Fight the Tears With Pretty Smiles and Lies

"I need them."

A few days later, I decided to stay the night with Gerard. When I got there, I found him in his bed, paler than usual and sweaty.

"Gerard," I said, going to his side. "Are you alright?"

"No," he groaned.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Drugs," he said. He looked at me pitifully. "I need them."

I looked at him sadly.

"You don't need them," I said. I brushed some hair out of his face. "You can make it through this, and I'll be here for you until you do."

Gerard frowned slightly, before giving me a weak smile.

"Thanks," he said. He took my hand and kissed it.

I smiled at him.

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

"Some water, I guess," he said. "I am so fucking thirsty."

"Ok," I said. "I'll be right back."

I ran upstairs and got some water from the kitchen. When I got back to Gerard's room, I found him sitting up on his bed, a blanket wrapped tightly around him.

I handed him the glass of water, which he gladly accepted. He sipped it slowly before setting it on the table next to his bed.

"Come sit with me," he said. I smiled and climbed into Gerard's open arms and under the blanket. He wrapped his arms around me, covering us both with the blanket. I returned the embrace and Gerard rested his cheek on the top of my head. I sighed contentedly.

"You know," said Gerard. "I don't know what I would do without you."

I smiled.

"I don't know what I'd do without you," I said back. Gerard laughed lightly and held me tighter. I never wanted this moment to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
How about some comments! :D
~Sally