‹ Prequel: Dark Dreams

Dark Dreams: All Grown Up

Before And Now

Luka smiles at me as we run around the garden. Dad cracks the terrain as we jump. Its a playing field for us. Mom sits on her bench and smiles at us. Luka clings to me as Dad tests us with spikes and fire. Were happy. Smiling and happy.
"Leroy!!!"
Mom comes up to Dad and wraps her arms around his neck. He stops and kisses her. Luka and me both run to them and hug around there bodies
"I love you mom, i love you Dad, I love you Luka!!!"
"We all love you Leory! And we all love Luka!"
My Mom and Dad say. They look into each others eyes and kiss. We are a happy family. A very happy family.
"Lunch time kids!!!"
We eat in our black and red dead grass meadow under the dark red sky. Our Dad's evil and meaness has died down aswell. He says having a family to protect and care for helps keep his sanity and power level low, but ready to attack when needed. Obviously our Mom is still beautiful and right at this moment dose not plan to extend our family anymore. Dad made a promise on no more kids. I wouldnt mind another brother or even sister! But im not asking for one! I like it us! A small (big) happy family. Were a laughing, playing, happy family, we all love each other and would die for one another. I couldnt imagine a life without them!! Were happy!!
Happy
Happy
Happy

A ice cold, horrifed and starving Luka climbs into my lap. I hug him tightly as water drips on my back. I can see the tears roll off his face and the terror and fear in his eyes even in the pitch black darkness.
"Leroy...I miss mommy and daddy..."
I kiss him on the head and tighten my grip around his small body
"Me to..."
"I want mommy!!! I want daddy!!"
He sobs into my chest and I sigh. I wrap the small blanket around him. Even in Heaven it's cold and dark. Tears form in my eyes but I suck them back into my eyes. I won't cry in front of my poor brother. Everything's dark and sad. We haven't seem Mom or Dad in months...it might even been years...it's been so long from the last time we all smiled together, the last time we even say them...worse of all...it's been forever scene we've been happy. Sad, Sadness, Depression, every bad feeling in the world is in our heads. I'm afraid. Afraid for Luka. He's in pain, he's sick, hungry and full of fear. I have to protect him. He'll die if I don't...we're sad.
Sad
Sad
Sad
What I wouldn't give to go back to the before. Now everything's dark. I want us to go back to being happy. My dreams are my only escape route....as Dark as they may be.