Status: Active.

Last Girl Standing

Abelia Rockwell

Abelia’s hands refused to stop shaking as she sat on one of the chairs waiting to go in for elimination. It was the first time she’d ever been put up for it and, knowing Niall was the one who’d elected the girls, she knew she should have just kept her mouth shut the other night. She had no one to blame but herself as she remembered the sad look in Niall’s eyes and the fury in Zayn’s. And knowing she was the cause of it was almost more than she could bear.

Finally Chelsea walked out, her eyes catching Abelia’s before a smug smirk came over her lips. “Looks like Niall doesn’t fancy you after all.” She all but hissed. “They’re ready for you.” Abelia pressed her lips together, her knees shaking as she opened the massive door and stepped inside. She let out a shaky breath as she stood, not wanting to look up and see the five men who would decide her fate. She laced her fingers behind her back, not wanting them to see how nervous she was as Niall’s voice called out to her.

“Abelia, come on love, there’s nothing to be afraid of.” She nearly scoffed at his remark, but decided against it as she looked up, seeing all five of them looking intently at her. Niall simply motioned for her to come closer and she obeyed, feeling like there was a rock sitting in her stomach.

Her eyes slowly moved over the boys, Louis was on one end, Harry next to him and Liam in the middle. She let her eyes move over the raven haired boy beside Liam, not wanting to see Zayn after yet another one of their dates had ended so horribly before finally settling her gaze on Niall. “I guess you’re wondering why you’re here.” Niall said simply.

“I can’t say I’m all that surprised.” She whispered, her eyes moving back to the floor.

“Yes Niall, why is she here?” Zayn growled, his glare looking as if it would kill the blonde boy on the end.

“Well it’s not for the reason you think Lia.” Niall promised, ignoring Zayn’s comment.

“So why am I here?” She asked, feeling like her throat was made of sandpaper as she saw the eyes she had once loved to get lost in. Niall sighed before leaning back in his chair and running one of his hands through his hair.

“Like I said before Lia, you are a smart, beautiful girl and any lad would be lucky to have you.” She pressed her lips together at the familiar words, fighting the tears that tried to well up in her eyes.

“And just like before, there’s a but coming isn’t there?” She whispered, her gaze looking to the table they sat at instead of into his eyes.

“In light of everything, I don’t think any of us deserve you.” Her eyes flew up and Zayn looked ready to strangle Niall as he continued. “I mean, Louis seems to like every girl he sees, Harry already has Sadie, Liam and you don’t seem to click, and Zayn and I have both honestly fucked things up beyond all repair. There is a smart, handsome man waiting for you Abelia, I just don’t think he’s here.”

She pressed her lips together, her tears starting to win their battle as Niall turned to the other boys for their thoughts. Louis sighed, looking at her. “On our one date together… I don’t know. You just are so quiet and I need a girl who can laugh, you just blush all the time. I think Niall’s right.” She nodded, desperate not to cry.

“I think Niall’s right too. You’re such a sweet girl, but I just don’t think any of us are right for you.” Her lower lip started trembling and her gaze turned to the floor again, trying to look at anything besides the boys who were about to condemn her.

“Well, I think you should go home, but not for the same reasons.” Her eyes moved up to Liam, who looked pissed. “You’ve caused two of my best mates to stop speaking to each other entirely. They’re constantly arguing and at each other’s throats because of you, and I honestly don’t understand why.”

“Shut up Liam.” All eyes moved to Zayn, who looked like he was ready to explode as he glared at the brunette.

“Zayn, you have to wait until-” Harry started, but Zayn wasn’t about to let him finish.

“No! Fuck all this waiting! Fuck all of you assholes trying to send home the one girl in this whole damn place that I care about!” He screamed, standing so quickly that he knocked his chair down in the process. His honey eyes, now stormy with rage, moved over to Abelia’s. As their gazes connected he calmed down, his tense muscles relaxing as they looked at each other. He saw how frightened she was and sighed, running one of his hands through his hair. He knew he had one chance to keep her here, with him, and he couldn’t afford to mess this up too.

“I’ve never told you this, but one the first day here I went over to the pool to smoke and I saw you reading. I pulled Tanisha over and made her tell me who you were.” Zayn chuckled sadly before continuing, “We were hiding behind a hedge because I was terrified that you would see me and I would have to talk to you for the first time in front of a bunch of cameras. It’s been a long time since the idea of talking to a girl has made me that nervous, and it scared me half to death. I expected to come on here and have a bit of fun, but instead I met you.”

