Fight the Tears With Pretty Smiles and Lies

Love At First Sight

It’s my first day of school as a senior, and I’ve already fallen in love. I’ve never met or seen this guy before, but I can tell he’s the one already. Just something about him has attracted me quickly.

Let’s back up just a bit and explain how this happened. Ok, first you should know I have one friend. My best friend, named Mikey. He’s only a sophomore, but he’s the best. I can tell him anything. Well, almost everything. Anyways, I only ever talk to him in school though. So, I get to school that morning and meet Mikey at the front entrance. Seeing as I only ever see him in school, we haven’t seen each other all summer so I give him a big hug. And that’s when I see him. My true love. He’s dressed in a band tee and jeans. He has black hair that just reaches his shoulders and he’s a little on the pale side. I can’t help but think of him as beautiful, because he really is.

I finish hugging Mikey.

“Who’s that?” I ask.

“Nice to see you too,” says Mikey. “I see you missed me so much during the summer.”

“Sorry,” I said, looking at him apologetically.

“It’s ok,” he said. “Now who are you talking about?”

I nod my head to the left. He’s sitting against the wall a short distance from us.

“Him,” I said.

Mikey laughs a little.

“What?” I ask, tearing my gaze away from my love to look at Mikey.

“That’s my brother,” said Mikey simply. I feel my jaw drop and look at the guy and then back at Mikey.

“You have a brother?” I ask. “How come you never told me?”

“Because you never asked,” said Mikey. “You want to meet him?”

“No,” I say kind of quickly. Then, “Maybe some other time. What’s his name?”

“Gerard,” Mikey said. I not only loved Gerard, I loved his name too.

“What grade is he in?” I asked.

“Twelfth,” Mikey said. “Same as you.”

“How come I’ve never seen him before?” I asked.

“Well, he was a senior last year,” Mikey said. “But he failed, so he’s stuck here another year.”

“Ah,” I said. That made sense. I looked at Gerard and saw that he was now watching Mikey and me. Our eyes locked for a second before I looked away. I could feel myself blush slightly. I had to meet him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well..here's the first chapter ^_^ Tell me what you think.
~Sally