Status: Active.

Last Girl Standing

October Hudson

She had no desire to do a challenge that morning. October woke up with her head spinning and her stomach rolling like she was on a major roller coster like they had in California. She wanted to wrap herself in her warm blankets and sleep for the rest of the week. She walked slowly with Jenna who had an arm wrapped gently around her waist. She was far too fizzy to walk by herself. Luckily, Jenna had been so kind as to assist her. “Hopefully the challenge doesn’t involve much movement on our part. I’d hate to see you pass out or anything.”

October couldn’t even find the energy to respond as they stood out on the front patio in the sun. The light was too bright for her sensitive blue eyes and she wanted nothing more than to hide back in the shade of the large trees. The rest of the girls were already standing around the boys, one of the girls getting cozy with Niall. He looked bored with her as she touched his arm and his shoulder.

As soon as Niall caught a glimpse of October, his eyes lit up and he smiled, shrugging away from the other girl who was feeling him up. He joined her side and touched her pallid cheek gently. “You alright?”

“I feel like I got hit by a truck and had my head smashed in with a freaking baseball bat,” October grimaced. She stepped in front of him and rested her forehead against his neck. “I don’t want to do this today. I don’t want to do anything to day but sleep and get better.”

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and held her gently, careful not to sway as he pulled her against his chest. “I heard Tanisha talking about the challenge and I’m thinking this one will be easy for us.”

“What is it?” she groaned.

“I’ll let Tanisha explain. Which it looks like she’s doing that right now.”

They both turned slowly and began to listen to Tanisha explain the challenge rules. “It’s a test of strength. Boys, you’ll be paired up and you’ll have to hold your girl for as long as possible. Winner gets a special date, but it’ll be a secret.”

“So since Niall one the last challenge, he’ll pair up the girls and guys.”

“Me and October, Zayn and Abelia, Haley and Louis, Sadie and Harry, and I’m thinking...Liam and Jenna.”

There was a grumble from a girl behind October. “Niall’s going to lose. He won’t be able to hold October’s fat ass.”

Niall half turned. “Excuse me, please don’t be so rude to my girlfriend. I can have you voted off on the next elimination, alright? I suggest if you want a chance at this game, then you’d better be nice to my girl.”

The girl rolled her eyes as Niall helped October onto the round red pedestals that Tanisha had told them were for them to stand on. The hostess counted down from ten as Niall gently swept October off her feet. Most of them held their girls like they would a bride crossing the threshold, but some held their girls in piggy-back form. Niall held October tightly against his chest as he sighed, feeling the warm sun on his back.

October closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around her neck, her forehead against the crook of his neck. “If I’m too heavy...”

“You’re fine, love.” Niall stood strong as the others wavered. “You’re not too heavy, October. We can win this.”

October sighed as she felt sweat collecting at the back of her neck. “My head is hurting worse.”

Niall cleared his throat and turned to look at Tanisha. “Is it alright if we stand in the shade? October is sick and I don’t want her to get worse.”

Tanisha nodded. “I guess that’s okay. But you have to stand with your back in the sun so you’re feeling the heat of everyone else. It’s only fair.”

Slowly and gently, Niall stepped down from his small podium and made his way to the small patch of shade by the large trees. October’s head was shaded as his right shoulder was enveloped in cool air. She sighed and closed her eyes again. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” he whispered as he kissed the top of her head. He glanced over his shoulder and saw Sadie and Harry struggling. They were the couple that had decided to do the challenge in piggy-back style, a decision that was not one of Harry’s brightest. Harry’s face was pale as he set his jaw in determination. His back must have been hurting because he hopped up and down, trying to secure Sadie to his back.

Niall smirked when Harry groaned in exasperation. “I honestly don’t think I can hold you up any longer. And I swear to God that I’m not trying to call you fat.”

Sadie sighed. “Then let me down so you don’t give yourself a hernia.”

With that said, Harry let her down slowly. Tanisha smiled. “One down, four to go. Who’s next?”

“It sure as hell won’t be me,” Louis said smugly as Haley sat in his arms. “I’ve got biceps of freaking steal.”

“Liar,” Niall murmured. “You don’t even lift.”

“Do you even lift?” Liam responded as Jenna placed a gentle kiss on his cheek.

Trying not to laugh in order to keep his composure, he bit his lip. He knew in his heart that he had more endurance than the other boys. The only one who might have been competition for Niall was Liam and he looked fairly disgruntled. Niall had been lifting recently, trying to build his stamina. He had overheard the production team talking about an endurance challenge and he would win. He would show October that he was strong enough to be hers. “I do, actually.”

“Is that what you do all the time, then?” Zayn snapped. His patience was wearing thin as he watched Louis struggle. “We’ve been at this for what? Maybe ten minutes? Can we just declare someone the winner already? I’m tired and I have to piss.”

Abelia blushed. “Oh my God, Zayn.”

“Hey, I’m sorry.”

“No you’re not,” Louis jested lightly. Haley rolled her eyes and jumped out of Louis’ arms. He frowned deeply and turned to her, a look of displeasure written across his face. “Are you kidding me, Haley? We could have won this challenge!”

She rolled her eyes and joined the other girls. “I’m fairly certain you would be the next to fail anyways. Plus, I could feel you shaking and I’m pretty sure that’s not a good sign.”

“I just want to win a challenge,” he mumbled in dissatisfaction as he joined Harry’s side.

October shut her eyes tightly, trying to block out the bright and overbearing lights. Her stomach churned and she felt her arms weakening around Niall’s neck. She knew how much winning another challenge meant to Niall and she couldn’t bear to see the look if unhappiness on his faith if they lost a challenge. They had fought to be together and they would fight to win the final prize, whatever it could be. But her muscles quivered as her stomach rolled even more. “I can’t hold on much longer, Niall.”

“If you let go, I’ve still got you. I’m not letting you go ever,” he whispered, pressing his lips against her warm forehead. We’ll win this and we’ll just relax, alright? We’ll get you some medicine and we’ll rest you up.”

As Niall finished his encouraging speech, Zayn let Abelia down. “I’m sorry, but my bladder feels like it’s going to explode any minute. Best of luck, Niall.”

Niall nodded with a smile as Liam began to sweat small beads of perspiration. His jaw was set tight as he tried to get a better hold on Jenna’s waist. He knew he had no chance against Niall as the Irish lad stood tall and strong, his biceps flexed perfectly. With a desperate shake of his head, Liam set Jenna down and kissed her apologetically on the lips. “Sorry, Jenna.”

Half turning, Niall sighed in happiness. He held October tighter and kissed her neck. “We did it, October. We won.”

She smiled weakly and yawned, settling closer against his chest. “Good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's Micah again!! I hope you all enjoy some Noctober :D