Sequel: Loonar

Hand Me Downs.

Weekend.

Umbridge was a foul creature.

We weren’t allowed to use magic at all in the lessons, no doubt the ministry were scared we would rise up.

She just stood there, watching as we silently read through the tedious chapters, that smirk on her cabbage-patch Kid face.

It was finally Friday after a first week that seemed to stretch for months. I had a pile of homework as tall as a house-elf and a bunch of very tired and irritated friends.

“Remember when everyone said fifth year was the hardest?” Dale groaned, slamming his head down on the table and causing me to giggle.

“Everyone says that every year.” Ryan countered, his Herbology book in one hand and his quill in the other tapping against his parchment.

“I just wish I could use a bloody biro, I hate quills.” Dale continued, his voice muffled from his position.

“You say that every year too." Ryan added, smirking as our friend grew even more irritated. I glared at him, pulling my half finished transfiguration essay in front of me, trying desperately to find a way to word my conclusion.

“What’s up Kiddy-winks,” A familiar voice teased, the body of Fred Weasley appearing soon after, “Finding it a little bit hard are we? Want Ol’ Freddy to help?”

I snorted, Ryan chuckling at him, “You’re not exactly a stunning example of a student mate, no offense.” Fred mocked hurt, holding a hand to his heart, pulling my finished Alchemy work towards him.

“This means nothing to me.” he admitted a few minutes later, disrupting the brilliant final sentence I had finally thought of and grinning at my irritated face.

“Fred, I love you, but if you don’t fuck off I’m going to hurt you.” He held my gaze until he realised how serious I was and pulled himself up loudly,

“Where’s everyone else then? Only half of the sixth year crew eh?” I rolled my eyes, giving up on my transfiguration and deciding to come back to it later,

“They’re in lessons or the library.” He nodded, hovering in case I would suddenly push my homework aside and entertain him as I would have a couple of years ago.

“Merlins’ beard, when did you get so boring Amelia?” He scoffed, resting his elbows painfully on my shoulders,

“About the same time I decided I wanted a decent job, I know you and George aren’t bothered about grades but if you guys even wanna get through Hogwarts you should be studying with us.”

I could almost feel his jaw drop as he moved to my side again, flicking my forehead with a horrified look on his face, “Hermione, is that you?” At this I burst out laughing, my straight face shattering instantly, Ryan doing the same and even Dale pulled his head up with a small chuckle.

“Fuck off Fred, go torture some more first years,” I paused and winked at him, “Just don’t let the dearest prefects catch you or else mummy will be angry.”

He stuck his tongue out but finally left and we spent the next couple of hours in the same state of bored and misery and we battled through out homework.

“Maybe we start doing more homework on the day we get it, I still have all my potions to do on Sunday and you know what Snape is like, it’s killer.” The two agreed, even though Dale wasn't in that class and we called it a day just in time for dinner, the other’s finally reappearing.

“I haven’t done any of Umrbridge's,” Katie said worriedly, “I haven’t even started it and it’s due Monday,”

“We’ll do it Sunday,” I said determined, “Aaron that okay with you?” He nodded, his own work half done and I grinned, agreeing at his bargain, “Only if you help me with Charms.”

“I don't want to talk about work anymore.” Dale groaned, “I’m so hungry.”

“When aren’t you?” Leanne quipped, poking his stomach, “Won’t be able to play that rugby thing you like if you get all big.”

“You really don’t know anything about muggle stuff do you?” I asked lightly, linking my arm with hers as we left the common room, “Being big helps quite a bit with rugby.” I explained and her mouth formed an understanding ‘O’.

“So, has lover boy owled you back yet?” Aaron made the mistake of asking, he was the only one slightly in belief at their ‘true passionate love’.

Dale met my eyes and we both faked gagging as I unlinked my arm from hers and ran ahead with him.

“I can’t take any more of that,” he said, a horrified look across his face, “I just can’t.” I sniggered, slipping his larger hand into mine and pulling his forward.

“Food awaits! And then we can go back to the common room and finish our homework!”

"Shut the hell up Amelia."

___


“You cannot drink alcohol in here,” Hermione said, her eyes wide and mouth tense, “I mean it Ryan, I will give you detention!” I grinned from my place behind Hermione’s back next to George, deciding to keep my bottle of Vodka hidden far from her as much as possible.

“But Hermione, we’ve had a hard week.”

“No!”she half shrieked, “I will tell Professor McGonagall if you open that bottle.” He sighed over dramatically placing the fire whisky back on the table and glaring at the bushy haired heavily breathing girl in front of him.

“Hermione’s crazy.” George said quietly, his own eyes wide. I nodded, “Maybe she’s gone power crazy?” again I nodded, grinning as he turned to Ron, “Come on Ron, aren’t you gunna join in? Tell those naughty sixth years off!” I giggled, causing Ron’s ears to flush a light pink.

“Leave him alone George.”

“You never let me have any fun, and don’t even get me started on what Fred told me you said earlier!” I rolled my eyes, trying to stand and squealing as his arms wrapped around my hips, causing me to fall to the floor as I struggled.

“George you’re crushing me.” I gasped, giggles only making it harder to breathe.

“Take back what you said, stop being such a good student.”

“I just wanna pass, get off me you loser!”

“You’re turning into Hermione.” he pretended to sob, causing her to turn round at the mention of her name, her eyes rolling when she saw us collapsed on the floor.

