Sequel: Loonar

Hand Me Downs.

Happy New Year.

I was slammed into a hug, “Oww Ryan, seriously get off of me.” He released me eventually, smirking in a way that made me want to slap him, “So...Mr Weasley then?” He nudged me winking like some caricature, laughing as I rolled my eyes brushing past him and into Katie’s kitchen.

Her parents had just left, not back for five days until the second of January, and then we were back to Hogwarts on the third.

Ryan was the first here of our group, and he was already annoying me.

“Don’t go on, I’ve only spoken to you and Katie a bit about it...unless... have you been talking shit Ryan?” He kept his eyes off of my face, “Oh God, what and who?”

“I was writing to Dale...”

The two were going to be insufferable.

“Seriously, you two are always such dicks when any of us are in relationships! I didn’t take the piss when you were dating that weird Hufflepuff girl!”

“Whoa don’t be mean about crazy Chloe.” I snorted, letting him slip his arm around my shoulders, already helping himself to food.

“Don’t eat it all, no-one else is here yet.”

“Where’s Katie anyway?”

“Showering, preparing for you idiots probably.” I teased, accepting a biscuit, “Aren’t you excited to see her?” I winked and he shot me an odd look.

“I don’t get what you mean.” His voice was controlled.

“Nevermind.” I sang, helping myself to a drink of cola.

“That stuff is disgusting...weird muggle drink.” I giggled, gargling it to wind him up.

___


Leanne arrived next, in a tizzy over the weather and the effect it was having on her hair. I happened to like the inch of growing snow outside.

“So...you, anyway, what the fuck is happening with George?”

This time Katie avoided my eye line.

“I don’t know,” I said honestly, the conversation moving to the sofas, “I mean...I hadn’t planned on anything but...his dad was ill, and I was trying to comfort him and we kissed.”

Leanne did a weird little squeak, Ryan’s eyes widening dramatically, going to make fun of her when Katie cut in...”Right and you said it kind of continued.”

I nodded, “Yeah...and progressed...”

“You had sex didn’t you?” Leanne butt in and I nodded regretfully, the squeak now a screech. “I knew it! I knew you would! So obvious.” Ryan was shooting me an odd look, Katie looking more irritated at the look of disgust her old ginger cat shot Leanne as he stumbled from the room.

“Okay, yes we did.” I said loudly, struggling to shut her up, laying down, cackling at my red face. “We did Leanne, what more do you want from me?!”

“I want to know everything.” She screamed, our little fight almost turning into a wrestle as she kept pushing for details.

“This I like.” Ryan smirked, and I called back for him to shut up, Leanne taking advantage and us both falling to the floor, Katie merely rolling her eyes.

“I want to know, is it true that they say about gingers guys, curtain matching the...?”

“Leanne!” I all but squealed, struggling to get away from her when there was several loud knocks on the door.

“Dale!” Ryan called, looking relieved and excited, no doubt longing for his closest friend. He vanished towards the door, dragging a wet and confused Dale in until he saw the entwined position Leanne and I were in.

“I watched a video like this once.” Leanne scoffed, finally releasing me and moving away, her face flushed. “Hey guys,” He said finally, Katie hugging him quickly before he offered me a hand, pulling me into his chest.

“What brought all that around?”

“Nothing.” I said quickly, Leanne seemingly determined to give me no peace.

“She had sex with Weasley.”

“Eww.”

“Nice Dale,” I said, tugging myself away from him pulling a face at his reaction, he grinned, pulling his coat off, water dripping to the floor.

“Sorry Katie.” She just sighed taking it, I wasn’t sure why she kept having us all round when all that happened was mess.

I felt a bit bad.

“So, what are we doing today...well this evening?”

“Muggling it up.” I answered, glad the conversation had moved topic, “Cinema...The one near here.”

“I still find it weird, the whole movie thing.” Ryan answered.

“I don’t really understand what you all wizarding families do without television.” Dale retorted, plopping himself down and patting the seat next to him for me.

I took it, “Maybe they do more interesting things,” I teased, “Like exercise.” I poked his stomach, the tiny amount of fat evidence I was joking.

“Says you, one of the laziest people in existence.”

“How was everyone’s Christmas then?” Katie asked, reappearing with a tray of snacks. She was most definitely the mother figure of our group.

“Good, actually...shit.” Ryan said, face dropping, “I forgot your presents.”

We all laughed, “I however, didn’t.” I mocked, rushing upstairs to my bags in the fist spare room, and dragging them down, handing them out, the other three doing the same.

“Ah, I feel really bad.”

“Then I’ll have your presents.” Dale joked, trying to snatch them away but failing miserably.

“I’ll floo back tomorrow and get them or something.” He promised, already tearing through the paper, the present opening going as usual, each of us thanking whoever as paper was dropped on the floor.

Dale’s face when he opened his stupidly expensive signed rugby ball made my day.

“Holy shit... how did you get this? Oh my God I love you.” He pulled me into a crushing hug, Ryan laughing from behind him at my face as he eyed up his own primarily alcoholic gift.

