Sequel: Loonar

Hand Me Downs.

Valentines.

Neville was coming along in leaps and bounds, a determination in him that spurred me further, made me want to work harder, better.

It showed in the DA meetings as much as it did when it was us two, Professor Flitwick, under the allusion we were doing Charms catch-up offered us his second and smaller classroom twice a week for two hours, and by the time it was Friday the Thirteen of Friday a notoriously unlucky date we were feeling quite the opposite.

“Alright,” I countered breathless, moving to the scrap bit of parchment, “So we’ve done,” I counted down the list, ranging from ‘Avis’ to ‘Colloportus’ to ‘Diffindo’.

“Eight spells so far, and it’s going really well Neville!”

The look on his face gave me a burst of pride, that almost motherly instinct that often came over me in regards to him strong.

I suppose to me, I had known Neville as long as I had known myself, we had been in the same boat, an understanding no-one else had.
He was family.

My throat stung a little.

“What do you want to do next?” I passed him the list, scrawled was every defensive or offensive curse and charm I could think of, with help from some others.

“What about a patronus?” He panted, I bit my lip.

“I’m really not that good at it, I’ve only ever managed to do it twice, and only once did it take a proper form...I’ll... I’ll bring it to Harry or something for the DA.”

He nodded, “Well, whatever then...” There was a harsh tap on the door, and it opened before we could respond.

“And what exactly are you doing in here Miss Pelanci and Mr Longbottom?”

“Extra Charms work, I’m tutoring Neville,” I lied easily, although the next part was truth, “We have permission from Professor Flitwick, both written.” I pulled up another piece of parchment, “And verbal, which he would be happy to tell you.”

She smiled a little, baring her teeth more than anything, aware she had been caught out. “And what time are you allowed in this room until?”

“Nine pm.”

“Well, sadly in that case it is five past, so I’m going to have to dock you five points each from Gryffindor for trespassing.” I opened my mouth, “Would you like to make it ten and some more detentions Miss Pelanci? It does seem odd not having you write away as I mark work.” The smile was back and the still red marks on my hand stung.

“No Professor, we’ll head back to the common room now.”

“Marvellous, twenty five minutes until curfew!” She’d even managed to shorten that, the free time we had around the school.

I nodded slowly, gritting my teeth but watched Neville ball the list up in his hand, placing the letter from Flitwick in hers as we passed.

“I’ll be speaking to Professor Flitwick about this as well!” She called after us “It isn’t fair to give a student such an advantage over others...and after school clubs are banned remember!”

“It isn’t a club.” I grumbled, far away for her not to hear, “Nasty old toad.” Neville giggled a little, instantly making me less angry.

“Doesn’t look like we’ll be getting away with that for a while then.”

“No,” I said resentfully, “No, it doesn’t.

We separated at the common room, Neville making his way over to Dean and Seamus to continue work. I gave Seamus my usual hard look trailing over to where ‘my’ group sat, all of which for once over parchment and scrawling ferociously.

“Have fun with Neville?”

“Yeah, it went well until Umbridge turned up.”

“She’s everywhere I swear.” I nodded, letting my head flop on his shoulder and earning a pat, not dissimilar to a dog. “Quit it Ryan.”

“Get off my shoulder then, I’m working!” I snorted, “Seriously, look...” He point to his Alchemy essay and I let my eyes scan over it nodding, “Not bad.”

“Good, wanna let me copy yours?”

“I haven’t done it yet.” I yawned, being far too busy with everything else.

I was spending two evenings a week with McGonagall, two with Neville, another at the DA meeting.

Not to mention he ridiculous amount of Potions work we had, a lot of which I actually had to do myself... we were being marked for our creations in lessons far more, and to a higher percentage so I was having to study that.

“Seriously?” He lifted a brow, “You’re slipping Pelanci.” I stuck out my tongue, “Lemme get my stuff and I’ll start it now, I’ve just got to finish my Transfiguration entry for the day.”

Several eyes around me grew wider, “Shit!” Leanne complained, rubbing ink over her face accidentally, “I haven’t been doing it daily, I completely forget, oh God, she’s going to kill me!”
I had to assume she was McGonagall and smiled guiltily.

“I was hoping it was something we could just do in a day.” Dale whined, glaring at his own Alchemy. I shook my head, “It’s a lot.”

“You know what, seriously, I give up on Transfiguration. I just... I’m gunna drop it or something.”

“No, you’re not.” Katie reasoned, glancing up from her heavy book, “Don’t be an idiot.”

