You'd Kill for Me, I'd Die for You.

Let’s get ya home then

I subtly adjusted my breasts as I got off the back of Scraps’ bike. My heals clicking as they hit the pavement. I was dressed to impress tonight, and I was workin’ it. I desperately wanted Scraps to like me. He was the typical cool older guy with a motorbike and a bad reputation. I’d seen him around town, and was completely smitten. When he’d asked me to come to the bar with him tonight I didn’t have to think twice about it.

Though, maybe I should have. Yes, I had fake IDs up the ying yang. But I was still nervous, 18 and my first time at a bar. I wanted to make the best impression I possibly could. My makeup was flawless, hair in perfect curls, blood red heals I could easily break my neck in, and a cute little black dress that hugged my curves in all the right places. I usually wasn’t overly confident in the way I looked, but tonight I was all confidence. Head held high.

I followed Scraps through the door, and breathed a sigh of relief when no one even looked my way. I’d been a ball of nerves, thinking about how embarrassed I’d be if they’d turned me away. Scraps would never look at me again. Hell, no one would probably want to risk being seen with me if it’d happened.

Someone in the back called to Scraps as we walked further into the building, and we made our way over. The place was loud, the music was good though. People were playing pool and darts, some dancing. I took a deep breath, the smoky air filling my lungs. I didn’t smoke myself, but for some reason I loved the smell of smoke.

We took a seat at a table, with other guys I’d seen Scraps hanging around with. They greeted each other and informed Scraps of their previous conversation, to keep him in the loop. No one really acknowledge me, nor did Scraps make to introduce me. I was a little put off by it. But then again he was a ‘bad boy’, maybe it just meant that I had to try a little harder?

I took a leap of faith and slowly placed my hand on his upper thy, and moved it closer to his groin. That got his attention. He flashed me that hundred dollar smile, and placed his hand on mine. My heart swelled, he was too perfect. Dark brown eyes, tousled brown hair, lusciously kissable lips. Ugh, those lips, I’d been fantasizing about them all day.

“Guys, this is Charlie,” they nodded at me, saying hi. Scraps wrapped his arm around my shoulder, “aint she cute.”

I could feel a hot blush creep over my cheeks. Butterflies went crazy in my stomach. I could not believe this was happening to me! He thinks I’m cute, could it get better than that? I couldn’t imagine.

Scraps slipped me a twenty dollar bill, “wanna get us some drinks?”

I nodded, eager to please, “sure, want anything in particular?”

He flashed that smile again, making my knees week, “surprise me.”

He winked and sent me off with a tap on my bum. I couldn’t help but giggle. Finally, my life was becoming normal. I hadn’t heard from my dad in a while though, not that it wasn’t becoming common. But sometimes it would be nice to know he wasn’t dead somewhere in a shallow grave, if even.

I got him a Jack and Coke, he seemed that kinda of guy. And I got myself a white Russian, I was just in the mood for one. As the bar matron went about fixing our drinks I was startled by a loud whistle across the room. I had no doubt about whom it come from.

I turned and looked over at the pool tables, and there he was, Daryl in all his glory. I had to admit, he cleaned up good. No visible dirt or grease from his truck on him, a shirt with sleeves0 -that was a rare occurrence it seemed.

We’d become closer since that first day in the woods. We hunted together occasionally, even ‘played’ and had fun when his brother wasn’t around. I considered him a good friend, the only one I really ever had.

I smiled and flipped him off, before grabbing my drinks and calling out to him; “hick.”

He laughed as he called after me, “princess.”

If it had been anyone else in this bar whistling and calling me ‘princess’, I would have had a huge problem. But I knew Daryl was just joking. ‘Hick’ and ‘princess’ had become our pet names for each other. It drove me crazy in the beginning, which he intended. But once I just accepted that he was going to be a dick and call me it no matter what I did, I just got used to it.

I made my way back over to Scraps and his gang. Scraps pulled me into his lap and took his drink. It was like fire where he touched me. All of my senses were going crazy, I wanted him so desperately. I managed to contain myself as I casually sipped my Russian and listened to their conversation.

As the night went on, Scraps ordered us various drinks. All of which I was determined to finish. I had to; I didn’t want him to think I was a pussy. Though, the more I drank the more I grew tired of his company. I was more or less ignored and all they talked about was their bikes. Which was fine in the beginning, but they needed to change the subject once in a while. I found myself rolling my eyes and getting lost looking into my various drinks.

