Sequel: Loonar

Hand Me Downs.

Arthur.

He met my eyes again and I waved, a gentle smile as he started up towards the boy dormitories.

“You're so obvious.” Aaron commented, grinning. I rolled my eyes at him, not even trying any longer to disprove their teasing.
They were right, I knew it, they knew it.

“I think Ryan needs to go to bed,” Leanne commented, yawning and stretching, her almost irritatingly flat stomach showing slightly. I made another quick promise to myself to stop over-eating and to join in her star jumps.

I turned slightly to look at him, snorting at his slumped form, a slight snore echoing. I giggled again when I saw why Dale had been so quiet, entertaining himself by running a biro ( still against quills) over Ryans' face.

“I don't blame him, I'm knackered.” Katie said, as always she was the final one to stop work, and rolled up her parchment, “Angelina's been running us ragged, and the try-outs today were ridiculous.”

“Yeah, but now you get to spend so much more time with this darling,” Dale interjected, finishing off a very 'french' moustache. He had a tone in his voice I picked up on, pursing my lips slightly as I watched Katie's reaction.

She shook her head, although she smiled lightly, her dimple growing redder as she blushed slightly.

How the hell had I not picked up on this crush?
And, how instead had Dale?

“I'm going to head up in a minute,” She said, turning to me and Leanne, “You guys coming?” Leanne nodded, but I told her I would be up in a few minutes, waiting until they left to stand quickly and jump on the same sofa at Dale and Ryan, Ryan waking with a start, mumbling.

“Since when did they like each other?!” I asked, hitting Dale's arm, “And also how the fuck did you notice and not me? That's my thing!”

“Well you're not doing well this year,” He teased, watching Ryan doze off again, “All this George business, them two,” He nodded towards Ryan and I stuck my tongue out, aiming a slap at his arm.

“I've lost my gift,” He nodded again patronisingly, “Am I doomed to be ignorant forever now?” He patted my head, pushing me further down into the thick cushions. “No.” I whined, smacking him away and apologising instantly at the loud noise the impact made.

“Domestic abuse.” He scoffed, rubbing his slightly reddening arm. I rubbed the red section quickly, apologising through my giggles. “I don't like you anymore.”

“Did you ever?” He shook his head and I pulled a sad facing, dragging the side of my lips down as much as possible, causing him eventually to roll his eyes and fling an arm round me. “Come on, you know I'm your favourite.” I titled my head slightly,

“And that's what gets us in trouble,” I teased with a bitter tone, rubbing his perfectly gelled hair, “I'm going to bed, you guys should probably wake sleeping beauty up.”

“Cormac is going to be a nightmare,” Aaron chipped in, standing, “He tried out for Quidditch, lost out to Ryan actually.” I sniggered,

“Have fun with that boys,” I winked, apologising as I bumped into someone, someone that happened to be Sarah, who now hasn’t uttered a word to us in nearly eight weeks. “Sorry,” I said again and she met my eyes before forcing hers firmly on the floor, but not before I could notice they were red.

“Sarah as you okay?” She started at the stairs and I debated what to do, either way I had to follow her, but since we had blown up over Harry and her not believing, she had pretty much cut all of us out.

Making us realise how little we meant to her, and sadly, in a way that made my stomach churn with guilt...how little we missed her. But she was upset, visibly, and I wanted to make sure she was okay.

I took a breath, following her up the stairs and into our room, Katie's curtains were closed, and Leannes’ almost, the candle next to her bed lit as she no doubt flicked through another fashion magazine.

“Sarah,” I said softly, “What's wrong?” She turned and looked at me, wiping a pale hand underneath her eyes,

“Nothing. I'm fine.” Her voice tried to be firm but there was an undeniable quaver. I opened her mouth again but she shook her head, going to the wardrobe designated for her and changing.
After a couple of minutes I gave up, if she didnt want me, I wouldn't bother.

“If you do want to talk, I'm always here.” I offered, changing myself and clambering into my own bed, pulling shut the curtains and relishing the instant darkness, using nox to put out my lantern, enjoying the coolness of my pillow.

