Status: Active.

Last Girl Standing

Haley Hart

The small brunette lay on her bed, curled tightly into the sheets around her body as the previous day's elimination overtook her thoughts.

To say that Haley was upset when Aurora told her she'd be leaving was an understatement. Haley was crushed. Her new friend and only ally in the games was gone.

She had thought about reaching out to the other girls for some kind of support, but that would make her seem desperate. They all had their cliques and she was just the outsider looking in.

"Sadie's a really nice girl," Aurora had told her when Haley finally broke and confessed she had no one to turn to.

Haley agreed. But that was if Harry even let her near the girl with a ten-foot pole.

"And keep Megan away from Louis, alright? You're good for each other."

Haley wasn't sure if she agreed with that, but promised to try for Aurora's sake.

She was so lost in thought she almost didn't hear the soft knocking at her door. She groaned, throwing the warm sheets over her head and hoped the knocker would just leave.

But the knocking just persisted, finally coaxing Haley to climb out of bed with a huff. She didn't want anyone else to notice the unwanted visitor.

When Haley cautiously opened the door, her lips were immediately met with another pair. She kissed back almost as quickly, recognizing the familiar feel.

"Hey," Louis breathed. His fingers ghosted the skin peeking out just above her sweatpants and Haley had no doubt in her mind that he had no other ulterior motives other than getting in to them.

Did he even want to find a girl like the other boys did?

She bit her lip.

"Hey."

Louis looked at her sadly.

"I'm so sorry."

Haley moved past him with a nod, shutting the door quietly and locking it.

"I tried to get them to keep her on, I swear."

Haley stayed quiet for a bit before shrugging.

"It's fine."

Louis' thumb brushed across her cheek.

"You don't look fine," he whispered.

Anger flared in Haley's chest. She knew what he was coming to her for, and she knew that he knew she did. They both knew she was more than willing as well, the night in the pool confirmed it. So why didn't he just get it over with?

The way she kissed him again was filled with just as much frustration, a clash of teeth and too much tongue. Louis grunted, shoving her roughly up against the door before deciding that the bed was a better idea.

Haley was right. She always was with Louis.

He tore off his shirt above her, and she removed hers, throwing it off to the side. Their lips met again as Louis ran his fingers down her ribs and stomach, breaking his mouth from hers only to see what he was doing as he undid his trousers.

But then, everything came to a screeching halt when Louis caught sight of the bruise just under Haley's shoulder.

"What happened?" He asked quietly. "Who did this?" He touched her arm gingerly.

Haley winced as it stung under his fingers and was silent for a moment, deliberating her answer.

"Megan."

Louis' eyes flashed angrily back to Haley's.

"What? Didn't you tell anyone?"

Haley sighed. "I didn't need to, there were at least three cameras on us."

"And no one did anything?" His voice gave away his disbelief. He was upset.

"The cameramen wouldn't let them, they crowded around us. Look, it's fine. All they want is action, for a good show. We gave it to them."

Louis' gaze softened.

"Haley-"

She cut him off with another hungry kiss and he didn't object, just kissed her back slowly.

The night wore on, and it was a mess of tangled limbs, mixed breaths, and clothes left behind.

"Do you want this?" He asked.

Haley nodded and once he connected their bodies, they both knew that there was no going back.

When the stars finally faded from her eyes and her breathing calmed, Haley realized that Louis was still there, more than there. His chest was pressed firmly against her back and his arm draped over her waist, tickling the bare skin above her stomach as she felt his warm breath across her neck. He started humming against her ear as he held her close and she chuckled, enjoying it more than she was willing to admit to herself.

"That the only song you know?"

"Do I get points for trying?" Louis smiled, pressing a tender kiss against her ear.

Haley giggled. "For trying."

"Are you ever gonna let me finish it for you though?" He joked.

Haley smiled and fell quiet as she listened to him continue until it was over.

By that time, her stomach was a mess of nerves and butterflies when Louis pulled her closer, mumbling something.

"What?"

"The date on the beach, why'd you get so defensive against Harry?"

Haley sighed, and Louis knew he had ruined the moment with his curiosity.

"He was making a joke out of why I'm here."

Louis bit his lip.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Haley stiffened. "No."

"Don't you trust me?"

His breath felt hotter than ever against her skin as she digested the question, not failing to notice the faint hurt in his voice.

She might have trusted Louis with her well being –mostly- but she most certainly wasn't stupid enough, foolish enough, or ready enough to trust him with her heart.

Haley decided it best not to answer, but the silence she left between them spoke volumes.

After a few moments, Louis picked himself up from her bed, Haley turning to watch him go, and started dressing himself slowly and deliberately.

"What's it gonna take, Haley?" He frowned after his shirt went back over his head.

Haley shrugged, unsure of what to say. She didn't mean to be a bitch or rude, she just wasn't expecting a question like that.

Louis sighed, kneeling down at the side of her bed, cupping her cheek with his hand.

"Hay, I-"

"Be careful not to run into Megan, okay?"

The rest of Louis’ words caught in his throat and he nodded, pressing one final tender kiss to Haley's lips before muttering a small goodbye as the words left unspoken stung his chest.

Slowly but surely, the girl was driving him mad.

"See you tomorrow."

Louis thankfully didn't run into Megan, and safely crept back to the boys' house without being spotted.

Well, until Harry caught sight of him.

The taller boy's eyes narrowed and he folded his arms.

"Where were you? Off shagging some bird again? Who was it this time?"

"I reckon it's none of your business," Louis replied calmly. "You wouldn't be on my case if you didn't know it was Haley anyway."

"Who's that, mate?" Niall's Irish accent wafted from the hallway before Louis saw him rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Lou come back?"

Harry's gaze never left Louis'. "Yeah, he's arrived. How's she doing without the chubby one- Aurora."

Louis wanted to wipe that selfish grin right off his friend's face. But Liam and Zayn had wandered into the room as well. They didn't need another fight.

"Why can't you just let me be happy?" Louis snarled.

"Lou, the bird's a proper cunt."

"And Megan isn't?"

"You can do better."

"That's not for you to decide, Harry."

Harry shut up after that, but didn't look pleased at all.

"I need you on the same page as me, Haz."

"Why?" Harry glared. "Why should I?"

"Because I deserve to be happy too, you know that? And in order for me to get that, I'm going to need you to pull your curly head out of your arse and stand by my decisions. I'm going to need everyone to do that too."

Harry sighed, embittered.

"Don't forget, Haz. You owe me." Louis persisted.

"Fine. What do you want us to do?" Harry finally relented.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haley+Louis=5ever, guys! (Caitosaur., that totally made my day so thank you XD)

Micah's up next :3