Sequel: Loonar

Hand Me Downs.

Dumbledore's army.

One thing I had never understood was why Fred and George had decided giving Harry the Marauders Map was a good idea. We may have known the passages but I still liked knowing how safe we were creeping around in the dark.

Although, it wasn’t something I did anywhere near as often as last year, when I had been dating this Ravenclaw seventh year (Rhys Forrest) and we wanted to spend an evening together, but still, with Umbridge lurking I definitely envied Harry, Ron and Hermione as they climbed out of the portrait, map grasped tightly in Harry’s fist.

“We better head off in a minute.” I muttered to Ryan who nodded, fidgeting as he did his laces just after Mine,

“I’m excited if I’m honest.”

“Looking forward to taking orders from Sergeant Potter then?” George asked, leaping over the back of the sofa and landing heavily next to me, Fred doing the same but choosing to land on me and crush me instead, only moving as my declarations of pain grew awkwardly loud.

“You’re such a loud person,” He observed, pulling a face before winking at me, “We like that. I can’t wait to see your face when you’re testing our fever fudge.” I pouted as they both, as always in sync, grinned widely at me and stood, one on either arm and pulling me upwards.

“I guess we’ll see you later then.” I said, the others offering their goodbyes to Leanne and Aaron, the former looking sheepish and not meeting my eye as we left.

We walked quite calmly through the hallways, ignoring the traditional route and taking a shortcut the twins had discovered and so arriving outside a large pair of dark wooden doors long before Neville and the others who had left the common room just before us.

“Well that definitely wasn’t there before.” Dale offered, a slight frown on his face as he looked up and down the hallway.

“Maybe you’re just forgetting things in your old age.” Ryan teased, stepping forward as George knocked hard on the door. Dale went to retort, after all, his birthday wasn’t until the next week but his voice was blurred from my hearing by the loud creak of the door, and the amazement that lay before us when they had opened completely.

“Wow.” Ron grinned at us as we entered, the door closing with a sharp click as we examined the room, it was huge, high ceilings in arches, bookcase upon bookcase of texts no doubt full of spells.

“A whole wall of dark detectors, handy.” I mumbled to myself, grabbing a cushion from the seemingly growing pile on the door and stting down as the room gradually filled.

Hermione began to speak, to control things, to put her strict regulations on the group. A name was decided, courtesy of Ginny and Harry gave one of his little speeches similar to that at Hogsmeade.

And then, we were off, practising expelliarmous of all things, simple once you got it but I was surprised how many people were having trouble. Well that was until I realised many were younger, and having the fake Moody the year before who made us do spells until we wanted to cry had given my fellow sixth years and I an advantage.

“You ever find it weird that the fake-Moody, taught us so many spells last year that we could have used against him?” I shrugged up at Dale who stood next to me, Ryan opposite him and Katie opposite to me as we spoke between shooting the spell at each other.

“He just wanted to see how far he could push it I reckon, cause as much chaos as possible.” Katie answered, catching me thinking and causing my wand to fling behind me into the wall.

“Nicely done.” I commented, summoning it and quickly doing the same to her, winking as she frowned.

The next hour passed quickly, and I was impressed by how much of the room having problems at the start ended well able to do the spell. Harry as well, he was confident, assertive. Mr Potter was most definitely growing up. After people complaining, e.g – Angelina about her almost romantic love for Quidditch the meeting finished and we agreed to meet up in a week.

“We’re heading to the kitchen, you in?” Fred whispered to me, his hand on my waist as he pulled me away from the others, my stomach growling and securing my answer.

“I’ll meet you guys in the common room in a bit!”

“Sure, we need to get started on that transfiguration essay tonight, bring cake.” Dale demanded.

“Or cookies.” Katie added, eyes wary up and down the hall as they headed off, “Anything sugary, we’re going to be up late.”

Ryan made what I assume was meant to be a sexual noise before winking at me and sliding his arm quickly around Katie’s waist. Until she slapped it off seconds later.

Dale’s laughter echoing as we headed off in the other direction.

The kitchen isn’t somewhere that many people know about, as, as with most of the secrets I know about Hogwarts, I know it courtesy of the tall redheads in front of me.

“What did you think then?” George asked randomly, eyes landing quickly on Fred’s hand still resting on my lower back.

