Sequel: Loonar

Hand Me Downs.

End of Summer.

Harry stared down at his small breakfast, everyone was up early sat around the table, conversation little and forced. Today was Harry’s trial and as much as everyone claimed they weren’t worried they were.

The ministry were trying to slander Harry, ruin him, chucking him out of Hogwarts would not only reinforce that but separate him more from the wizarding world.

“You’ll be fine,” I said again forcefully, “I’m more worried about how excited and weird Arthur will get when you guys use the tube.”

I winked at him, resting my hand on-top of his quickly, pulling if off as I caught a strange look from George, “Try and make sure he doesn’t get arrested, can’t deal with both of you in court.” This finally gained a small smile, a yawn following.

“Everyone didn’t have to get up early to see me off.“ he said with a shrug as if it was no big deal, still picking at his food.

“Everyone just wants you to know you have their full support,” Hermione answered, giving him a warm smile from her place opposite, “Ron especially.” she said lower, prodding the snoring boys arm causing his head to shoot up quickly, eyes still drooping.

“Did he win?”

The false facade of confidence didn’t drop until Harry and Arthur left, the sun still rising.

“He will get off won’t he?” Ginny asked the forlorn room, “I mean, he didn’t do anything wrong they cant...”

Bill, having arrived late last night met his sisters eyes, “It depends more on how far the ministry are willing to go.” The tension stretched on until Molly finally broke it in her usual forcefulness.

“We don’t have time anyway, Bill you need to get to work, Tonks you're exhausted, go home!” she said to the neon haired girl head resting heavily on her arm, “Arthur’s covering your shift so that’s fine. I’ll...” she flustered, “I’ll start dinner, Kingsley and Remus may be joining us tonight, children..”

We all looked up, the twins with a frown on their face at the title given to them, “There’s a couple of rooms of the third floor that need clearing up.”

Everyone groaned in sync, “Well since you all are so desperate to help with the Order you can make the headquarters decent enough to live in.” she said with a smirk, twinkles in her eye, “Go on then, come down if you need anymore products but they’re all in the hallway, pop to it.”

We dragged ourselves up, I wanted nothing more than to go back to bed but I knew I wouldn’t sleep until Harry was back. I was worried.

“Flirting with Mr Potter were we?“A familiar voice rang as I was slipping an old hoody over my vest.

“Heard of knocking?” I asked, pulling my hair from the hood and my slippers on as I frowned at him taking a second to digest what he said, “And no, I wasn’t, I was trying to be comforting if you must know.” He giggled, blocking my way out of the room, “Move it Fred.”

“And all along I thought we were destined to be!“ he crowed, raising his arms dramatically and placing a grotesque look on his face that caused my frown to drop.

“But my love, we are. Harry is nothing but a child.” I replied, my own voice breaking into a terrible high pitched attempt at singing, we stared at each other, bursting out in laughter again just seconds later.

“You guys have serious issues!“ Ron called as he walked past the open door, earning large grins from us both as we collapsed onto my bed, his arms and leg able to touch the floor on either side easily.

“I wish I was as tall as you.” I complained lightly, poking his side.

“You’re already like five foot nine is that not enough for you?” I pulled at face at him shaking my head.

“I’d rather be like dramatically tall or really really short, rather than average.”

He furrowed his brow at me, “You’re taller than most girls I know, and some guys, I mean... you and Harry would have short children if they took after him.” I hit his side again, pulling myself into a sitting position.

“I don’t want to clean anymore.” He groaned, mimicking my movement and causing me to giggle, “I mean, it’s alright for you, you don’t have to be here.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yes I do, I don’t to stay with Katie in case stuff kicks off, cause you know I’d be on Bella’s radar...” he rubbed his face awkwardly and I felt bad, desperate to change the dampened move, “Or, I can stay at home and make small talk with my Dad and his girlfriend, Tammy the twat for two months, so compared to that this is fun.” He smiled, grabbing my arms and pulling me onto his legs and against his chest.

“And obviously you’d miss me and George too much.”

“Of course, I would die without you Freddy-Kins.” I said sarcastically, pulling away and poking at his mouth, squealing as he went to bite my finger.

A few minutes passed, our breathing eventually becoming in sync as the others trudged past the door, Ginny winking at us and earning two scoffs. “Mum was like that the other day.” I looked at him, “She reckons we got something going on.” I snorted, apologising quickly but seeing he wasn’t bothered.

“Fred,” I said in mock seriousness, “It’s not you, its me I’m just...”

“Madly in love with Potter!“ he shrieked so loudly I jumped, hands slamming over my ears as my pained look turned to laughter as he pretended to sob into my shoulder.

