Fight the Tears With Pretty Smiles and Lies

"Thank you for the ride."

All of the first week of school I spent obsessing over Gerard. I had a few classes with him, but unfortunately couldn’t watch him for an entire class. He always sat in the back, and I normally sat around the middle. So if I had wanted to watch him, I would have looked ridiculous and it would have been way to obvious that I was in fact staring at him.

On Friday, I offered to give Mikey a ride home after school.

“Let me give you a ride home, Mikey,” I said to him, as we were walking toward the front entrance.

“Why?” he asked. “Gerard brings me home and it’s easier that way. We do live in the same house.”

“So?” I said. “Come on. Please let me bring you home.”

“Seriously,” Mikey said. “Why do you want to bring me home?”

“I want to spend some time with my best friend,” I said. I was really hoping that Mikey would invite me inside or I’d see Gerard or something. “We can stop and get some ice cream if you want.”

“Ok,” he said. “You can bring me home, but we’ll have to get ice cream another time because my mom wants me to go straight home.”

“Great,” I said, smiling at him. I linked my arm with his and walked us outside.

“Hold on,” said Mikey as we got closer to my car. He started to pull me to the left and I saw he was heading over to Gerard who was leaning against what I could only assume was his car.

“Hey Gee,” said Mikey. “Allie’s giving me a ride home.”

He looked at me for a second and I could feel my heart start racing. He then looked at Mikey.

“She does know that we live in the same house and it would just be easier for me to bring you home, right?” said Gerard.

“Yeah,” Mikey said. “But she wouldn’t take no for an answer. She’s a bit stubborn.”

Gerard looked at me again and I smiled shyly.

“Fine,” said Gerard. He opened the driver’s side door of his car. “See you when you get home.”

Gerard got in his car and closed the door. My arm still being linked with Mikey’s, I started pulling him back towards my car. I was so happy right now. Gerard had looked at me. I almost didn’t want to give Mikey a ride home now because I was so happy. But it probably would look weird if I told him I wasn’t going to give him a ride home now. So we both got into my car and Mikey gave me directions to his house. When we reached Mikey’s house, I parked next to the curb.

“Well,” said Mikey, opening his door. “Thank you for the ride.”

“Your welcome,” I said. Mikey looked at his house and then back at me.

“I’d invite you in but we’re having family over,” he said. “Do you want to come over tomorrow?”

“I finally get to come to your house?” I asked jokingly. Mikey laughed.

“Yeah,” he said. “If you want.”

“Well then,” I said. “I will see you tomorrow.”

“Ok,” said Mikey. “Come over around noon.”

“Will do,” I said. “Bye Mikey.

Mikey got out of the car.

“Bye,” he said before closing the door. I watched him go inside his house then drove back to my own home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback please?
~Sally