Status: Active.

Last Girl Standing

Sadie Scott

A soaking wet Jenna stood in front of Sadie, tears streaming down her face. The blonde girl’s mascara was running, and Sadie quickly moved her hand to her eyes, wiping away the black stains.

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Jenna,” Sadie said, looking at the girl. “Kass shouldn’t have said those things about you and Liam. She doesn’t know anything. She’s just angry right now, so she’s lashing out. She had no right to say anything about you.”

“She hates me. She hates me so much.” Jenna cried. “I didn’t mean to anything to her. It’s not my fault Liam played games with her in the beginning and she takes it out on me. It’s not my fault that he picked me over her, but she blames me. Why is it always my fault?”

Jenna let out a deep sob, pressing her face into her hands.

“Shh, Jenna,” Sadie cooed, pushing back the girl’s wet hair. “Please, don’t cry.”

“Why would she say that, Sadie?” A muffled cry came from Jenna’s throat, causing her voice to crack. “Why does everyone think it’s so impossible for Liam to like me?”

“I don’t think that,” Sadie said, wiping away another of the girl’s tears. She meant it, too. Harry had told her all the things Liam said about Jenna. He thought that she was perfect for him – everything he had been looking for. Jenna made him happier than anyone had in a long time. It didn’t matter that no one else saw it, because they felt, and it was obvious every time they were together.

Sadie assumed the other girls were blinded by their hatred for Jenna, because every time Sadie saw them together, she knew they were perfect for one another.

“Everyone else thinks it. Kass and Abelia give me dirty looks every chance they get. They whisper to one another every time Liam and I are together. Li even told me that Abelia was trying to push him to Kass again. Why can’t they just let me be happy?”

Sighing, Sadie pulled Jenna into her chest, letting the soaked girl wipe her tears against her shirt. She was shaking and she needed to change, but Sadie didn’t want everyone else to see her like that. They couldn’t know how vulnerable Jenna was.

“You will be happy, Jenna,” Sadie whispered. “Forget about the other girls. Forget about every hurtful thing they’ve said. Liam loves you and those girls aren’t going to get in the way of that.”

Jenna pulled away from Sadie, pushing back a tear as she looked at the brunette girl. “I’m just afraid. I don’t want to end up getting hurt again.”

“I know,” Sadie said, looking back at her with a smile. “Liam won’t hurt you like that. He’s a good guy, Jenna, and he wouldn’t hurt somebody that he loves. He picked you for a reason. He sees something in you that no one else does, and that’s all that matters. Don’t worry about what everyone else says, because they’re not what makes you happy. Liam is. He’s not going to hurt you.”

Tugging at her bottom lip, Jenna looked from Sadie, to the ground, then back at her. A small smile fell to Jenna’s face, just barely noticeable beneath the tears, but it was there.

“Why are you all wet?”

Jenna and Sadie turned, finding Liam standing in front of them. He had his hands shoved in his pockets, as he walked casually over to the girls. It was clear he had no clue what happened.

Jenna chuckled, wiping away her tear before Liam could notice it. “I fell into the pool. It was all Sadie’s fault.”

Smiling, Liam looked over at Sadie with his eyebrow raised. “You throw my girl in the pool, Scott?”

“Me?” Sadie said, placing her hand over her chest. “I would never.”

Liam smirked. “I think you and I are going to have to have a talk while Jenna gets changed. I can’t have you hurting her again.”

Sade nodded, before turning away while Liam and Jenna had their moment. The blonde girl was bounding back into the house after a few seconds, and Sadie turned back to the boy.

“Am I in trouble?” Sadie asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

Liam chuckled, shaking his head. He shoved his hands in his pockets, as he moved towards one of the pool’s lounge chairs. Sitting on the plastic surface, he looked up at Sadie, motioning for her to sit down next to him. His teeth were tugging at his bottom lip, as he moved his gaze towards the ground.

“Is everything alright?” Sadie asked, taking the seat next to him.

He looked back at her, nodding his head with a smile. “Everything’s perfect.”

“Then why the talk?”

Liam sighed again, looking back to the ground. “I’m worried about Jenna.”

Sadie’s eyebrows furrowed, wondering if Liam knew more than she thought he did.

“What about?”

“I went into her room last night and she was crying. She wouldn’t tell me what was wrong, but I knew. Kass said something to her. I know she did. She’s trying to pull Jenna away from me –”

“That won’t happen,” Sadie said, interrupting him. “Jenna’s crazy about you, and she won’t let some jealous girl tear the two of you apart.”

Liam sighed, shaking his head. “I wish I could just leave this place. I wish I could just take Jenna and run, so we wouldn’t have to deal with any of the drama or play anymore of these stupid games.”

“Let’s do it then,” Sadie said, smiling at him. “Jenna, Harry, you, and I can all escape. We’ll pack our bags, go to the other side of the island, and let them have their grand prize.”

Laughing, Liam rested his elbows on his knees, leaning forward. “I’ll do it if you will.”

“Do what?” Harry said, as he moved behind Sadie and wrapped his arms around her neck.

Sadie turned, smiling up at the curly haired boy. His hair was wet at the top, from the shower he’d just taken, and she smiled as a drop landed on her forehead. He moved his head down, quickly kissing it away.

“We’re running away,” Sadie said with a smile. “The three of us plus Jenna. We’re going to go to the other side of the island and hide out until the competition is over.”

Harry chuckled. “I think that sounds like a great idea. We won’t have to waste anymore of our time waiting on Lou to finally pick a girl to take home.”

“My thoughts exactly,” Liam said, laughing. “I’ve already got the girl of my dreams. Now I feel like I’m just waiting around until I can have her all to myself.”

Sadie looked past Liam, seeing Jenna standing with a huge grin on her face. The poor girl needed to know how much Liam liked her. Despite being so beautiful, she was so insecure. Harry noticed Jenna too, but Liam didn’t. Tugging at Sadie’s hair, Harry began speaking.

“You’re really serious about her?”

Liam chuckled. “I’ve told you that a thousand times, Haz. Jenna’s it. When I’m with her, I’m the happiest I’ve ever been. I thought nothing could ever compare to the feeling I get when I’m up on stage, but being with Jenna is that times a thousand. Just looking at her makes me happy. If I could spend every night just holding her in my arms, I’d be the happiest guy in the world. I’m falling in love with her, mate, and I don’t ever want to stop.”

Sadie looked behind Liam again, taking note of the girl’s smile that had grown even wider. Sadie only wished that the other girls could see what she saw. Liam and Jenna were happy together, and they needed to realize that none of the awful things that they said or did were going to get in the way of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys(: Katie here!
I just can't get enough of Liam and Jenna. They are too cute together!!