Sequel: Young Lovers' Rage
Status: still sobbing what else is new

Drop the Hammer

Rookie Power

Ben woke up early the next morning for practice. He quickly and quietly slid out of bed so he didn't wake up James. Ben places a soft kissing on James' forehead and snuck into the bathroom and washed up. He got dressed and went into the living room. He pulled out a pen and a piece of paper. He wrote James a short letter:

Jimmy,

I've gone to practice. I will pick you up from here when I'm finished, so stay here. I've got something special planned for us. ;)

Love Always,
Benjamin. <3


He folded the letter in half, wrote “Jimmy” on the front, and stood in on the kitchen counter island in plain site for James to see. Ben quickly grabbed an apple and an Oatmeal To Go bar and headed out the door. He took the elevator down the 4 floors and rushed out. He got into his car and drove off. Ben made a quick stop at Tim Horton's, and ordered a coffee and cream cheese bagel. Ben ate while driving – he sometimes didn't follow the rules because he thinks he's a bad ass.

Ben pulled into the parking lot of the Mastercard Centre, where the Marlies mostly practice, and finished the last of his “breakfast”.When Ben finished eating, he got out of the car and unloaded his equipment bags from the trunk, and entered the MCC.

Ben walked into the dressing room and dropped his equipment in front of his designated stall. He sat down with a loud sigh and started to pull out his stuff. He piled on his padding and put his skates on. Ben tied up his skated and pulled out his practice jersey from his bag, and slowly pulled it over his head. By now, Ben was one of the last players in the locker room. After Joe Colborne headed out to the ice, Ben, Jake Gardiner, and Matt Frattin were the last players in the room. Ben was buckling up his pads, and he could feel both Matt and Jake's eyes on him. Matt and Jake were always one of the first ones on the ice. Ben was starting to get a little suspicious, but he shrugged it off. He could hear the two whispering and giggling to each other, nothing out of the ordinary. Matt and Jake always acted like this, but today they were acting a bit... strange.

Ben finished getting ready and stood up to make his way to the ice. He was almost at the door when Matt got up and stood in front of him.

“Hey, Fratts.” Ben said.

Matt smiled at Ben slyly. “Hey, Scrivy. Where ya headed?” Matt asked.

“To go on the ice... for practice. Shouldn't you be, too?” Ben replied.

“Nah, not yet. Come, let's have a little talk, just you me, and Jakey here.” Matt answered.

“But I-we have to get out and practice.” Ben stuttered.

Matt and Jake both laughed in unison. “Ah, ole Dally wont worry. Gards and I need to speak to ya.” Matt said, putting his hand on Ben's shoulder, pulling him over to where Jake was sitting.

“Take a seat.” Jake ordered, patting the spot beside him. Ben sat. Matt sat down on the other side of Ben.

“So, Ben, is there something you've been meaning to tell me? Us? The team?” Matt asked Ben.

Ben furrowed his brow. “What do you mean? No?” He asked, confused.

“Or, something you've been hiding from us all?” Matt questioned. Ben stayed silent. “I know your secret, Ben.” Matt whispered in Ben's ear.

Ben hung his head low between his knees. “Yes. Ok. I'm gay.” Ben said after a bit of silence.

“Anything else?” Matt pushed on.

“And... I'm gay with James Reimer.” Ben barely squeaked out.

Matt stared hard at Ben, trying not to smile. “Why didn't you tell us?” He asked.

“I was scared...” Ben started. “How'd you fine out, anyways?” Ben asked Matt.

“You didn't think good ole Gards over here wasn't gonna tell me, eh?” Matt laughed.

“Jake...” Ben looked at Jake, hurt.

“Sorry, Ben. You should have known I would have told Fratts.” Jake said

“That's true.” Ben said. “Well...”

“How's it going for ya? Are me and Jakey the only ones who know?” Matt asked Ben, suddenly being soft.

“It's going good I guess.” Ben said. “And yea, you two are the only ones who know as far as I know.” Ben answered.

“Well, you wanna keep it that way?” Jake asked, standing up. Matt followed.

“For now, yes. Yes I do.” Ben replied, looking up at the two boys.

“Well then, Ben,” Jake said, putting extra emphasis on 'Ben'. He got right up close to Ben's face. “You're gonna have to do things for us.”

“Yeah.” Matt added.

“Things? What kind of things?” Ben asked nervously.

“You're gonna be our bitch.” Jake said, laughing.

“Your... what?” Ben asked

“You're gonna be our bitch!” Matt laughed, repeating what Jake had said.

“What do you mean?” Ben asked, scared and confused.

“What we mean is,” Matt started.

“You're gonna do everything we say,” Jake continued.

“Or else,” Matt added.

“Or else... what?” Ben asked, even though he knew what the answer was going to be.

“Or else we're gonna tell everyone your little secret.” Matt and Jake said in unison, before laughing.

“Oh...” Ben said. Ben took a deep breath in and looked at the sky, then back and Matt and Jake. He wanted to say something, defend himself. But he couldn't find the words. He was intimidated by two rookies.

“Now get on the ice!” Jake yelled at Ben. Ben stood up and headed for the door, follow by a laughing Fratts and Gards.
♠ ♠ ♠
dally is the marlies coach, Dallas Eakins kk
~ooo matt and jake are lil' devils eh