Status: Active.

Last Girl Standing

Kassandra DeLuca

As Kass put the last of her shirts into her bag, she looked around the room. Everything that belonged to her was packed and ready to go, all that remained in the closet and on the dressers belong to her equally petite roommate. The hardest part of leaving, Kass figured was saying goodbye to Abelia. The girl was pretty much her best friend and it was sad that they wouldn’t be able to have their little girl talk sessions anymore the way they had. Still, Kass left a note with her number on it for Abelia and the black dress she had borrowed the girl. It had looked better on her anyway.

Moving the heavy bags outside the room’s door, she knew the producers would put them in the car when she was sent home. It would be easier for them if she put them out there for them to grab and once they were all lined up, she made her way downstairs. She wanted to say her good-byes early so she could just leave after the elimination. She still couldn’t believe that had kept her around for so long when they knew that Liam had already chosen Jenna.

Taking a deep breath as she hit the bottom step, she straightened her loose Kiss tank and walked into the living room where the girls were chatting. Jenna and Sadie had pick a spot on the far side of the room with October grabbing the chair near them, while Haley sat over by the window and Abelia was perched in a large arm chair, the book she’d brought home with her earlier that morning propped open in her hands.

A smile touched her lips as she walked over to the girl. Placing a hand on the back of the chair she leaned over the girl’s shoulder to catch a glimpse of the page causing Abelia to jump.

“Hey,” Kass said, “I left you something on your bed.”

“What?” Abelia asked, confusion creasing her brow.

“It’s a surprise,” Kass replied, as she moved to drop her arms around the petite girl. “But I’m saying my good-byes now so I don’t have to later.” Loosening her arms she leaned back from the girl. “I’m really gonna miss you Abelia.”

“I wish you didn’t have to leave,” the girl murmured.

“That makes two of us,” Kass said, “but you better try your damnedest to win this shindig.”

Abelia laughed a little as Kass bumped the chair with her hip and moved to give Haley a hug.

“I know we aren’t very close, but you’ve always been nice to me,” Kass said as the girl stiffened in her arms. “You’re feisty and it’s kept this place interesting.” Smiling Kass let the girl go. “I think you tossing water on Meagan will be my favorite memory of this experience.”

Haley laughed a bit before responding, “It’s one of mine, too.”

“Good-luck, Haley,” Kass told her with a smile.

“Thanks.”

Biting her lip, she looked over to the other three that were watching her somewhat carefully. Not glaring but still not friendly, the girls seemed to be waiting for Kass to make the first move and it’s exactly what she did. Taking the few steps over to the group, she bit her bottom lip before giving a smile.

“Hi,” she said only to be met with silence. “October… Sadie…” she continued slowly, “It was nice to meet you both and good luck in the next round of the games. Um… I’m sorry I didn’t get to know either of you that well.”

“It’s alright,” October replied. “And thanks for the luck.”

“Yeah,” Sadie stated her voice a little unsure. “Thanks.”

Kass nodded before turning to Jenna. Her heart was beating fast and she was scared. This was the one girl that had everything she wanted, but could never have. Taking a deep breath, Kass licked her lips.

“Jenna,” she began. “If it’s alright I’d like a minute with you.”

“Um, sure.” The blond slowly stood and the two made their way into the spacious kitchen.

“I’d like to apologize,” Kass said as they grabbed seats at the island. “The other day, out at the pool, you interrupted me and I think you got the wrong impression. I wasn’t saying that I didn’t understand why Liam would pick you, ‘cause I do. You’re beautiful and probably smart and most likely everything I’m not. What I was saying was that I don’t know what you have that I don’t.” Looking down at the granite counter top, Kass stopped for a moment. “I honestly didn’t push you into the pool, I’m clumsy and tripped.”

“It’s alright,” Jenna replied. “I’m sorry I took what you said out of context.”

“Look, I never meant to make you doubt your relationship with Liam. Never. If I did then I apologize,” Kass said looking at the blond with a frown. “I am rooting for you two. Just so you know, I really do hope you guys make it in the long run.”

“Why?” Jenna asked not understanding why this girl who was leaving that night would say that.

“Because everyone deserves to be happy,” she replied, “And you two look happy.”

“What about you?”

Kass let out an airy laugh, “It’s not my turn yet, but I’ll find my happy. I’m chasing the whirlwind.”

“I hope you find it soon,” Jenna said before her arms wrapped around the redhead. “Because you deserve to be happy, too.”

“I’m sorry we didn’t get to be friends,” Kass said as she let her arms fall around the blond.

“Me too.”

The girls shared a smile as they walked back into the living room just in time to have Tanisha tell them it was time to head to the elimination room. Kass sighed, but could feel a weight lift off her shoulders. She was going home and it was the nicest feeling in the world. She couldn’t wait to curl up in her own bed and see her old friends again and she knew that when the show ended Abelia would use her number and she’d still get to talk to the girl she now thought of as a sister. It was like this moment was exactly what was supposed to happen from the start.

The girls entered the elimination room and all stood before the row of five boys. Tanisha smiled at a camera as it zoomed in on her and she began to explain that the boys would be choosing who they wanted for their partner for the final leg of the competition. It went as expected as Niall chose October, Zayn picked Abelia, Harry grabbed Sadie and sealed it with a kiss, Louis pulled Haley over to him, and finally Liam walked over to Jenna taking her hands in his.

“Jenna I’d be honored to have you as my partner,” Liam said and the deal was sealed. “If you’ll have me?”

As her head nodded Jenna seemed to have a few tears in her eyes, just pure happiness rolling off her. The two took their place with the other couples and Kass was the last girl standing. Tanisha walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry, Kass,” Tanisha said, “You’ve been eliminated and I’ll have send you out to the car.”

Kass smiled, no tears touching her grey eyes as she looked at the curvaceous beautiful woman. “Thank you for letting me be a part of this,” she said her eyes moving from Tanisha to the boys and to the producers that sat just out of shot. “It’s been a crazy experience.”

Tanisha smiled as Kass made her way out of the room with a little way. Just as she reached the midway point of the hallway, the door burst open and Liam hurried out.

“Kass!” He shouted causing her to stop and turn to face him. His pace slowed until he wrapped his arms around the girl. “Good luck out there, I hope you can find someone like I’ve found Jenna.”

“You don’t need to worry about me, Liam,” she said as she gave him a light hug and back away. “I am not afraid to walk this world alone.”

With that she walked out leaving Liam to go back to his gorgeous blond as she climbed into the waiting car. The ride was quiet as she headed towards the airport and she knew what she would be doing the second she got home. Her friend Tommy owed her a favor and if she knew him the way she thought, she’d find him at his tattoo shop, which is exactly where she wanted to go. Her flight boarded an hour after she arrived and as the plane took off from the Island she knew she’d always remember her time there. The sad moment, the happy moments, the friends she made, the ones she didn’t. And she’d always remember the boy with the shaved head that found his whirlwind, and let her go for his beautiful blond Princess that was perfect for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! Kass has finally gone home. Want to know what she did when she got there? She got this.

Thanks for supporting her!

LOVE YOU ALL!! You've been great.

Tata for now!

Paige. <3