“Honestly? Am I the only one that takes my education seriously?” She huffed, her bewitched knitting needles falling onto the small table as she stood, storming to her room.

We all went silent, most of the common room staring at her retreating back until Ryan suddenly stood and shouted, “My precious!” bringing the bottle to his chest and pretending to cry of happiness until normal conversation resumed.

“We’re gunna be hearing about this for ages now.” Harry complained, his eyes heavy as he leant back on the sofa, the still healing cuts on his hand visible and making me instantly want to hurt Umbridge more than ever.

“Yeah, can you guys just try not to piss her off so much?” Ron seconded, his face downtrodden, “You know what she gets like.” George let me go and I pulled myself up on the opposite sofa where Hermione had been perched.

“Fine,” I said, pulling my wand from my sleeve and performing a quick charm on the needles, causing them to resume their knitting. “We’ll wait till she isn’t around to get drunk.”

Ryan looked aghast, pouting, but sat next to me, Ron seeming like he was going to say something but shaking it off, muttering about how he was getting to bed and heading upstairs, Harry shortly after brushing past an unusually silent Seamus.

He was someone I was particularly irritated with. Seems he'd just agreed Harry was close to lunatic even after living with him for fours years. We'd had one harsh conversation and I'd managed to get myself ignored as well. Dean awkwardly nodding as he followed him.

“We’re still getting drunk right?” Ryan whispered to me and I nodded,

“Duh. But, Sarah’s....wherever,” None of us had seen Sarah as much all week, as another, stronger argument had broken out about the Prophet and it had appeared, thankfully, that everyone but her shared my views and so she had been spending a lot of time with a group of seventh years Ravenclaw’s and her cousin.

I missed her but I was still too stubborn and angry to try and make up.
I didn't like how much time I spent irritated at other people lately.

“Katie’s gone to bed cause they have Quidditch tomorrow and she’s already knackered from try-outs and Leanne said she's trying a new hair style or something painfully girlie.”

“Might just be me, you and Dale then,” he shrugged and explained, “Aaron said he isn’t leaving the library until he at least can do the spell from transfiguration. We can have a little party in our room, since we're obviously not woman enough.” I shook my head at his wink.

“Cormac will definitely tell Hermione,” he frowned, “Unless, we just go on one of your beds, We can use ‘Muffliato’ so Cormac can’t hear us.” The corners of his mouth lifted upwards, and turned to me, eyebrows raised,

“Two guys and you, all alone, in one bed...sexual.”

I chuckled, pushing him as I stood, “You wish.”

“Obviously, it’s been my life dream to have a threesome with you and Dale, not like I don’t see him naked enough as it is.” I laughed at his disgusted face, following him up the boy’s stairway and preparing myself for a horrible hung-over Saturday.

Sadly this was all more than usual.

___


“Well they did you drink then?” Katie told me off, glaring at me as I tiredly pulled some clothes on, following her down the stairs and out to the Quidditch pitch, “You knew you were getting up early to help me practise.”

She sighed at my yawns and passed her broom to me, “Just wait here, I’ll go get one of the rent brooms from the cupboard you bloody alcoholic.” I nodded weakly, waving a half-hearted goodbye and leaning against the wall of the pitch my eyes drooping, regretting everything.

Our practice consisted of me, unsteadily wavering in the air and charming the quaffle to travel in random directions at a faster than normal speed so she could test her agility. As always Katie nearly caught them all, she was good at Quidditch, but, she worried too much.

Eventually the other team members came out, Angelina first, her brow determined as she glared at the small gang of Slytherins that had sat at one end of the stadium, arriving just as I had landed, and already shouting insults at a nervous Ron.

Sadly they had reason too, it was dreadful, they were all so used to how Wood played that Angelina spent half of her time shouting at Ron to properly cover the hoops whilst Draco and his gang of twats jeered.

“I swear to Merlin Malfoy if you don’t shut your mouth!” He smirked as usual, leaving the safety of his goons and stalking to where I stood.

“If I don’t shut my mouth what?” he spat, trying to be intimidating, his hair, such a similar colour to mine only standing a couple of inches above me, his nose level with my eyes.

I smirked back at him, keeping eye contact until he eventually broke it, oh messing with Malfoy was entertaining.

“I heard you were causing trouble with Umbridge already,” he sneered, causing me to roll my eyes, “You want to be more careful Pelanci, making enemies with powerful people.”

“I’m terrified.” I said sarcastically, turning and facing the pitch again, wincing as Ron sent a quaffle straight into Katie’s face.

“You should be.” he continued, grabbing my arm and forcefully spinning me into his chest. “When everything works out how it should it will be muggle scum like you that gets hurt first, you can take my word for that...”

I swallowed, trying to plaster a smirk on my face, trying not to show how uncomfortable he was making me. "Are you threatening me Draco?"

“But,” he lowered his voice and I pulled my face away, watching as the team landed, Fred and George around Katie, “If Umbridge doesn’t get to you first, you know certain members of my family would be happy to oblige.” I froze, he had never threatened me with Bellatrix before, I didn’t even know that he knew.

He laughed harshly, “Not so tough now are you muggle?” I gritted my teeth, forcing my arm from his and storming onto the pitch, savagely stomping around it and heading towards the changing rooms, my throat clogging as I tried to stop the prickling of tears in my eyes.

“Bastard,” I muttered to myself, fighting the urge to run back and hex him to hell, “Stupid fucking prick.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, subscribing and recommending.

And thank you for the lovely comments :3