Sequel: Young Lovers' Rage
Status: still sobbing what else is new

Drop the Hammer

King Optimus

Ben woke up the next morning cradled in James's arms. Ben's head was on James's chest, and he could feel his heart beating. It was music to his ears. Ben laid there silently for a few minutes, listening to James breath. It was so calming to Ben, it put him in a blissful state. He never wanted to get out of bed. As long as he was with James...

James started stirring and Ben sat up. Ben sat cross-legged and smiled sweetly at James as he awoke. “Good morning, beautiful.” Ben said to James, stroking his face.

James sat up. He kissed Ben softly then looked at him. “Good morning, MVP.” He smiled.

Ben giggled. “Last night was amazing.”

“Only for my Ben.” James said slyly. He rolled out of bed and headed for the bathroom. Ben got up and headed for the kitchen. Ben took out a frying pan and set it on the stove, and grabbed some eggs, cheese, and ham, and placed them on the counter. He started making himself and James and omelet.

Meanwhile, James came out into the living room and flicked the television on. He turned on the news. The first thing he saw was Ben's beautiful smiling face on the screen. James watched as they replayed the winning goal, the post-game celebration, all the player's turns with the cup. Finally, they showed Ben raise the cup. James couldn't help but smile proudly as his boyfriend lift the Calder high above his head and yowl in pleasure. They showed Ben skating into James' arms. James cringed for a moment when he thought they were going to show James kissing Ben. But, they went on to the next clip of the cup. James sighed in relief as the camera didn't catch their private moment.

Ben walked out into the living room, carrying a tray containing the two's breakfast. He placed a plate and glass of orange juice in front of where James was sitting, and a plate and glass in front of where he was going to sit. Ben quickly put the tray on the kitchen counter, then went back and sat beside James.

“Whatcha watching?” Ben asked his man.

“The news coverage of the victory last night.” James replied.

“Oh man,” Ben chuckled. “C'mon.”

“Hey, I'm proud of you and the guys. I just wanted to see it again, and...” James trailed off. Ben looked at him, urging him to continue. “And... And I wanted to see if they showed my... my.. my mistake...”

Ben almost choked on his eggs. “Your mistake? Jesus, Jimmy! Don't worry about it! You slipped up, and it went almost completely unnoticed. I trust Jake, I've told him things before, and he's always sworn to secrecy, and he's never told. Jake is one of the only guys on the team I can fully trust - not saying I don't trust the other guys – but I trust Jake the most. Next to you, of course.” Ben said a bit loudly, never breaking eye contact with James.

James had to look away. He was choking back tears. He hated when Ben got angry or upset. “I'm sorry.” James said, standing up.

“Sit down.” Ben demanded. James sat.

Ben moved over until he was right beside James, their thighs touching. He grabbed James' face with both his hands, and looked him hard in the eyes. “James,” Ben started. “I need you to listen to me.

James nodded, and barely squeaked out an “Okay.”

“You don't need to worry, okay?” Ben asked, and James nodded again. “It's gonna be okay, alright? Nothing bad is gonna come out of this. I probably would have done the same thing to you if it was you lifting the cup over your head. I can't imagine how happy and proud you must have been.”

“I was so happy, Ben.” James replied. “I love you so much, Ben. You're my everything.”

Ben kissed James slowly. James could feel Ben's smile through the kiss.

“I love you, too much, James.” Ben said after he pulled away. “I'd do anything for you, King Optimus.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:))))))) :*