“Zayn…” She whispered, not knowing what else to say. He was blushing lightly, something he never seemed to do and she couldn’t help but feel her cheeks start to heat up as well. He finally sighed, looking down at the table before his eyes moved to hers again.

“I know I fucked up. I should have told you how I felt from day one, but the thought of just leaping into another relationship terrified me. So I played the bases, I went around to different girls and I know it must have killed you. And I’m so sorry Abelia. It wasn’t until I saw you with someone else that I realized that you were the only girl here for me.”

Her face was now a bright shade of red as the two looked at each other for what seemed like an eternity. Finally Zayn spoke again. “Will you please give me another chance?” She pressed her lips together and nodded, feeling her tears finally spill out onto her cheeks as he leapt over the table and wrapped her in a tight hug.

“Zayn, may I remind you that she’s up for elimination?” Liam said, his voice cold as he looked at the two. Zayn nodded before leaning over and whispering into her ear.

“If you leave, I leave.” With that he pulled back, looking into her eyes one last time before walking back to the table and sitting back down.

“Abelia, will you please get the rest of the girls?” Niall asked, avoiding looking at her as she nodded and turned back towards the door. She swallowed nervously, but the thought of Zayn’s promise gave her hope as she opened the door and ushered the rest of the girls inside. They lined up, all of them looking hopefully at the boys before all eyes turned to Louis.

“Zayn, Abelia, I think this is for your own good.” He said simply. Her heart sank as Louis looked at her. “My vote is for Abelia.” Chelsea smirked at the brown eyed girl at the end of the line as Abelia simply nodded.

“Chelsea.” Harry said simply. “I’m sorry, my vote’s for you.” Zayn smiled at the curly haired boy, who simply grinned right back. Liam’s eyes were cold as he looked at the girls.

“Abelia.” He said, not even hesitating. She felt her hands begin shaking again as her eyes locked with the warm honey brown of Zayn’s.

“Chelsea.” He whispered, his gaze not even moving over to the sniffling blonde girl. All eyes then rested on Niall, Abelia’s heart was hammering in her chest so hard she was sure everyone could hear it as the blue eyed boy looked between the two girls. He bit his lip and Abelia wished she hadn’t ever whispered a word of what had happened between them. He and Zayn hating each other was all her fault and now it might spell her doom. Finally he swallowed nervously.

“Abelia.” He said quietly. Her heart sank as Chelsea leapt up into the air, cheering. Zayn was about to lunge when Niall held up one of his hands. His eyes then finally moved to Abelia’s as he smiled sadly. “You had better take good care of Zayn.” Abelia felt like all the air in the room was gone as she watched Niall’s lips form the words ‘sorry Chelsea’ or something along those lines. She had to grip the shoulder of the girl next to her to keep from falling as her eyes met Zayn’s again, who was smiling.

Both of them knew that if it hadn’t been for his little speech she would be headed home right now, and as all the guys and girls cleared out of the room, the two of them stayed. He stood, walking over to her and taking her small body into his arms, not even caring that a camera was there as he hugged her tightly to him.

“So, can we start over?” He asked, his face buried in her hair.

“Sounds like a plan.” She said. He then quickly pulled away, offering his hand to her.

“Hi, I’m Zayn.” He said, smiling. She took his hand in hers, giving it a small shake.

“Abelia.”

“Abelia.” He repeated. “What a beautiful name.” She giggled, leaping back into his arms as he spun her around, gripping her to him tightly. As he finally set her down he took her hands in his, interweaving their fingers together. He turned to the camera man, raising his eyebrows in a silent attempt to ask him to leave. The man simply obeyed, leaving the two completely alone in the room as they looked at each other.

The two of them couldn’t see anything else but the other as Zayn bit his lower lip. He had dreamed about kissing Abelia since the first moment he saw her, and now that he had the chance he was nervous as Hell. Should he try to completely rock her world and pull every trick he knew? Should he keep it simple and sweet? He was so panicked that he didn’t even see Abelia's small smile form before she grabbed his face and pulled his lips down to meet hers.

They both smiled into the kiss as Zayn brought her closer to him as her hands slipped up his chest to lock around his neck. Both of them were on cloud nine as they pulled apart, grinning stupidly at each other. “Nice to meet you too.” Zayn joked, making both of them laugh before he pulled their lips back together. And right then and there, Zayn promised himself that he would never let the small girl out of his arms ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay they made up!
The beautiful and talented Paige is up next
so you know it's going to be perfect!