“Well Harry knows what he’s on about, and well, anything he doesn’t you know Hermione will.”

“Hermione’s all book though,” Fred yawned stretching and removing his hand, my back growing cold instantly as we reached the portrait of the fruit bowl, “She knows everything, no doubt about that. But she doesn’t know as much practical stuff surely?” I shrugged.

“You shouldn’t underestimate her, you know Hermione could kick your arse in a dual.” He pulled a face at me, leaning forward and stroking his finger down the pear and grinning at us both as the portrait swung sideways and the bricks on either side ground as they swung inwards.

The house elves ran forward quickly, all grinning widely and the smell of food already cooking for morning wafting in the air and causing me to practically drool. “I have such a food fetish,” I half sang, accepting a plate of random deserts from an elf and smiling at how embarrassed they became as I thanked them.

“You ever think Hermione has a point with her whole SPEW thing?” I pondered, turning to a close elf, “Has anyone taken the hats?” The elf looked awkward, twisting its long fingered hands,

“We do not clean the Gryffindor common room Miss, it is an offense to be tricked. D...Dobby is the elf who takes on the duty,” I frowned, but nodded, asking quickly where Dobby was and jumping as a loud crack announced his appearance.

“I miss apparating everywhere,” Fred moaned, mouth full of cake, George nodded, almost stuffing himself with food.

“Manners really don’t run in your family do they?” I scoffed, turning to a grinning Dobby who looked like he was wearing every deformed hat Hermione had made this year.

“How are you?”

“Very well Miss, I hope the room of requirement was acceptable?” I felt my eyes widen slightly and the twins stop eating,

“You told Harry about that?” He nodded bashfully, “Good work Dobby, it’s brilliant.” He let out a little giggle before hopping from the table and disappearing into the mass of elves.

I turned back to the twins, pulling apart a small cupcake and jamming some in my mouth, “And you say we don’t have manners,” George complained, crumbs bursting from his mouth and onto the table as he spoke.

I snorted leading to me coughing as a crumb tried to bury its way into my lungs.
Of course, this set the two off in hysterical laughter.

“It’s not funny,” I croaked, face bright red and eyes watering, my voice breaking with every word, “I could have died.”

They plastered a sincere look across their faces, the smirks causing cracks in their façade. I stuck my tongue out at them, standing and making a pile of diabetes inducing food.

This transfiguration essay was not going to be easy, and my brilliant plan of being up to date or even early with work had failed less than two months into the school year.

“Can you guys help me carry all this?” I asked, plastering on a pout and widening my eyes as close as possible.

“We can get you a bag Miss,” a house-elf proclaimed, vanishing and reappearing quickly with a brown paper bag, I thanked her again, placing the food gently in.

The twins stood, George still shovelling food in his mouth, “Thanks guys,” Fred called, going to the door and tickling the pear on the identical portrait, bowing low and indicating for me to leave first as the wall folded away to reveal the hall outside. I giggled, shaking my head at him but stepping out first, “Why thank you kind sir.”

“Tis all in a day’s work m’lady,” he continued, offering me his arm overdramatically, chuckling as I slid my free hand through, landing on his surprisingly large bicep.

“I always forget with how much you guys eat that you’re actually quite hench.”

“What on Earth is ‘hench?” I laughed, it was a muggle word, something I had picked up from magazines and those over dramatic soaps that played in the evening.

“It means… toned, buff, a bit muscular.” We continued back to the common room, both looking rather smug and pleased with them selves.

I was just jealous at how much they ate for how they looked; my favourite pair of jeans were definitely a bit tighter than they had been at the start of the summer.
Perhaps, I would finally accept Leanne’s invitation to join her in her weird little workout routine she did each morning.

I was drawn from my thoughts when we stopped moving suddenly, “I can hear someone,” Fred whispered, hot breath on my ear, we froze, small footsteps echoing from down the corridor. “Run.” He hissed and we started off, the footsteps growing more rapid, closer.

“In here,” George demanded, pulling Fred towards a door, our arms became unlinked and I threw the bag of food at him, “Wait Amelia just..” and slammed the door in his face.

Whatever teacher it was was going to catch someone, and they had a lot more marks against their name than me.