“Why not? I’m getting acceptable overall in everything, I don’t even know how I got the bloody E to get into most things.”

“At least you don’t do potions.” Aaron chipped in, “You get to take it easy in Muggle Studies when we’re there.”

“Yeah, and I struggle with some of that, and I’m muggle born!”

He looked agitated, and Leanne sent me a look, basically dropping him on me. “Look, I’ll go get my diary and talk you through it okay?” He nodded, thanking me.

I ended up talking everyone but Katie and Aaron through the project, and by the time that was done, my Alchemy also rolled up and secured it was nearly two in the morning.

And my plan of spending the night with George was a waste, I didn’t want to wake him up.
It was like waking a troll.

I sighed, I wasn’t tired yet, although everyone but Aaron had abandoned me to bed and he was half asleep looking through charms notes.

I decided I might as well start on Umbridge’s, although it was basically rephrasing chunks of the book, adding a little pro and con of each spell and defensive charm.

“Happy Valentine’s Day Aaron.” I said, making him jump a little.

“Oh yeah, whoop-de-fucking-do.”

_______________________________

I was woken up with a harsh shake, just five hours after I had dragged myself to bed. Three pieces of work down. “Amelia.” I mumbled, “I swear on Merlin’s underpants I will hex you.” It took me a minute to recognise the voice and I rolled over, seeing the flash of red.

“What do you want Ginny?”

“It’s Valentine’s day.”

“Good observation.”

“And my idiot brother is waiting for you.” I shrugged, we hadn’t planned anything, it wasn’t even brought up. “I thought we were watching you practise Quidditch?”

“You are for a bit, but I’ve been bugging him and he’s taking you to Hogsmeade or something, so get your arse up!” She whined, “Leanne...help me!”

“She hit me once when I woke her up...here.” I was met with cold water over my face and gasped, shooting upright, almost smacking our heads together.

“What the hell Ginny? Are all you Weasley’s complete...” I fell silent at her face. “I’m up.” I said, “Jesus, you’re like fucking Umbridge.”

“That is the meanest thing anyone has ever said to me.” She teased, “But I’m going to meet Michael for breakfast, so just get ready!”

She left me muttering under my breath, Leanne laughing, her hair perfectly curled and with lashings of mascara on, “Who was it you’re meeting today?” I asked, yawning.

“Roger Davis.”

The captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team.

“Very nice.” I countered, heading into the bathroom.

“Very nice indeed. Want me to do your hair? I’ve perfected doing it magically, as you can see.” She winked, playing with a curl as I laughed.

“Sure, go for it!”

She did and half an hour later, I was dressed in one of the nice dresses my Dad’s assistant had picked out, tights simply for warmth and a thick cardigan, hair and face done meticulously by her.
“Still think you should have borrowed my chicken fillets.” I rolled my eyes,

“How come the only Muggle things you like are to do with beauty and fashion?”

“Because everything else is so boring!”

“Whatever vanity personified.”

“God you’re a swot.”

She aimed a flirty smile at Roger as we headed up the table, sitting close to Ryan and Ron who were discussing Quidditch, primarily how bad they were. “Honestly, Ginny bugs me to come down and he’s not even here!” I complained, chewing a bit of toast, placing another on Leanne’s plate with a pointed look and watching until she ate it.

“Who?” Ron asked,

“Your darling brother.” He groaned,

“They’re both with Angelina, they’re going to watch us, so they’re apparently setting up dung bombs to throw.” Leanne giggled, stopping at the pained look on the keeper and beaters faces.

“Going into Hogsmeade Harry?” I asked, noticing that for once he had dressed up a little, stepped away from his favourite blue t-shirt. He nodded, “With who?”

“Cho.” Leanne and I met yes, “Well, have fun! I bet Marietta is seething with jealously.”

“Well, no-one in their right mind would ask her out.” I giggled, the boys ignoring us, leaving us to our bitching until breakfast was over.

“I’m going to go meet Roger!” Leanne declared, “Anything in my teeth?”

“You’re fine.” I checked, “Have fun, don’t put out.” She faked a laugh.

“You’re hilarious, have fun with George, make sure he doesn’t make you spend all day watching bloody Quidditch.”

I didn’t have much faith, “I’ll try my best.”
_________________________

The dormitory was empty as I placed a coat and gloves on, the common room pretty much the same, even Aaron had dragged himself out, forcing Dale to go looking for something he needed.

That, and Ryan had said Dale had had a few invites out himself, which I was surprised he hadn’t taken up.

