Sequel: Young Lovers' Rage
Status: still sobbing what else is new

Drop the Hammer

Lies And Covers

“Where have you been?” James beamed at Ben as soon as Ben walked in the door. Ben took his coat off and hung it in the closed, ignoring James. He headed to the bathroom but James was blocking the doorway.

“I asked you where you were.” James said, less harsh.

“I heard you the first time, James. Now watch out, I need to shower.” Ben said, pushing James aside. James looked at Ben, hurt. Ben walked quickly to the bathroom and shut the door. He put his back against the door and took a few deep breathes. Ben turned on the shower and undressed. He got in and stood there thinking about the day's events, letting the water stream over his body.

Meanwhile, James sat in the living room trying to think of anything he could have done that would have hurt Ben or anger him. James just couldn't think of anything that he did wrong! It was just last night that he and Ben had had wicked sex. James smiled at the sex thought, but then frowned at the thought of Ben. James treated Ben like absolute gold. Ben was the best thing that ever happened to James and it hurt James when Ben treated him that way. Ben had never treated James this way before.

Ben walked into the living room shortly after, just in a towel. James looked up at Ben. Damn, he was hot. Ben sat on the couch beside James.

“I'm sorry for snapping on you earlier.” James said after a bit of awkward silence.

“Don't be. You had every right and reason to. I should have left you a note. I'm sorry, Jimmy.” Ben said, looking at James.

“Where were you, Ben?” James asked in hardly a whisper.

“I-I had to do a few... things.” Ben replied.

“Why?” James asked. “What things?”

“I uh it doesn't matter.” Ben answered. “Look, the point is I should have told you I was going out and I should have responded to your texts and for that I'm sorry.”

James looked at his knees and let out a heavy sigh. He looked back up at Ben. “I forgive you, Ben. Just please don't do it again. I was worried about you.” James responded.

“I promise.” Ben said, leaning in to kiss James.

They kissed for a few minutes before they were interrupted by Ben's phone ringing. Ben broke free from the kiss and answered it. It was Jake.

“Hello?” Ben said into the phone.

“Hey Benny boy!” Jake replied.

Ben sighed and stood up. “What do you want, Jake? I don't have time for this.”

“What, are you too busy with your little boyfriend?” Jake laughed. Ben could hear Matt laughing in the background. Ben closed his eyes and held his breath.

“No.” Ben lied. “Now what do you want?”

“Just wanted to make sure you knew that we'd be spending a whole awful lot of time together the next few days with training camp. So make sure you have no slip up and don't forget, you're still our bitch.”

“Yes.” Ben sighed. “Good bye, Jake. See you tomorrow.” Ben replied.

“Bye bitch.” Jake said before hanging up. Ben looked at the ground then over and James.

“What was that all about?” James asked innocently.

“Jake just wanted to make sure that we remembered that camp started tomorrow.” Ben lied again. He sat back down beside James. “Now, where were we?”
♠ ♠ ♠
really short filler but the next ones a goodie and should be out tomorrow ;)