Status: Active.

Last Girl Standing

Kassandra DeLuca

Kassandra pulled her blanket closer to her as she heard the girls returning home from their overnight date. She hoped Abelia and Zayn’s date had gone well, but something in her gut said it didn’t. Getting out of bed she saw the clock read seven thirty and decided she needed to start the day. Heading down to the kitchen in her pink David Bowie shirt that had a large owl on it and black shorts, she decided to make breakfast. She wasn’t really the motherly type, but she had a bad feeling about the day that lay ahead and wanted to keep herself busy.

After breakfast she started back for her room, but was surprised to see Tanisha walking in, the cameras right behind her. Kass looked down at her short shorts and hoped that it would be edited out of the show, but she was sure it wouldn’t be. There was only one reason for the ample woman to be there today, and that was to announce the girls up for elimination.

“Girls!” She shouted and quickly they all gathered around her, eager to find out who would be moving on and who had to fear for their spot. “So, these are the girls up for elimination. Aurora, Chelsea, Jessica and Kassandra.”

Kassandra felt her stomach drop. She didn’t think there was a reason for her being in the bottom, but now that she was, she was positive she was going home. Nodding, she started for the stairs to get dressed once they were dismissed.

The girls were called to head to elimination around four that afternoon and Kass had come to terms with being up for elimination. She wouldn’t leave without a fight though. She still had a mission in the house and she would be damned if she didn’t get it done.

Sitting with two of the other girls, Kass went over what she figured she’d need to do to stay in the game. She knew Liam would vote her off, and she didn’t blame him. She still hadn’t apologized for being so rude to him. Zayn and Niall would be allies she hoped, but there was no guarantee in Love Games. When the first girl came out from the room with the boys, she looked a bit taken down. Clearly it hadn’t gone well.

Kass was the last of the girl to walk into the room. The boys sat at a table opposite where she stood, their eyes all on her. Taking a deep breath, she put a smile on her face and readied herself for the fight. She wouldn’t let herself be forgotten or kicked off yet.

“So, Kassandra we haven’t really met yet,” Louis said giving her a smile. “But you seem like a nice girl.”

Liam scoffed from where he sat earning some looks from the other boys, but didn’t explain himself. Kass pulled on her lip as she tried to keep a smile on her face, but her eyes kept going back to the boy with the buzz cut. Harry looked over to him after a second.

“Liam, you have something to say?”

“I don’t think you’re a nice girl at all,” Liam said sending a look to Harry before pointing his gaze at Kass. “In the short conversation we had, you managed to not only insult me, but the entire group.”

“What?” Harry and Zayn asked not understanding what he was talking about.

“I really didn’t mean it that way!” Kassandra said, “To be honest I’ve been trying to find a time to apologize to you, but you’re always talking to one of the other girls.” Looking down she could feel a blush forming on her cheeks for how jealous she sounded. “I just… I’m not always the best person when I drink and I’m really sorry about it. But everyone makes mistakes, don’t we?”

Liam looked down on her for a moment, his eyes still judging, but not quite as harshly. Zayn leaned forward on the table, his hands clasped before him. Kass found that he looked a little tired, like he hadn’t gotten much sleep the night before, but she didn’t know why.

“Kass, I’ve gotten to know you and I’m sure whatever you said to Liam wasn’t meant in a bad way. You’re a very sweet girl and I’d hate to see you go home. Plus, you can cook well,” he laughed earning a few smiles from the boys. “And you’ve got great ambitions.”

“Thank you,” Kass said, tugging at her necklace a little as she smiled to the boy.

“I agree wit Zayn,” Niall said nodding his head as he gave the girl a smile.

Soon a producer sent the other girls in, so Kass stood beside her fellow bottom contenders waiting for the judgment. She hoped like hell she’d done enough to stay. After the way Zayn had stuck up for her, she felt she owed him something and if she could she would do her best to make sure he’d end up with the right girl.

“My vote goes to Jessica,” Harry said with a slight frown.

“Mine too,” Niall said with a nod.

“Sorry Jessica, I just don’t think your right for one of us, but you’re still a great girl,” Liam said with a sad tug of a smile on his lips as he gave the bad news.

“Chelsea,” Louis said, without explanation.

“I’m afraid I’ll have to say Jessica,” Zayn said, putting the nail in the coffin for the girl on the opposite end of the line from Kass.

Jessica burst out in tears as she was led out of the room, leaving Kass and the remaining girls to wait to be dismissed. Looking down the line, Kass wondered how much longer she would be able to hang in. The other girls were all gorgeous with tall thin bodies, but there she was at five foot one wearing a size five dress. She wasn’t even that curvy, but standing next to the girls in size twos and zeros, she felt huge.

“Alright girls, you’re free to leave,” Zayn told them with a smile as he got up from his place at the table.

As Kass headed to the door, she was surprised to feel a hand on her shoulder. Turning to see who it was, she smiled at the sight of Zayn. His raven hair was a bit messy, but Kass thought it was cute. The boy reminded her of a friend she had back home, the one that was basically her brother.

“You have a minute?” He asked, his hand still firmly placed on her shoulder.

“Yeah,” Kass laughed, “I think I can spare a little time for you.”

Zayn smiled as he led her towards the back of the mansion, past the pool to a little gazebo that was lit up with little twinkle lights. As they walked, Kass noticed a camera man following them, but the guy kept a good distance. Taking a seat on one of the benches, she looked out at the view. They were on a high point of the island and could just see the ocean from where they sat. It was a gorgeous view that Kass had never thought she’d be able to see.

“It’s gorgeous out here,” Zayn said looking out where Kass had her gaze pointed.

“Yeah, I’ve never seen anything like it,” she replied as Zayn wrapped an arm around her waist, sitting beside her. “You don’t get views like this in Minnesota.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, especially not where I live.” She told him. “This is a far cry from Blaine, Minnesota.”

“It’s a far cry from Bradford too,” he said. “You know it’s kind of nice to be on an island away from everything."

“It must be like a breath of fresh air, seeing as you boys are constantly hounded by fans and photographers.”

“Yeah, must be weird for you girls to have these cameras around all the time,” he commented. “We’re pretty used to it, but it must be strange for you.”

“Just a little bit,” Kass said with a giggle, “But in the end it should be worth it. I mean, if I actually fall for one of you boys,” nudging him with her shoulder, she winked before she continued, “It’ll all have been worth it.”

“Kass,” Zayn started as she turned to look at him. Their eyes were caught in a moment, just frozen beneath the little twinkle lights, brown meeting grey. “I think meeting you has made taking this chance worth it.”

Biting her lip, Kass was surprised when Zayn pushed some of her bright red hair behind her ear, his fingers lingering on the blond tips before going back to graze her cheek. Her breath caught in her throat as she reminded herself that she was going to set him up with Abelia, but she had no will to fight him as his lips met hers. It was undeniable the boy was a good kisser and as he pulled away a smile on his face, Kass knew she had influence. Even though she was conflicted with what she would do from that point on, that was one thing she was sure of. She had influence.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what's everyone thinking?

Katie is next and it's going to be fantastic!

xoxo