_________________________

The next morning I felt sick, I had woken early, feeling...weird. There were two days left of lessons, and I was waiting with almost bated breath for them to be over. “So, if you spend Christmas at the Weasleys, you can spend the last week with me and we can all try and meet up for New Years?” Katie suggested, earning a grin and nod from the rest of us.

Apart from Aaron, “We're going to America to visit my sister and her family,” Aaron groaned, “So count me out of the plan, feel free to ring though... not you Leanne.” He said quickly, reminding us all of the last attempt Leanne had tried to use a muggle telephone in second year when she had spent a weekend at mine.

I had no idea what happened but my dad had ended up with a very very expensive phone bill.

It was in the Great Hall that I realised something was wrong. “Where are the twins?” I murmered, glancing up and down the Gryffindor table, “No Fred, no George, Harry, Ron, Ginny...” I swallowed deeply with a sudden realisation, my head shooting to the main table, Dumbledore nodding at me.

Something's happened.

“Miss Pelanci, will you gather Miss Granger and come with me please.” I hadn't noticed McGonagall appearing and she made me jump, but I nodded quickly, watching as she walked away.

“What’s wrong?” Ryan said with a frown, looking at my face, “Something had happened with the Weasleys.” I said lowly, moving further up the hall to a confused looking Hermione and bringing me with her, both of us silent until we reached McGonagalls office, closing the door behind us.

“Arthur Weasley has been viciously attacked,” I gasped, “He is alive, but badly injured and is in St.Mungos.”

“What happened?” Hermione asked, her face paling.

“We are not completely sure, Mr Potter had some sort of vision last night, thankfully alerting us to the attack, the Weasley's are currently at Grimmuald place, and I believe shall remain there over the holidays... Neither of you are on the list to stay over the holidays, so I imagine you have others plans?”

“I'm skiing with my parents,” Hermione spoke quietly and I knew in that instant there was no way she was going to France this Christmas.

“I'm supposed to be staying with the Weasleys' and then with Katie..”

“Bell?” I nodded, “Perhaps it is best you arrange to spend the whole holidays with Miss Bell...I...”

“I need to see if Arthur's okay, we both need to, you know how much we care about him and...”

“You cannot leave the school until term has finished,” Her voice became clipped, “No doubt professor Umbridge will be alerting the authorities of last night, and we cannot have students vanishing before term is over.”

She paused, the crinkles around her wise eyes deepening, “I am aware of how close you both are to the Weasley family, and I understand your want to be there, but Arthur is currently in St.Mungos and will be receiving the best care, you must return to your lessons and you can leave, with all the other students, after classes tomorrow.” She nodded, a smile forming on her thin lips that was comforting, “You may as well stay here Miss Pelanci, Transfiguration will begin shortly.”

_______________________________

“It’s not something that can get spread around,” I said lowly, Ryan nodding at me, his thick brows almost meeting in the middle due to his concern.

“You think it was something to do with the...” he lowered his voice further, glancing around the great hall, most people distracted by food and talking with their friends, Katie and Dale however were also listening in, “Order?” I nodded.

“I think so.” I sighed, through everything and over the last few weeks... I had been much more open with the three of them, after all, they were members of the DA... I trusted them, so I had told them about spending the summer at the Order's headquarters. I regretted it instantly after to a degree, but pushed though thoughts to the back of my mind.

They were my friends, and it felt so good to have more people to share it all with.

“I’m going to go tomorrow evening, I’ll come with you guys to the station, but Tonk’s is going to pick me up and we’re going to Floo to London and walk.” They nodded, “We’ll still try and do something the last week though yeah? Hopefully we’ll be back at the Burrow pretty soon so...”

“Sounds good, you guys can have your presents near New Year then,” Dale said, grinning as he finally began to eat.

“That because you haven’t brought them yet?” I bit, smirking at him.

“Just because you’ve become super organised this year.”

“Maybe I’m maturing.”

“I sincerely doubt that.” I rolled my eyes.

