Sequel: Vows

Love Is for the Sane

Sleepover.

It hurt, but in a good way. Like when you've become so thirsty it hurts to breathe. And then you finally get a drink, and for a split second, you think your throat is about to crack open.

That's what it was like to be hugged by him again. He had engulfed me like a giant wave in the ocean. But it was warm. It was home.

I inhaled his musky scent of cigarettes and cologne and gripped tighter. I wanted to immerse myself with him, and never let go, always be in love with him.

"I hope you realize that we aren't leaving this position for a while," he murmured into my hair, and his breath warmed me.

"I was afraid you know."

He rocked slowly back and forth, "Hmm?" This was his cue for me to elaborate.

"I thought you wouldn't come back…I thought that maybe you would fall out of love with me."

Gerard slowly pulled away, still grasping my shoulders, "Don't you ever fucking say that. At that moment, I thought you would hate me forever, and it was all I was worried about. Not for one moment while I was with Jessica did I think I was falling out of love with you."

I smiled softly, "I'm happy to hear that..."

Gerard smiled back before shivering slightly, "Shit, it is cold! How about we go inside?"

I nodded and quickly made my way into the room again.

Gerard jumped into the bed and beckoned me to join him. Smiling softly, I sat on the edge, still shivering.

"Stupid, get in the bed! Don't freeze your ass off!"

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me next to him. Snuggling up closer, he started to hum.

"Hey you…what are you humming there."

"Nuhhhhhthin'."

"Come on! Tell me, tell me!" I got up and started jumping on him.

"Okay, get off! Geeze…"

"Well?"

"It was a little kid song, that's all."

"Sing it. I wanna hear it."

"No, its stupid…you'll make fun of me."

"No I won't! Sing it! Please?" I batted my lashes, trying to entice him into singing.

"Nope. I'm getting tired anyways…"

I frowned, "Do you want me to sit on you again? I might accidentally knee you in the balls this time."

Gerard look terrified, "Leave my balls alone! Gosh…if you wanted me to sing so bad…"

He pursed his lips before opening them to let loose the song.

"Skinnamarink e-dink e-dink
Skinnamarink e-doo
I love you.
Skinnamarink e-dink e-dink
Skinnamarink e-doo
I love you.
I love you in the morning
And in the afternoon
I love you in the evening
And underneath the moon.
Oh, Skinnamarink e-dink e-dink
Skinnamarink e-doo
I love you!"

I giggled and clapped my hands, "Encore, encore!"

He smiled warmly and snuggled closer to me, "I love you in the morning…and in the afternoon. I love you in the evening and underneath the moon!"

Gerard howled and grinned.

"You know it feels like a really fucking long time since you last sang a song for me."

"It's been a long time for me too, sugar."

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. I could feel warm breath blow over my face and I leaned up to kiss him.

But before there was any contact, a curt knock to the door broke us apart. Gerard groaned before getting up.

"Whoever the fucker is, I'm gonna beat the shit out of him for interrupting us."

He angrily swung the door open to show a tired Mikey, a slightly disgruntled Bob and a frizzier-than-usual Ray. All of them looked as if they were to fall asleep at any given moment.

Beaming, I jumped up and yelled, "Slumber party!"

Mikey looked up, shocked, "Hey, what's Frank doing in your room? Is that what all the fuckin' noise was? You guys need to stop with all the damn arguing."

I skipped over and jumped on Gerard's shoulders, "Nuh-uh! We weren't arguing."

Ray looked up in surprise, "Wait…does this mean you guys made up!"

Gerard chuckled slightly before answering, "We almost made out too, before some people decided to interrupt." He quickly sent sharp glares to the men standing out of the room.

Mikey looked both guilty and grossed out, "Again with you guys giving me unwanted images!"

Bob rubbed his eyes and yawned, "So, are you going to have us stand here, or let us come in? You all were so loud we heard you upstairs, so we decided to investigate. But now I don't feel like having to drag all my shit back up."

I pumped my fist, "Yes! Let's have a slumber party! Does anyone have any movies?"

Mikey raised his hand, "Oh! Oh! Pick me!"

I nodded my head to him.

"I have a bunch of horror movies with me!"

"And exactly why do carry these around with you?"

Mikey turned defensive, "You never know when a good horror movie is needed, okay?!"

Soon we were all situated in our respective sleeping spaces. Gerard and I got the bed, and Bob got the couch while Mikey and Ray had brought down pillows and blankets to sleep on the floor.

"Okay, Mikey, what are we watching tonight?"

"Texas Chainsaw Massacre!"

My eyes widened, "No way! Mikey, I love you! That's one of my favorites!"

Mikey just grinned before running over to turn off the lights.

As the opening credits came on, Gerard leaned over.

"I think we got out band back."

I smiled, "No…we got our family back."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a couple things to say. First, I think it is perfectly fine for you all to butcher me for taking such a ridiculously long time to just write this shitty, nonsensical chapter. If the next chapter is worse than this, or takes too long, I'll give you all permission to hunt me down and do whatever you want. Second, the reason that 'Skinnamarink' is in here is because I love that song. And it has to do with loving someone, so I felt I should put it in. It was stuck in my head, sorry.

Now for selfish self-advertisment! If you can handle amazingly dark material, read the Morgue. It is indeed Frerard.

Okay, yeah, you're probably thinking 'What the hell? She didn't update the story in how many months, yet she's made a new story?' It's a one-shot. And that is my only excuse.