You'd Kill for Me, I'd Die for You.

Whatever, Hick.

The red, yellow, and brown leaves softly crunched under my feet as I took in my surroundings. The cool autumn air filled my lungs, then was let back out with a sigh. The woods here were dense, not what I was used to. It also didn’t help that I was quite possibly the worst tracker on the face of the planet. But that was why I was out here, wasn’t it? To get better.

I adjusted my quiver on my back. I didn’t have many arrows in it. Wasn’t really expecting to find anything out here, if I was honest. It was my first time out since we moved here anyway. It was more of an adventure, getting the lay of the land. And it made my dad happy to know that all the time he spent training me with a bow wasn’t going to go to waste.

I practiced all the time with it, along with every other weapon he deemed necessary for me to know how to wield. Such was the life of a hunters daughter. He needed to know that I knew how to take care of myself when he left me to go on ‘jobs’. He was a hunter, but he wasn’t a normal hunter, he hunted the things that went bump in the night. Monsters, if you will.

Ever since my mom was taken from us by a demon, he just hadn’t been the same. I was only five at the time. But shortly after it happened he started his work, making me into a fine tuned solder. He wouldn’t take me with him on jobs, I did more of the book work, researching how to kill things.

He’d decided that dragging me around in the ol’ Nova wasn’t a life for a kid. He’d bought a hunting cabin in the North Georgia mountains, and that was where I was meant to stay while he was away. So I could hopefully gain some sliver of normalcy.

I was homeschooled, so it wasn’t like I was going to get a lot of human interaction out in butt fuck nowhere. But it was nice not having to worry if I was going to have my heart ripped out of my chest and eaten by a werewolf every time I closed my eyes to sleep.

Sometimes I hated that this was my life, I wanted to be normal, like all the other kids. But sometimes, like now for instance, I was content in the cards I’d been dealt. How many other 13-year-old girls could say they knew how to properly wield a bow? Now that I thought about it, there were probably lots around here. Dad had moved us into the middle of hick land.

I stopped trying to be quiet and just kept on my merry way. Happily crunching leaves and sticks under my feet. I wasn’t finding anything, that much was clear. I wasn’t really in the mood to kill anything.

I noticed a squirrel high up in a tree out of the corner of my eye. I raised an eyebrow as a smirk took over my face. I drew an arrow, placed it in my bow, and drew back. Lining up my sights just slightly off. I wasn’t in the mood to kill anything, no. But that didn’t mean I wasn’t in the mood to fuck with it.

“Well, that’s somethin’ ya don’t see every day,” a male voice sounded from behind me.

I instantly turned on my heal, bow still up and ready. Only now it was aimed between this strangers eyes. My smirk was gone, I tensed up, ready for anything. It was hard to sneak up on me, I was surprised I hadn’t heard him approaching.

He had a cocky look on his face, half a smirk. Blue eyes laughing at me, “princess with a bow.”

I scoffed, not lowering my weapon. I was hardly a princess. Old ripped jeans, a slightly too big flannel shirt, and black biker boots. My dark hair lazily pulled up in a messy bun. Yeah, I bet I looked like royalty. Though after taking in his appearance, maybe I did fit the bill. He looked a little older then me, t-shirt with the sleeves ripped off, old jeans lazily tucked into work boots, and covered in dirt. My first hick sighting.

“Ya just gonna aim that at my head all day or what?” he shifted, resting his crossbow against his shoulder. The lightness in his tone was mocking, and it was definitely pissing me off.

“I’m not a princess,” I stated as I lowered my bow, I turned to leave.

He chuckled, “darlin’ I doubt you even know how to use that.”

I stopped, closed my eyes, took a deep breath. If this idiot didn’t think I could use a bow, he was sadly mistaken.

I just listened to my surroundings, hoping he wouldn’t make anymore noise, unless it was to walk away. And there it was, a soft rustling a short distance away.

I pulled back on my bow, opening my eyes as I turned back around. I set my sights on the little ball of fluff in the distance and released my arrow.

“Jesus!” he yelped, jumping out of the way, the arrow barely missing him.

I’d hit my target. With a smirk I sauntered over to the hare, I’d gotten him in the back of the head. A clean shot, it was my lucky day.

I picked up my prise and started to walk in the direction I believed home to be in, “whatever, hick.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So… yeah. I wanted Charlie to kinda be Daryls equal, so I decided to take her in a different direction then I’ve seen other peoples stories go. I love Supernatural, so why not make her a hunter, right? Right.