Status: Active.

Last Girl Standing

Abelia Rockwell

Abelia didn’t even say a word as she stood beside Zayn, their fingers knotted together as they watched Kass start packing her bags. The small girl let out a small sigh, struggling to hold back her tears as she looked at her friend. “Kass.” She finally choked out. Kassandra turned around and Abelia wrapped her arms around, her losing control of her tears. “Kass I’m so sorry.”

“It’s alright Abelia.” Kassandra promised, squeezing the small girl right back as she fought to keep a hold of her own tears. “I’m a fighter, I’ll get through this, you’ll see.”

“It’s just not fair.” Abelia whimpered. “You should be with Liam, not Jenna.”

“Hey, no Payne no gain right?” Kassandra joked weakly. She felt another pair of arms around her as Zayn hugged both the girls, burying his face in Abelia’s hair.

“If you ever need anything Kassandra.” He said. “Just let me know alright?”

“Thanks Zayn.” As Abelia and Zayn pulled back she just couldn’t keep tears from rolling down her cheeks. “It’s just, it’s not right.” She whimpered, looking at Kassandra. “You kept me from leaving, you gave me hope when no one else did. You’re like a sister to me Kass.”

“And if that’s all I take away from here, I’m fine with that.” Kassandra said with a smile. “Now this is the last night before the elimination and before you two go try and win whatever that big prize is, so go celebrate, don’t mope around with me.”

“But-” Abelia started, but Kassandra shook her head.

“Go have fun Abelia, don’t worry about me.” The small girl finally nodded, giving Kassandra another tight hug before Zayn gently pulled her away. As the pair walked out the door Abelia turned back, not knowing what she was going to do without her friend. She just curled into Zayn as they walked out of the now empty house, heading towards the beach.

They kept walking until they made it to the cabins, which had become their secret hideaway. Abelia had just gotten a old on her tears as Zayn led her inside, nuzzling his face into her head. “It’s going to be alright Lia.” He promised.

“Maybe for us, but not for Kass.” She whispered. “Jesus Zayn it’s just not fair. She deserves someone-”

“And she’ll find someone, I promise.” He promised, pulling away and cradling her face in his hands. “That person just isn’t here.” She sighed as Zayn pulled her into his chest. “Now, there’s nothing we can do for Kass, so how about we just try to cheer up?”

“Okay.” She whimpered. She looked up, seeing the concern for her in his warm honey eyes. “What did you have in mind?” He smiled softly, grabbing something off the table behind him, holding up a new copy of The Kreutzer Sonata. She smiled as he grinned at her, giving her forehead a small kiss.

“Well since I sang to you, I want you to read to me.” He said.

“Can you not read?” She teased. He pretended to be hurt, which caused her to laugh before he finally gave in and chuckled right along. He slipped his arm around her waist as they made their way into the bedroom. Zayn wrapped his arms around Abelia’s stomach before flopping down onto his back, making both of them laugh. She then moved over to sit up against the pillows, Zayn’s head resting in her lap and making her blush.

“The Kreutzer Sonata.” She read as if Zayn were a child she was putting to bed. “By Leo Tolstoy, chapter one.”

As the sun set in the sky and the moon rose, accompanied by brilliant stars, Abelia read to Zayn. As the natural light had gone down Zayn had found candles and lit them, setting them all over the dressers and giving the room a romantic, pinkish orange glow. As the tragic love story went on and on, it was breaking Zayn’s heart, thinking that this was how she had thought men were until about a month ago. It hurt him deeply thinking that she hadn’t believed in love, but he warmed right back up when he realized that he had been the one to change her mind. He looked up as she ran her soft fingers through his hair, relaxing him so much he could have fallen asleep. But he wanted to spend every possible moment with Abelia that he could, so sleep was not an option, no matter how comfortable her lap was. He just kept his gaze on her perfect skin, drawing small shapes on her knee as her voice filled the bedroom.

“One evening after we’d been out boating and were going home together in the moonlight, I sat beside her and admired her curls and shapely figure, hugged by the tight silk of the stockinet dress she was wearing. I suddenly decided that she was the one. That evening it seemed to me that she understood everything, all I was thinking and feeling, and that all my thoughts and feelings were of the most exalted kind. All it really was that silk stockinet dress happened to suit her particularly well, as did curls, and that after a day spent close to her I wanted to get even closer.” He voice gave the book a soft tone, even the dirtier bits where the bloke had been talking about losing his virginity to a prostitute.

Zayn smiled at that, moving his hand up from her knee to her thigh. Her eyes flew open as she looked down to see him grinning mischievously. He leaned over, kissing the skin that was exposed in her sundress as his hand slid up higher. “I can understand wanting to get closer to someone.” He whispered. Her shivered at the feeling of his breath against her skin. His eyes moved up to meet hers, tearing away from her porcelain complexion.

“Zayn.” She whispered.

“Look, he said, sitting up. “If you still don’t want to do anything-” She cut him off by crashing her lips to his with so much passion that it caught him way off guard. She pulled back, her dark brown eyes meeting his as they both smiled. She tossed the book to the floor as Zayn pulled her into his arms, slowing lying over her, never letting their lips part. He slowly undressed her as she returned the favor, both of them nervous. Zayn really didn’t want to mess this up, and Abelia didn’t want to embarrass herself at her lack of knowledge when Zayn had probably been with dozens of girls.

But as they finally pulled down their last pieces of clothing, simply looking at each other in the warm glow of the candlelight, Abelia smiled. “Zayn.” She whispered.

“Yes?” She leaned up, slowly pressing her lips to his as he gently took a hold of her hips.

“I think I’m falling in love with you.” She admitted, her eyes locking with his. He blinked several times before a smile took up his face.

“Perfect, because I’ve been falling in love with you since the first moment we met.” He then leanded down, pressing his lips gently to hers as he brought them together. She gripped his back tightly, and as they became one living, breathing thing, she couldn’t stop smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, more Zabelia
but poor Kass :'(
The lovely and PERFECT Paige is up next
So you know it's going to be magical