Fight the Tears With Pretty Smiles and Lies

Left Behind

I knocked on the Ways' front door the next day. Mikey opened it.

"Is he sober?" I asked. Mikey nodded and I pushed past him without another word. I headed for the basement door and pulled it open, going down the stairs, into Gerard's room. He was resting on his bed, his hands behind his head. He turned his head slightly to look at me as I reached the last step and he sat up. We stared at each other for a moment before I finally spoke.

"Why did you do that last night?" I asked. "You promised me you were done."

"I'm really sorry, Allie," he said.

"That's all you have to say?" I asked. "You told me yourself that I was more important to you than the drugs. That obviously doesn't seem to be the case."

"Don't say that Allie," he said. "You know I love you."

"Do I?" I said. "I'm not too sure of that. You have an odd way of showing it."

"It was a moment of weakness," Gerard said. "I promise you it won't happen again."

I shook my head.

"I don't think I can trust you," I said. "Who's to say it's not going to happen again?"

"I am," he said. I shook my head again.

"I'm sorry Gerard," I said. I came over to him so that I was standing in front of him. He was still sitting on his bed. I leaned down till my lips touched his softly. I stood back up and place my hand on his pale cheek. "I'll always love you."

"Don't do this Allie," he said. He knew what was coming.

"I can't be with you when I can't trust you," I said. I let my hand slide off his face as I backed away from him. I felt tears building up.

"Please Allie," Gerard said. I could hear the hurt in his voice. I turned away and rushed up the stairs as my tears escaped my eyes. Mikey was waiting for me when I was back upstairs in the hallway. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him, pressing my face into his shoulder. He immediately hugged me back.

"Are you going to be ok, Allie?" he asked. I shook my head as best as I could. I let go of Mikey and stepped toward the front door.

"I'm going home now," I said. I wiped my face, but it was pointless since I was still crying. "Call me later, ok?"

"Of course," Mikey said. I turned and left the house, leaving my true love behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, this is the last one. And I'm very happy about that. lol It was different, writing a prequel. :P Obviously, the sequel was posted before this was even written, so if you would like, check out the sequel which I liked better than this :P.
Any last comments??
~Sally