It wasn’t until I was on my way down to the Quidditch field I saw someone I recognised, “Hey Hagrid!” I greeted, the rain already starting, making me glad I had grabbed my umbrella, “How’s it going?”

“Not bad.” He said gruffly, although I was well aware he was being watched rather closely by Umbridge, as was Trelawny, they were on probation and she was itching to fire either of them.

“Where ya’ heading off to?”

“Going to watch Quidditch.” He winced a little, and I wasn’t sure if it was down to his large swollen cheek of the state of our team, “Well, have fun.”

“Thanks, you too Hagrid!” He smiled, the swelling lifting and headed off.
Fun was probably the opposite of what I had.

The rain had stopped pretty swiftly, George had planted quite a lingering kiss on my lips but then progressed to practically ignore me for the next two hours whilst we watched the team struggle.
And struggle was putting it lightly, you could see the irritation on all of their faces, especially on Angelina’s, Alicia’s and Katie, who had been on the team longest, were the best players.

At least, on Ryan’s defence he was better than Sloper, the other beater.

By the time lunch rolled around I was hungry, bored and irritated. Clearly whatever Ginny had bugged him about hadn’t sunk in.

It was just a day, after all I reckoned, just an event formed to make money in the muggle and wizarding world. But, by half past one I had had enough.

“I’m going to head up.” I said lightly, trying not to show my annoyance, “I’m cold so...” realising neither twin was listening I huffed a little and left, taking a long route back up to the castle and making my way to the owlery deciding I might as well write to Dad or something.

I scrawled a basic, ‘hope you are well etc...’ and attached it to an owl, watching it fly away until the smell of birds became overwhelming and I headed back to the common room, finding it empty apart from the fourteen first and second years who were playing various games, making it too loud for me to concentrate.

So, I went up to my dormitory, picking up one of Leanne’s magazines and glaring at it, sitting close to the heater in a strop.

After a while a timid second year came running up, short with a long brown braid, “George wants you.” I lifted a brow, “Weasley.” She added, mouth full of sweets.

“Did he give you those?” I asked, waiting for her to vomit, she nodded.

“Exploding bon-bons,” She explained, “I tested the nosebleed nuggets before though.” Why she looked proud of that I had no idea but sighed, following her down the stairway, tights tickling on the carpet.

“Yes?” I asked, seeing him grinning on the largest armchair,

“Are you annoyed?”

“A little bit.” I admitted, “What made you leave Quidditch?”

“I figured you’d had enough.”

“Yeah,” I said, pulling a face, “Just about, it’s not that fun watching when it’s that painful.” He grimaced, “Tell me about it.”

I knew how much he missed playing it, it was evident whenever he, Fred of Harry were brought into conversation about it.

“But anyway, want to come upstairs?”

“Why?” I asked, a little suspicious, “Ginny told me we were going to Hogsmeade.”

“She played her part well.” My brow furrowed, “Hogsmeade is too...obvious, we’re going upstairs.”

“Upstairs?”

“Yeah, I had Lee do a thing.” I was beginning to be aware of the larger plot surrounding me.

“Okay, this isn’t going to kill me is it?” He grinned widely, taking my hand and pulling me all the way up to the seventh dorm.

He opened the door.
And there was nothing.

I wasn’t even that surprised to be honest, just... “You didn’t do anything?” He mocked offense, pulling me in and closing the door, opening the curtains of Fred and Lee’s bed, either side of his own.

Fred’s was covered in food, sweets.

Lee’s in flowers and things covered in the slightly better packaged Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes paper.

I giggled and he finally opened his own, completely empty.

“We’re alone until six, on pain on death.” I shook my head a little.

“I’m impressed so far.”

“Doing well aren’t I?” I nodded smiling up at him, letting him draw close and kiss me. “I also stole the record player from the common room.”

It hit me, “That’s why all the kids had sweets.”

“Indeed,” He moved over to it, turning on the radio, that terrible woman Molly liked blaring out.
“Oh God.” I cackled, causing him to laugh, “Anything but this!”

“I didn’t chose it!”

“Oh yeah, of course you didn’t, I know you have a secret longing for Celestina Warbeck!”

He chuckled, catching me quickly, lips pressed to mine in a way that grew ferocious quickly, a few sneaked evenings not enough.

We fell onto his bed and remained there until dinner time.

Every part of me aching, my stomach already full, a sugar high.

And high on George Weasley.
♠ ♠ ♠
Neville and George.
What a delightful chapter.

Any comments would be wonderful.
Thankyou, as always, for reading, recommending, subscribing and commenting :)