I looked across the room to the pool tables, longing to go over and see Daryl. I knew he wouldn’t ignore me. I didn’t want to put off Scraps though. I was becoming conflicted. Sit here and be bored, or go over to my best friend and salvage what was left of this dull night?

I took one last swig of the newest beer Scraps had bought me, and got up off his lap. He seemed a little startled because he instantly looked up at me, confusion written all over his face. I giggled and brazenly pressed a small kiss on his cheek.

“Bathroom,” I nodded towards the doors.

He nodded in understanding, “don’t be too long in there.”

I smiled as I made my way over, because I wouldn’t want to miss out on their thrilling conversations? I just thanked god that the pool tables where nice and close to the bathroom. I could make my escape. I really did have to pee, so my escape would have to wait a couple of minutes.

I was surprised by how clean the washroom actually was, all be it small. I still hated using public washrooms. You’d think with all the years of traveling I’d done with my father that I’d be used to them. But no, I still hovered whenever possible. It was certainly hard to keep my balance this time though. I think I’d passed my limit a couple beers ago.

The door opening startled me into sitting down awkwardly to do my business. Heals clicked into the bathroom, as two other ladies stopped in front of the mirror. The room was cramped enough that I could see their feet, they had a nice taste in shoes. I wouldn’t have paid them any attention normally, but they were discussing Daryl. Oddly enough a weird feeling erupted in my stomach and moved up into my chest, and it wasn’t vomit.

I hurried up and excited the stall, stopping to wash my hands, ending their conversation. I didn’t want to hear them talk about my friend like that! It just didn’t sit well with me. I’d never seen Daryl with a woman in the few years I’d known him. It wasn’t something either of us really talked about though. The thought of him with someone else just ignited something in me. I knew I wasn’t going back to Scraps tonight. These ladies had made my mind up for me completely.

I sauntered over to Daryl, smiling cheerfully. He raised an eyebrow questioningly at me, but smiled all the same. His friends didn’t pay me any attention; I’d met a few of them before in town. So they didn’t seem surprised that I’d come over to say hi. With them I didn’t feel I was being ignored, when we made eye contact they’d give me a small nod.

“Can I play?” I asked Daryl hopefully.

He chuckled, “I duno can ya?”

“You know what I mean, ya dink,” I tried to look stern with him. But by his reaction I could tell I was failing.

“Someone’s had a bit too much to drink, eh princess?” he threw his arm lazily around my shoulder and handed me his pool cue.

His weight made me stumble slightly, readjusting myself. I shrugged as I took the stick from him, so what if I had drunk too much? It wasn’t something I did regularly, nor was it really his concern. I accessed the table, seeing where all the balls were, “are we stripes or solids?”

“Strips,” he grunted before continuing, “from what I saw ya didn’t even drink that much. I’m kinda disappointed.”

I huffed and walked out from under his arm, leaning over the table to line up my shot. I could feel the hem of my short dress going up further then I would have liked. But the alcohol was making me care less about that than normal, and more about Daryl than normal.

I shrugged off the thought and went on with that I was doing. I could feel eyes on my behind though. I giggled as I hit the white ball, sinking the two I’d been going for. I stood back up and adjusted my dress as I searched out my next move.

I made my next two shots, winning the game for us. I smiled triumphantly and tossed the stick back to him, “I play better drunk then you do moderately sober, hick.”

He smiled playfully, “thems’ fightin’ words, woman.”

I smiled as one of Daryl’s friends gathered up the balls to play another game. I was about to make my way back around the table to Daryl, as two hands found their way around my waste. I was startled when I looked up at who it was, I’d almost managed to completely forget about Scraps.

Scraps had a certain look on his face, and it wasn’t happy, “mind if I join in?”

“Sure,” Daryl said, not looking at all like he meant it, “I’ll play against ya.”

And so it began, I wasn’t really sure why they were acting like that. But I wasn’t sure of a lot of things at that moment. Like why I’d liked Scraps so much, he was so boring. Why had I let him get me so drunk? Why hadn’t I come over to hang out with Daryl sooner? Why had those girls made me jealous? I had lots of questions, but no answers as I watched the boys play pool.