“That is someone you like right?” Dale nodded almost manically and I smiled, “Good.”

“Just..shit, thank-you so much. I feel...” I sent him a look that silenced him, squeezing his hand gently.

“Thank-you for my present.” I said softly, not allowing the downcast look to appear on his face that did whenever there was money involved, the amount of money he had meant absolutely nothing to me.

My terribly wrapped present from him had been brought clearly during the earlier holidays, a thin necklace with a tag from a muggle shop I knew, it hadn’t been expensive, there was no doubt about that, but it held a dainty gold coloured cage with a bird inside, a testament to one of my favourite animals.

It meant something and I loved it for that alone.

“Can you help me put it on?” I asked, placing it in his hands and using mine to hold my hair up, getting a slightly disapproving look from Leanne that I ignored. Her hands on a similar pair of earrings, but they were too small, not her style.

I was aware she wouldn’t make the effort and even just wear them for show.

“If you’re wearing his thing you better wear that jumper I got you.” She teased, and I nodded.

“I’ll wear it tonight if that will satisfy you darling.” She grinned, losing her sour look.

Katie held out a box of Bertie's every flavour beans warily checking the packet.

“We should take those to the cinema.” Ryan suggested, I shook my head instantly.

“You cannot eat these in the dark, way too risky.”

“Why will it be dark in there? That’s weird...” Leanne shrugged, her father wasn’t magical, so she was more in touch with a lot of things than Ryan or Katie but still mostly lived a very ‘wizarding’ life, style and magazines her main break into muggle life.

“It’s so you can see better and...I don’t know Ryan, just...oh don’t start drinking already its three pm!”

“Exactly.” The rest of us shared a look although I was desperate to join him when he took a large, no doubt revolting gulp.

“You better now throw up when we’re out.” Katie scolded, “Or anywhere in my house for that matter.”

“I second that.” Leanne chimed in, “Although I did bring wine.”

“And I brought more firewhisky earlier.”

“And I have beer.”

Katie looked exasperated. “You’re a bunch of morons.”

“Oh come on Katie, join in rather than be all mumsy for once.” Ryan said, pouting. I smirked at the pink blush that rose on her cheeks.

“I don’t...”

“Ryan, don’t pressure her!” I scolded, fiddling with her present to me, a charms book she must have thought I would like, sweets, and a small beaded box she claimed she saw in Hogsmeade for my jewellery.

I was extremely happy with my haul this year.

“No, feel the pressure!!” Ryan laughed, pushing the bottle closer to her, Leanne joined in, urging her to take a sip.

Although Katie’s face when she did was a picture.
___


Leanne was currently digging through my suitcase, murmuring I think assuming I was listening.

“Oh, this is a new one! I like this.” I knew that tone in her voice.

“Wear it if you want, you’ll fill the top better anyway.” I pretended to grow tearful, “It’s the kind of dress you need boobs for...of which I have none.”

We joked but I had always been exceptionally jealous of Leanne’s slim yet curvy figure, especially when I compared it to my straight one.

“You have boobs.”

“Hardly.”

“Fine, but, you have super long legs.”

“Like a little stick boy.” She giggled, already slipping the dress on, not needing much persuasion.

“You look nothing like a boy, you have a model figure.”

“So I look like I’m starving?”

“Oh please...can you zip me up?”

New Years Eve had flown around, the last couple of days spent in the typical way, although a disastrous game of Quidditch had left me with a large bruise on one hip and a very overdramatic role between Ryan and Katie, the only ones who actually enjoyed the sport.

Now me and Leanne were doing what seemed to be a tradition, always getting dressed up like we were going out to a party on New Years...when all we were doing was drinking in the living room and lighting sparklers, faking fireworks with sprays of lights from our wands in the garden.

“Wear this one,” She suggested, pulling out another new dress, it was short, a medium blue covered in lace. “And you can borrow my chicken fillets...”

“I don’t know if they’re something that should be shared.” She pulled a face at me, half forcing them down my bra, “Leanne...stop molesting me!”

“You love it.”

“I dream of it every night,” I teased, pulling a kissing face at her as I slid the dress on, readjusting my bra and my new cleavage, “Okay, I get why people use these.”

“See,” she mocked, putting on a French accent sounding dreadfully like the beauxbaton girls who had spent half of the last year at Hogwarts with us, “Now ze boy haz breasts.” We both giggled, stopping when Katie entered, making far more of an effort than normal.

And she looked lovely.

I glanced at Leanne, “Katie,” She started, “For once in my life I approve.” Katie rolled her eyes but looked please.

“I still don’t get why you guys always insist on dressing up so much to go downstairs.”

“Hey, Amelia has tits now, that needs to be shown off.”

“What, Amelia always had...” She cut off, looking at my chest, her mouth tilting slightly “Alright I get what you mean.”

“You guys are nasty,” I pouted, slipping in a small pair of earrings, my necklace from Dale still around my neck. “Ready?” Katie nodded, Leanne slipping on heels.

Not even I went that far.

“We’re going literally going downstairs Leanne.” Katie started, shushed by her.