I regretted my sacrifice just seconds later as a wand lit up, a small figure, wrapped as always in too tight pink fabric, a small squashed face smirking at me.

“Miss Pelanci…” she began, her ton happy at having caught me, “Why exactly are you parading around the school at this time?” I bit my lip, glancing down a couple of metres at the broom cupboard the Wesley’s were hidden in.

“Just fancied a walk,” I said, almost wincing at how poor an excuse it was, she giggled that little giggle, sending shivers up my spine.

“Now, don’t assume I am stupid Miss Pelanci,” her tone became darker, “Now, what were you really doing? Skulking around?”

I shook my head, “I… was going to see my friend in another house.”

“Going into another houses’ common rooms is not allowed.” I thought the urge to roll my eyes, instead nodding at her, “And I shall not have students…” she flicked her hands upwards, “Copulating around the school.”

I almost burst, placing my hand over my mouth to stifle my giggles, accepting my week of detentions silently, scared of my laughter breaking out.

She left after some more scolding, more huffing, her chubby fingers heavy with rings waving me off. I stopped around the next corner, doubling over as the laugher finally shook me, her face.

Oh god.

The twins appeared a few minutes later when it was safe, both asking me what had happened, only able to hear a blur of speech from their position.

“Umbridge thinks I’m a slut,” I giggled, finally on our way back to the Common Room, accepting the bag of food back from Fred,

“What?!” They looked slightly offended, not sure why I was finding it funny rather than being aggravated.

“You didn’t see her face. Oh.. it was the best thing I have ever seen in my life.”

“You need help.”

__________________

“You better enjoy it, I got a week of detention with frog face for you guys,” I complained, putting he bag on the table and sitting down heavily next to Ryan, flopping my head against his shoulder.

“Poor baby,” he teased, moving his text book so I could see it.

Our attempt at work failed, leading, as anyone else would have predicted into what we always did. Sitting around making fun of each other and eating.

“Amelia,” a voice shouted, and I finally pulled myself up, leaning over so I could see over the back of the sofa, noticing it was George I grinned and scrambled very ungracefully up, making my way over to him, for once without Fred.

“Yes darling?” I asked, sitting on the chair next to him.

“What time do you finish tomorrow?” I bit my lip thinking,

“I have a study session at two, but…yeah, the rest of my classes are before that, so I’m around…what for?”

“We need some more supplies, so I need to go into Hogsmeade, you wanna come?” I nodded instantly,

“Why isn’t Fred coming?” he shrugged, changing the topic quickly and leaving me suspicious.

“It will be nice anyway,” I concluded, switching back to why he had originally called me over, “We don’t hang out much just me and you at school.” He nodded, holding my gaze for a few seconds too long, making me feel the same strange way I had before, when we had spoken about Draco.

“Can I ask you something?” he said, his voice strange, I nodded, furrowing my brow, “Angelina… well… you know Angelina has feelings for Fred?” I shook my head, surprisingly shocked.

“Does she? Since when?”

“Really? You didn’t notice?” I shook my head, thinking through all the times I had seen them speaking, had I not picked up on it? “Wow,” he laughed quite loudly, “You’re really oblivious.” I shrugged, turning back to him.

“Why does that affect me though?”

“You aren’t bothered?” he sounded strange and I nodded.

“Of course not, but now you’ve said it it actually makes sense.” I snorted, “Does he like her?” George shrugged, a smirk on his face,

“Well she thinks you like him,” I giggled.

“No… of course I don’t. Fred is… Fred,” I crinkled my nose, “Can you imagine me and Fred as a couple. It would be horrific… your poor mother would lose her mind.” He grinned widely, causing a similar expression to appear on my own face.

“So basically Angelina wants me to back off?” he nodded, and I rolled my eyes, “I swear she just plans to steal all my friends. Don’t let her take you away as well!” I pointed at him as I stood.

“Never.” He declared and I leant down, hugging him quickly,

“I’m heading up to bed in a bit anyway, me and Leanne are gunna work out,” I raised my arms, my voice high, “So exciting.”

“Don’t hurt yourself,” he teased, going back to whatever he was doing.

“I’ll do my best. But you know how ruthless Leanne is with crap like this.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the delay!

But lots of Weasleys ;)

Comments would be great.

Thankyou for reading!!