Scraps was gradually getting a little more frisky then I was comfortable with between turns, making sure to touch me as much as possible. It was making me feel a little embarrassed in front of Daryl. I was trying to politely tell him to stop, but enough was becoming enough. He was making me feel dirty now.

“Scraps,” I took his hand off of my ass, and dropped it, “fuck off, thanks.”

I walked over to the other side of the table where Daryl had just made his shot, missing the ball. I assumed I had distracted him. I caught a glimpse of his face, and he didn’t look all too impressed. And neither did Scraps for that matter.

“There a problem, Char?” Daryl’s voice was gruff, he didn’t look away from Scraps.

I shook my head, ‘no.’ I didn’t want to start anything. I just wanted to have a good Saturday night with my friends. And this twit was ruining it; it made me sick that I had been so love struck by him. He was just a normal guy, nothing spectacular.

I supposed it was my lack of attention from the opposite sex that brought it upon me. I had only ever had one other guy show interest in me. It was one of my dad’s hunter friends sons. Dean, the thought of him still brought goose bumps all over my skin. He and his brother stayed with my father and I for a brief stint when I was 16. It didn’t take much for him to get in my pants. I was an awkward virgin; no experience with a guy what so ever. But he seemed to know just what he was doing. And he was the only guy until Scraps to show me attention.

“Why don’t we go back to the table, Charlie?” Scraps was glaring daggers at Daryl. Not even trying to be subtle now.

I sighed, but Daryl spoke up before I could, “why don’t ya go back to yer table then? Charlie’s a big girl, can make decisions herself. Obviously she didnt want to sit with ya, or she wouldn’t have come over to me.”

My heart was racing; he was standing up for me. I just looked over at Scraps and smirked. I had the best best friend in the world. My stomach erupted in butterflies when Daryl slung his arm around my shoulder. Similar to the way Scraps had made me feel earlier, but this was better. This felt right to me. Looking back at it, nothing had really felt as I’d hoped when Scraps was touching me.

“No one asked what your opinion was, so mind your own fucking business you back woods hillbilly faggot,” Scraps spat.

I felt Daryl go ridged. There was absolutely no reason for that to have been said. Daryl had been quite tame. But that crossed lines, serious fucking lines.

Daryl’s arm fell from my shoulders, and he took a step forward shielding me from Scraps, “ya wanna say that to me again?”

His tone was dangerous. It might have been the alcohol, but I felt a pang of fear run through me. This was just out of hand. I wanted to tell them both to stop, and make Daryl find me a drive home. But something kept my mouth shut and my feet glued to the floor.

“Poor hearing, hick? Must be all that imbre-“ Scraps didn’t even have the chance to finish his insult, before Daryl’s pool cue was swung across the table into Scraps’ jaw.

And that was it. Daryl was on Scraps in seconds, a crowd gathered, no one tried to help or stop the fight that was ensuing. It was a good show for these guys. I was just in shock; hand over my mouth in horror as Daryl’s fist collided with scraps’ face over and over. The sound was enough to make me sick. I could hardly breathe as I watched.

Finally the bouncer made his way through the crowd. He was a big guy, looked like he was made for his job. He made easy work of pulling Daryl off and restraining him, he walked him outside. The bouncer remained calm as a cucumber as Daryl squirmed around in his grasp, shouting every insult under the sun at Scraps. I came to my senses, legs finally snapping back to life as I followed Daryl and the bouncer out the door.

Once outside the man let go of Daryl, and just stood in front of the door, implying that he was not getting back into the bar. Daryl’s mouth had stopped running, but he was still breathing heavily. Clearly still very pissed off, he pulled out his pack of smokes and quickly got one lit. I could see with his first drag that it was having the desired effect, calming him down.

He looked over at me, a little disgust showing in his eyes, “ya seriously like that prick?”

His look hit me hard, my heart was racing and I felt sick yet again. I just wanted to sit down and cry. I had to look down at my feet, shame washed all over me, as I muttered out a week, “no.”

I couldn’t look up at him, not even when I heard him let out a heavy sigh. I was startled when he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him. He smelled like musk and wood smoke, it was possibly the best thing I had ever smelled in my life. I rested my head against his chest.

“Let’s get ya home then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, a big thanks to my 7 subscribers. And even bigger thanks to cap’n crash for the comment!

Sorry this is so long… I didn’t intend it to be, but I just couldn’t stop writing.