Status: Active.

Last Girl Standing

October Hudson

October wasn’t a girl who cried a lot. Hell, she didn’t even cry a little. But as she, Megan, Aurora, and Rachel all sat in the holding room at elimination, October had to try her hardest to hold back the tears. She thought that she had made a big enough impression on Zayn and Liam that she’d be safe for a while. She thought that with her new relationship with Niall, she’d have a shot at happiness.

But like her grandmother said, good things never last long. And true happiness only comes to those who deserve it.

The door opened and Tanisha stood in the entrance, a frown on her face as she motioned for the girls to follow her into the elimination room. All five boys sat silently with grave faces and sad expressions. These give girls were the girls that were still without a true match. October knew that all the other girls could be matched fairly easily.

There was Kass and Liam. Louis and Haley. Sadie and Harry. Abelia and Zayn. But Jenna was the odd girl out. She seemed to play all corners of the field, willing to take any boy from anyone just to have a shot at the grand prize, whatever it would be. But these girls stood in front of the boys as the social outcasts of the games. They were the rejected girls who no one really liked or understand.

And it was only a matter of time before they all went home.

Sure, some girls would go home with one of the five boys and one lucky girl would go home with a boy and the grand prize.

October knew deep in her heart that she would neither go home with a boy or take the grand prize. She knew for a fact that it was not in her destiny. To be with one of those boys. She felt naked as she stood before the panel of boys with the four girls who she knew as only complete strangers. She only knew their names and that was it. Anything else was word of mouth, something she’d heard from the other girls.

Megan stood to her right, shaking slightly from fear of losing.

Aurora stood to her right, in tears.

Liam cleared his throat. “We’ve all heard a little about you and spoken our thoughts about you. Now we’ll hear why you should stay in the competition. We’ll start with October.”

The girl took a deep breath and glanced at Zayn and then Liam and finally Niall, resting for a few more seconds on the blond boy. Zayn and Niall smiled reassuringly, but Liam looked solemn and slightly angry. October cleared her throat. “I know in the past that I’ve been a little bit defensive and closed off when it comes to my pat. But I’ve opened up to a few of you and I’m hoping that that’s enough to keep me in the competition. This week, I’ve realized that I’m not exactly like the other girls. None of the others have tattoos and piercings prior to the last challenge. And I think that that sets me apart from the others. I think that I deserve to be happy and I think my happiness is sitting in front of me.”

Niall’s cheeks reddened a shade of pink as he smiled in embarrassment though none of the other boys looked at him. October stopped listening to the other girls when she realized that they all said similar things about finding their happiness in the boys in front of them.

October didn’t know if they were being genuine and sincere, but she knew for a fact that every word, she had meant.

Liam sighed and sat back. “You’ve all made good cases about why you should all stay. We’ll cast our votes now. I’ll start off by voting for October. You’re right. You don’t fit in with the other girls. I know that I said there as a possibility for you and someone on this side of the room on the first elimination round, but I’m not seeing that anymore. I don’t mean to be harsh, but I don’t know if there’s a place for you here anymore. I’m sorry October.”

“I’m voting for Megan. You seem rather transparent to me,” Zayn muttered simply. October knew that he’d never have voted for her. They had made a secret alliance, an alliance of friends that would never betray each other.

Louis took a deep breath. “I’m going to have to agree with Liam. October, we all know that you’re beautiful, but you seem too closed off to be in this conversation.”

Harry frowned. “As much as I hate to do this, I’m going to have to vote for you as well, October. I just don’t think you’re being honest with us. I don’t think you’re as genuine as some of us think you are. I’m sorry.”

Niall’s head snapped up. “What?”

“I’m sorry, October. But at three votes with one vote less, we have no choice but to send you home.” Liam blinked slowly and uncaringly as the other three girls sighed in relief that they had been spared. “It’s been put to a vote and October is being sent home.”

Niall stood up abruptly. “You can’t do this. You can’t send her home!”

“It’s the rules of the game,” Tanisha interjected. “There’s no way around it, hun. October has to go home.”

October felt tears prick her eyes. They were the same tears that she had been holding back since she had returned to the elimination holding room. The other three girls left the hall, leaving October and the boys in the room with Tanisha. She had no words as Niall practically jumped over the panel table to join her side. He wrapped his arms tightly around her, securing her to his chest as he practically shook with anger and rage. “You’re going to send the only girl that I care about home?”

“It’s not their rules,” October whispered against the skin of his neck. “It’s okay. I’m not meant to be here.”

“Yes, you are. You’re suppose to be here with me,” Niall growled. “You can’t send her home. Tanisha, do something about this.”

The woman held up her hands. “I’m just the host. I can’t do anything about the rules and I can’t change them either.”

Niall shut his eyes tightly and focused on keeping his calm and self control. “Change them. I don’t care who does it, just change the rules so she doesn’t go home. Please, I’m begging you.”

There was a moment of dead silence as Niall and October held onto each other, not willing to let each other go even though they knew they had to. “I won’t let them send you home, October. Not when I’ve just found you. I can’t let you go when I know that you’re the girl I’ve been waiting for since the beginning.”

Tanisha cleared her throat. “I’m sorry, hun. But October, it’s time for you to go. Please go back to the house and pack your things.”

October nodded and stood on her tip toes, placing both of her hands on each side of Niall’s face. She stared into his blue eyes and forced herself to keep from crying. “It’s okay, Niall. There are other girls that-”

“I don’t want other girls, October. I want you.”

October looked away from him, gently falling out of his arms. “It’s the rules, Niall. I have to go. I’m sorry I wasn’t open enough.”

She left him standing in the middle of the elimination room as she slowly found herself in her room, packing all of her clothes into the small black suitcase she had brought with her. She knew all the girls were standing behind her, some of them crying, some of them silent. October sat on the edge of her bed, staring at the full and zipped suitcase. There was silence and it was something that October wanted to break.

She didn’t know what to say as some of the girls trailed out and left her room in silence. They continued to leave the room until only one person stood in the doorway. She glanced up and saw Niall standing teary eyed in the doorway of her room. “I talked to the producers.”

October bowed her head. “Why?”

“Because I can’t lose you, October. I swear that if you leave, I’m leaving with you.” Niall sat beside her on her bed, nuzzling his nose against her neck. “I was so stupid for holding a grudge against you in the beginning. I was a twat and I can’t believe I wasted all that time. But the producers said they could make an exception to the elimination rule. They’re allowing you to stay. But if you get eliminated again, you aren’t allowed back.”

“Why would they do that?”

Niall forced a smile. “Because I threatened to leave if they didn’t let you stay. They can’t have one of us leaving because that wouldn’t work.”

October felt her stomach churn. “The others won’t be happy about it. Zayn won’t mind, but no one else will agree with it.”

“I don’t care what they think. We’ll be a couple and they can’t do anything about it,” Niall said firmly. “So, October. Will you be my girlfriend and stay in the competition no matter what the other lads say?”

Another smile spread across her face. “I would love to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
And there you have it :) Some Noctober to tie you over :D
-Micah