I had been getting presents for a while, ordering them through various magazines, both muggle and magical. I got Leanne a subscription to one of her magazines, Dale a signed rugby ball by one of the England players he liked (I got a bit carried away with this).

Ryan got a limited edition bottle of firewhisky from America and a shit load of sweets (likewise with Aaron but wine rather than firewhisky).

Katie was harder, until the last trip to Hogsmeade where she had cooed over these knitted cat mittens, so I had gotten her them and a broom-cleaning kit.

One lot down.

I got Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny smaller bits; sweets, a book for Hermione, a little charm bracelet for Ginny, and more sweets for Ron and Harry.
I’d ordered Molly some knitting patterns, and a small bottle of sherry on suggestion from Ginny. And a cassette player for Mr Weasley, although with his attack I felt he deserved a ‘ get well soon’ gift as well.

See, having a mostly uncaring but rich father did benefit me at some times of the year.

“Do you think my Dad expects me to get Tammy anything?” I blurted as the thought came to me.

“Get her a cursed scarf,” Ryan suggested, a mouthful of chicken, I smirked at him slightly.

“And reveal the wizarding world to her? Can you imagine?”

“All the body altering she could do with magic, rather than filling herself with plastic!” Katie chipped her, the slight harshness of her tone just reminding me why I loved her so much. “We better get to Alchemy anyway,” She sighed, wiping her mouth and standing, “I really hope she doesn’t set us work over the holidays!”

We all groaned in agreement.

_____________________________

The house was alerted to my arrival by the loud crash Tonks caused the minute we walked in the door. I winced as the umbrella fell, the portrait of Sirius’s mother upstairs beginning to spout her racist nonsense.

I had not missed this house.

I had however missed the woman who even now, was bumbling around in the kitchen. She turned as we entered and before I knew it I was wrapped in her arms, her short stature causing her hair to tickly my nose.

“I’m so glad Arthur’s alright,” I said, hoping my sentiment was evident in my voice, she nodded, pulling away and wiping gently under her eyes. I very much doubted she had cried in front of any of her children.

“Well he’s healing, but he’s far from alright,” Her voice sounded strained, but it still had that hint of strength.

“The healers will sort him out,” She nodded, turning back over the oven.

“Everyone is in the same room as before, I think we’ll be staying here all Christmas to be closer to Arthur...”
Understandable.

“So if you want to take your bags upstairs...George said you may be going to Katie’s, so we’ll have to sort that out with Alistair and Kingsley, to assure safe travel.” I nodded, turning and grabbing my heavy bag, telling an absent looking Tonks that it was no bother and I could handle it.

The room was empty, Hermione had to go home first to let her parents know about skiing, and Ginny must be elsewhere, although I was surprised no-one had appeared with all the racket Tonks’ had made.

I yawned, it was dark outside and freezing, the house, as usual not much better even with the dying fire in the corner. I took my coat off, shrugging in my jumper slightly as the chill hit and I began to unpack bits around my bed, keeping the majority of the clothes in my abrasively yellow case.

There was a creak and the door opened silently, I waited for the person to speak but they didn’t and so I stood up, turning and offering George a small smile.

“Hi,” I said quietly, not sure what words were sufficient; he didn’t say anything, his gaze not even on me, firmly on the ground. I frowned instantly, had I done something else now? No, that was selfish, his Dad had been viciously attacked two days ago, of course he was in shock, I took a couple of steps towards him, my hairbrush still in my hands.

“Your Mum said that your Dad should be fine,” I offered, stopping as he lifted up his head.

“My Dad was attacked by a giant snake that Harry claims he was in his vision.” My mouth moved silently.

Harry was possessed?

I was a few metres from him now, sighing as I realised what the only way to deal with this revelation in his company was, “He is always trying to outdo himself isn’t he...next he’ll be spouting fangs himself.”

Humour.

George snorted, taking a couple of steps towards me for what I assumed would be a hug.
Instead one hand landed on my lower back, pushing me forward, the other on my right cheek.

And his lips, once again, hard against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, my laptop broke and I was without it ( and so this chapter) so far too long!

Thankyou for reading, any comments would be great :)

Much love x