“You’re weird Fred.” I said, pushing his head off of me and standing up, stretching and smiling as I heard my back click,

“You looked in the mirror lately?” I gasped in mock offensive, smiling at him and pulling him up.

“My mum would love it though,” he started casually as we finally began to ascend up the narrow stairway, “If you married into the family,“ He divulged, “You could have ickle Ronnykins!” I chuckled, only increasing when we finally saw Ron, images of Ron sleeping at his own wedding springing up into my mind.

“Can you imagine the food bill for the reception.” Fred said loudly, causing Ron to shoot us a confused look and causing me to literally whoop with laughter.

“What’s so funny?” He asked, his eyes narrowed at us as we shrugged,

“Nothing sweetie.” I said, blowing him a kiss and accepting some gloves from a disgruntled looking Hermione.

“Must you two always be so immature? Look, even George is helping.” She said, pointing to George who winked and saluted us both.

Fred and I turned to each other as she stormed to the other side of the room, pulling Ron with her and starting to wipe down the wall.

“Looks like I’ve got some competition for my hubby.” I whispered, grinning at Fred as we made our way over to his twin.
___


The kitchen was echoing with roars of, “He got off, he got off.” I rolled my eyes smiling at the three Weasleys’ as they danced around, the other sitting opposite me next to Hermione who was pale, her anxiety had steadily built all morning hence her bad mood.

Harry was sat next to me with a big grin on his face, the same that was stuck across many of the other’s features.

“Everyone seems quite relieved, though, considering you all knew I'd get off." he teased, watching as Mr Weasley shouted at his three shouting children and back to us, Sirius standing at my side as they spoke about Lucius, he was a death eater, no doubt, and now Harry had seen him with Voldemort there was no defence.

The decision was quickly made to tell Dumbledore, although with the ministry the way it was, and Lucius as always holding a great power there we were stuck, we couldn’t say anything, it would risk too many people here.

“Well Dumbledore will sort it out,” Molly said softly, levitating a large plate of sandwiches towards us, “And I’ve already started dinner, what time will you be back from covering for Tonk’s Arthur?”

He shrugged, leaning forward and kissing her lightly before saying his goodbyes as we began to eat, Harry frowning and clasping his hand to his forehead suddenly, Hermione jumped right away but Harry shook her off.

“Scar.” He explained and I frowned, his scar hurting never meant anything good.

___


The couple of weeks left of the holidays dragged, and I mean dragged. We were stuck in the house, Harry wasn’t allowed out at all and Molly seemed keen to keep the rest of us inside, cleaning.

It was finally the day before Hogwarts, my arms ached and all I could smell was disinfectant.

Needless to say I was excited to get back to Hogwarts and I could tell from my various letters to Katie and others, never able to explain where I was or say anything much that they felt the same.

Have you written to Ryan at all?

Katie's latest letter had arrived the day before, always delayed as we had to keep hidden, couldn’t arise suspicion as to who was here.
I read it and frowned, I hadn’t really spoken to many of my other friends apart from a couple of letters. After everything last year and with the Order, I didn’t want to somehow risk getting them into danger out of school.

Hogwarts was safe, minus the basilisk, dementors and fake teachers.

And as always, and quite selfishly I was perfectly happy with Fred and George keeping me entertained.

My frown deepened and I made a promise to myself that I was going to try harder next year, I mean, with stuff happening this way I suppose every minute counts. I sighed, and I had spend the last million or so scrubbing away at Grimmauld Place being no help to anyone.

I know the others felt the same way Harry muttering numerous times under his breath about he could be more useful.

It was nearing nine, Hermione and Ginny had already gotten up and gone to eat, but I was still under my thin cover, not wanting to leave the warmth and emerge into the dank drafty house. I had also been trying to convince Molly that since it was the last day before we had to head back to Hogwarts that we should not have to clean, instead we should sleep and eat cake.

She'd smiled at me but that was as far as it went and I was well aware that whilst I was packing (another thing I had left until last minute) and wishing I was as prepared as Hermione that we would also have to clean the bedroom.

A familiar crack echoed and I felt the cover being ripped from my curled up form, “Noooo.” I whined, fighting against the hands holding it away from me and waiting until my eyes became clear enough to glare at the offendant.

“George, but you’re the nicer one!” He winked at me and nodded, sitting down by my bare feet and sighing as I covered my face with my arms. “I’m sleeping.”

“The Hogwarts letters are here. And I’m assuming you want to come back this year?” I growled, leaning up, grabbing my pillow and throwing it at him. “Mums going into Diagon Alley in a bit.”

“Will she let me come?” He snorted, watching as I peeked at him through the gaps of my crossed arms and indicating around my bed, the floor covered in various items of clothes and make-up.