“The shoes make the outfit.”

“You need to stop reading Vogue.”

“Never, especially since now I have a year of free issues...and mark my words, one day I will work there.”

The guys were already downstairs, Ryan had made no effort whatsoever and was in a jumper, his hair in disarray making it clear he had fallen asleep. Dale hadn’t made much more, but he was at least wearing a casual shirt, hair done neatly.

“Do I pass?” He asked Leanne who looked him up and down harshly but nodded.

“You do, he doesn’t.” Ryan already had himself a peach schnapps and lemonade, a second muggle drink I had managed to get him to enjoy.

“Don’t buy me a present and drink it all!” I whined, Ryan having headed home the day before and returning with our gifts. I poured myself a very strong glass as Katie went and turned on the record player, the Weird Sisters blaring out as she accepted a glass of wine from Leanne who was already gently prancing around the room.

“When did she start?” Dale asked, making me jump as he appeared behind me.

“About two hours ago when she was doing my hair.”

“It looks nice, you haven’t had it straight in ages.” He tugged on a section.

“It’s far too much effort to do regularly.”

“Even with magic?” I shrugged, “Well, I like it.”

“I might have to start doing it like this more then if it reaches your high standards.” He grinned, his beer can hissing as it opened, the repelling smell hitting me.

“I don’t know how you drink that stuff.”

“I don’t get how you can stand that.” He tapped my glass.

“You’ve never even tried it, take a sip,” I pestered until he did, his expression enough for me to believe him, “Okay, fine, but beer is still disgusting.”

“You’re disgusting.”

“But I have boobs now...” I did a poor mimic, enhancing the northern tinge in Leanne’s voice.

“You didn’t have them before?”

“Not sufficient ones, like I joked about it, but then suddenly, it seems everyone seems to have viewed me as some breast less wonder.” He rolled his eyes, laughing at me.

“Why do you seem bothered?”

“I’m not bothered.”

“Yeah you are, don’t be self conscious, you have a great body.” I flushed a little at his compliment, “Although whatever you’ve done tit wise they look really good.”

And there the compliment vanished.

“You’re a tool. You wanna perve on someone perve on Leanne.”

“I don’t find Leanne attractive.” I lifted a brow, I’d kind of assumed everyone did, after all the girl was ridiculously gorgeous.

“Since when? I always thought you must.”

“Nah,” He shook his head, “Just...I don’t know, I couldn’t see her like that and she just isn’t my type.”

“Since when did you have a type?”

“Since when was yours Weasleys?” He teased, earning a fake glare, “I bet Fred was loving it.”

“Oh don’t get me started, he was such a pain in the arse the whole time, trying to be alone in that house...”

“Well, I’ve never been to the exclusive ‘Burrow’ so...”

Oh course, that’s where he thought I had been, I didn’t correct him.

“There’s a lot of people in not that much space, and they share a room.” He laughed loudly, by now both of our drinks finished, the amount of alcohol already making my fingers tingle.

“So George didn’t get lucky?”

“He might have.” I smirked, giggling at the look on his face.

“Ryan was hinting it was leading that way, but look at you, turning into Leanne.” His voice was suddenly less playful than his expression.

“Yeah, well, it’s not like I run about doing it with everyone.” I defended, suddenly feeling uncomfortable at the look he was sending me.

Ryan ran over, grabbing my sides and making me squeal before the conversation could go further, and more than likely, it felt from the tension, turn into an argument.

What the hell was his problem?

I let it go and the night continued as it normally did, although there was a definite gap in the lack of Aaron and his dancing. Annoyed at Dale I let Ryan encourage me to drink far too much, but by the time it was close to twelve even Katie was tipsy, which was extremely rare.

“Wait, put it to the radio so we know exactly when!” She shouted, Leanne struggling to perform the simple task, her neatly constructed ringlets starting to fall, her shoes tossed to the side as she finally managed it, and flopped down on one sofa, laughing at Ryan who was spinning Katie around.

“I think I know who Ryan is gunna want to kiss at midnight,” I quipped, my tongue felt numb.

“Aaron is my New Year kiss when we’re here...and there’s an odd number.” She whined.

“I thought I would be your kiss.”

She snorted, “Yeah right, it will be you and Dale, you still fancy each other.”

I went to argue, but was stopped when Ryan shoved another shot in my hand.

Annoyed at another of my best friends I took it and three more, leaving Ryan and myself gasping by the dining table, the others laughing at us.

The room was moving slower than I was, that’s how it felt, but I wasn’t drunk enough to black out, or not remember.

I was happy, dizzy, giggly...

“The countdowns soon! Let’s go outside, turn it up so we can hear it!”

Katie’s was a house where there were a ridiculous amount of doors, the back of her dining/living room was literally two large glass doors, and Dale opened them, Leanne pulling me out once the radio was loud enough, the counting down started.

And, by the time, that in a daze it got to ‘Happy New Year 1996’ there were lips pressed against mine.

I didn’t know who had made the first move, but the lips definitely weren’t Leanne’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh dear.