Status: Active.

Last Girl Standing

Abelia Rockwell

Abelia stood shaking at the foot of her bed, even with Zayn’s arms wrapped so tightly around her. She hadn’t stopped crying since they’d found out they were going home, and Abelia had finally run out of tears. She buried her face in Zayn’s shirt as he rested his chin on the top of her head, not wanting her to see that he was crying too.

Zayn had never been one for tears, having to keep up his bad boy demeanor twenty-four seven, but he didn’t care anymore. Abelia, beautiful, prefect Abelia, had to go home to Las Vegas and away from him. They couldn’t longue about in his bed all day anymore, they had lives to return to. And although Zayn wanted her to move to London so he could see her all the time, he couldn’t tear her away from what family she had left. She just gripped him, never wanting to leave his arms.

“So this is really it.” She whispered. “This is goodbye.”

“Abelia, tons of people have long distance relationships. It’ll be hard, but I know we can do it.” She pulled back, her eyes meeting his.

“I just want to hold you when I’m sad, wake up to your face every morning. We can’t do that when you’re in London and I’m in Las Vegas.”

“Then move to London with me.” He pleaded. “You can bring your mum too, but I can’t live without you.” She turned scarlet as he looked at her, his cheeks flushing. “I love you.”

“Zayn.” She murmured. “I… I love you too.” They both smiled as they looked at each other and she leapt into his arms letting him spin her. “I love you Zayn Malik!”

“I love you too Abelia Rockwell!” He promised, both of them feeling giddy at the fact they had both finally said that word to the other. Finally Zayn set her down before gently pressing his lips to hers. “Lia please, come to London. You can work on your book and meet my parents and I can kiss you any time I want.” She giggled as he pulled her close, showering her with small kisses and making her blush. “You can live in Las Vegas when I’m on tour, but for now please just be with me.”

She pulled back, looking into those perfect honey eyes of his with a smile.

“Okay.”

~~~


Abelia slowly let her eyes slip open with a small yawn. But when she saw the empty pillow beside her she shot up, not giving much thought to her nudity as she realized Zayn wasn’t beside her.

The two had celebrated their first night back together with nothing but each other and the sheets, snuggling into the early hours of the morning, neither one wanting to fall asleep. Abelia blushed at the memory of the loving look in Zayn’s eyes as he’d held her close, whispering those three perfect words to her over and over again. Throwing on one of his shirts and her panties she made her way out of the bedroom, taking in the rest of Zayn’s flat.

It was a lot cleaner than she’d expected, with the exception of the random articles of clothing lying about. Abelia blushed, seeing her sweater on the ground as she made her way towards the sound of humming. Sticking her head around the corner she saw Zayn standing in the kitchen in nothing more than his boxers, frying something in a pan.

Beautiful girls all over the world
I could be chasin’ but my time would be wasted.
Cuz they got nothing on you baby
Nothing on you baby.


Abelia cleared her throat and he looked at her grinning. “Oh come on now love, I thought you wouldn’t be able to walk for at least a few more hours.” She flushed, giggling as she gave him a small shove.

“Looks like you’re losing your touch.” She teased. He beamed at her, pulling her under one arm as he flipped the food, which she now saw was pancakes, over.

“I hope you like them dark.” He said, wincing at the practically charred food in the pan. “I’m not much of a cook.”

“Well it’s the thought that counts, right?” She said, setting her hand on his stomach and looking up at him.

“Right!” He agreed, setting the black disk that had once been edible into the rubbish bin. “Now this time you shouldn’t distract me.” He said, pouring the batter for an attempted round two.

“I wasn’t even down here when you burnt the first one.” She teased, running her hand up his chest until she reached his neck. She then pulled his head down until his lips met hers, feeling his mouth pull into that wicked grin she loved.

“Well aren’t we the brave one today?” She shrugged, pulling away.

“I can’t let you make all the advances now can I?” She giggled.

“Trying to steal my masculinity?” With that Zayn turned to her, pulling her into his arms as she turned to leave and tickling her. She squealed in delight, finally wiggling out of his arms and taking off down the hallway, both of them laughing as Zayn tore down the hall after her.

As she reached the room she hid behind the door, biting back a smile as Zayn came inside. “Abelia, come out love.” He cooed, grinning from ear to ear. She then jumped up, leaping on his back and wrapping her legs around his stomach. They both laughed as he dropped her onto the mattress, crawling over her with a loving look in his eyes. He cradled her face in his hand, just looking at her for a moment and not believing she was really his. He didn’t care if he won the grand prize, and he didn’t care if he nearly came in last. He had Abelia, and that was the only prize he would ever need.

“Zayn.” She giggled, snapping him from his thoughts.

“Yeah?”

“Your pancakes are probably burning.” He smiled, simply grapping her hips and pulling her closer to him.

“I’ve got a whole lifetime to figure out how to cook those things.” He said simply, cradling her face. “But I’ll never have enough time with you.” She turned bright red before a massive, beaming smile took up her face. “I love you.” He murmured.

“I love you too.” She promised. And with that she wrapped her arms around his neck and the two spent the first day of the rest of their lives in each other’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to say thank you to all our amazing readers and commenters
Seriously, I love you guys to bits.
And to all my beautiful, amazing co authors
I love you so much I actually cannot put it into words
Thank you so much for letting me be apart of this
Goodbye!

oxoxoxoxo
Ashlee