“Not likely.”

“Then I’m not getting up until I have too.”

“You’re so lazy.”

“Yeah, like you’re not tired?” He shook his head even though I could see the bags under his eyes, I grinned to myself, “Just think George, gimme the covers back, come and snuggle in and we could sleep. No cleaning, just wonderful sleep.” I could see he was tempted and continued, smirking, “And it’s so warm and soft and so much better than wasting the day picking on Ron.”

He narrowed his eyes, “You’ve won this round Palenci. Shove up.”

I grinned widely at him, shuffling until I reached one side of the bed and exhaling as he got in, the cover returning to its bundled position around my shoulders and warmth flooding me again.

“I like winning,“ I mumbled, moving back so I was against his hard chest and stifling a yawn, “You did take your shoes off didn’t you?”

“Obviously.”

___


“What on Earth are you two doing? You’re supposed to be helping.”

“Not now Mum.” George mumbled, my eyes popping open as I realised his mistake.

“I am not your mother George,“ Hermione complained, again ripping the covers off of my bed and causing me to groan, “Amelia?” I whined, pulling myself up and glaring at her.

“Yes Hermione dearest? How may I be of service?”

“It’s eleven, Molly’s heading off in a minute and no-one’s opened either of your letters.” I nodded, pushing George off of me causing him to grunt and standing, wincing as my knees popped.

“Let me just get dressed.” I yawned and she nodded frowning, turning away as I pulled my thin sweater off and replaced it with a bra and dress, ignoring my pajamas bottoms.

“Nice outfit,” George mumbled, causing me to squeal as I suddenly remembered he was there.

“I didn’t watch!” he defended as I hit his arm, thumbling until I found my glasses and the whole room came into focus, especially something Hermione had pinned to her jumper.

“Prefect?” I asked and she nodded, a slight flush across her face, “Ah, Well done!” I said, moving to hug her, “Was it you and Harry?” she shook her head.

“No, me and Ron, I’m surprised you didn’t hear all the shouting, Fred came in and made fun of him as usual.”

“Gutted I missed that,” George added, sitting up and rubbing his eyes, “Who in their right mind would make Ron prefect?”

“George!” We both scolded, and he stuck out his tongue, disapperating out of the room as I followed Hermione down to the kitchen, screaming as George appeared behind me.

“That’s it.” I shouted, spinning around, “I warned you Weasley.” I went to step forward, but with another loud crack Fred was behind me lifting me up.

“For fuck sake!”

“Amelia don’t swear.” Molly said quite calmly, walking out of the pantry and pointing to my letter, turning back around and slipping her coat off, barely twitching at the scream Fred let out when I bit his hand. I slid open my letter quickly, glancing down it and comparing it to Hermione’s.

“Same new books. Wait a second Molly and I’ll run up and get you some money for them,” she turned shaking her head.

“Not to worry, now I want everyone to pack their things by the time I get back, and tidy the room afterwards.” I frowned as she left, waving a gentle goodbye, the others trailing after her.

“What’s up with you?” Sirius asked from his spot at the table, gesturing I sit opposite him.

“Nothing,” I lied, catching his eyes and sitting, watching as he stood and poured a drink, placing it in front of me, “This is fire whisky Sirius.” he smirked at me, taking a large gulp of his own,

“I won’t tell if you don’t.” I smiled, taking a sip and as always being surprised by it’s strength, my oesphogus burning as it slid down.

“I’m sorry about a while ago,” I began, “We shouldn’t have been going in rooms like that and we haven’t really spoken so I figured I’d pissed you off...” He snorted.

“It’s not my house as far as I am concerned, more like a prison, you can do what you like.” He sighed, resting his glass down, “I'm more worried about you.” I smiled at him, shaking my head.

“I’m fine, I spoke to Hermione which helped but,” I frowned, “I feel I have no right to be going on like that when Harry’s here. I felt stupid afterwards”

He leant back, observing me, “Everyone here has lost something, someone. Don’t ever feel like you can’t be angry or upset at what happened. The minute you start becoming disengaged is when you lose her.” I nodded, as always Sirius made sense, his wisdom far reaching.

“And with Molly,” he added as I went to leave the room, “She’s too proud to accept money, but you know she thinks of you as one of her own. You can pay her back in other ways.” he said mysteriously a thin smile on his face, again I thanked him and left the room, reaching my own and grinning as Ginny swore, shoving her crumpled close in her case whilst Hermione sat on her bed reading.

“At least I’m not the only unorganised one.” I chuckled, pulling my own case out from under my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure if i want to contnue this so any thoughts would be great.
Thankyou for reading! :)