hours.
"Why don't you just order him the whole menu." He said. I raised my eyebrow slightly.
"Are you being serious?" I asked, as Irish boy, who I pinpointed as Niall, glared at the cute boy, Zayn.
"I don't know, is he serious, love?" Curly-haired boy said.
"You know Curly, if I knew the answer to that question, I don't think I would have asked it," I smirked. Curly glared and a boy with a buzz cut smiled at my remark. Liam. I could also tell by the one goofing off and messing with his silverware, was Louis. That left one. Curly. What was his name...?
"You guys are from One Direction right?" I asked. They all nodded except Curly.
"No, sweetheart, we ARE One Direction." He said. My smile was viscious enough to poison a black widow.
"You should know, my heart isn't as sweet as you think. Someone else can serve you, have a nice day." I said before turning on my
heel and slamming right into Polly, who was carrying a tray with fountain drinks on it. I saw it almost in slow motion. I was falling, she was falling. I shut my eyes, trying to get ready for the impact of the floor. The drinks got on me and me only. Curly started laughing and so did Polly. I had the same look on my face as the one I had given Bluto earlier.
"I think you're supposed to drink those, not wear them." He said. Polly laughed way too much for the simple joke. Then, I remembered how much she liked One Direction too, and how Curly over there was her favorite. What was his name???? I think it was slowly coming back to me...
"Will you shut up....Harry." I said, feeling slightly triumphant for remembering his name. He smiled.
"So you finally remembered my name. May I ask yours?" Harry said and I just scowled and ignored him while I got up to examine how damaged my outfit was.
"It's Pearl. That's her name." I overheard Polly say. I whipped around to see Harry leaning over and whispering something into Polly's ear. I confronted them and it took everything not to skin them both alive at the moment.
"What the hell Polly!" I said, raising my voice slightly. She just rolled her eyes and payed no attention to me. I just sighed and walked away, when Harry grabbed my wrist and placed something in my palm. I looked and it was a slip of paper.
"I don't want your number, Styles." I said without looking at he paper. He smiled and turned to go back to the booth. I opened the paper and it read: YOU'RE NOT COOL ENOUGH TO GET MY NUMBER. I felt like screaming and as I walked to the kitchen, on the verge of tears. I don't even know why, but from some other things that have happened earlier today, even before work, I was just having that feeling of curling up in a ball.
I wasn't paying attention and ran right into my boss.
"Whoa, Pearl, you look....good? Why don't you take the rest of the night of. Here's your paycheck by the way." He said, slapping my ass. I guess I neglected to mention, he has this perverted crush on me and Polly. Every time he gets a chance, he'll find a way touch me, like I'm his favorite or something. I just wanted to get home now though. I was literally going to curl up in a ball and cry.
NO! I refuse! I'm going to use some of this money from my paycheck and go have fun! Let's see what kind of sexy things I have in my closet.