Love the heartless King

The Ball

The moment Lous arrived at the palace she hurriedly dashed to her room soaking the velvet carpet floors and ignoring the shouts of the servants for ruining the well polished floor. She could already here the music and the chatter of men and women.
Great, the party has started and she is late. Avoiding to splash more water in the carpet she took the servants stairs and a few feet away is her room. But apparently she bumped into her brother. double damn
"Lousiana where the hell have you been?! We have been looking everywhere for you?! And look at you! If Father sees you!" Morgan started reprimanding her
"But I-----"
"LOUSIANA!"
Lousiana was momentarily cut off by the booming voice of her Father. She swore under her breath for being late and caught on the act. If her Father is the sweetest and kindest among any other kings in the country, he can also be the scariest. Taking a deep breath and trying herself not to tremble infront of her father she gave him a tight and almost normal voice
"Father"
"Do not Father me Lousiana! You were away for the whole bloody day and I have to make a total embarassment of myself to our visitors just to excuse you! Any you came home stripping wet, late and soaking the carpeted floor with your disastrous state! Where in Merlin's name can we even look at you?! You're always out. Hunting and doing god-know-what-you-are-doing. It is not right! That is not how a princess should act!"
"Father contain yourself. It will not be good for your health." Prince Morgan said worrying over the health of his father and glaring at an almost teary-eyed Lousiana. He sighed. when can her sister ever accept that she is a princess?
"Forgive me father for my unprincess and childish actions" Lous said even though in the very core she wanted to scream. Being a princess is the last thing on her wind " I just carried away and that blastly rain has to double my tardiness"
"You should be sorry! After all----" King George stopped when he saw her daughter cringed and a look of hurt passed in her face. He softened, knowing he had gone too far. Truthfully, he can never stay mad at his children. They are his treasures. His glory and his only memory of his beloved wife. Specially his dear Lousiana, the exact copy of her wife.
"I'm sorry Lousiana. I know I am not the best father you can have and I don't know how to lead princesses. I wish your mother is here, she knows what she will do.You just have to change your ways from now on. You are growing up and soon you'll be marrying a prince or perhaps a king." King George explained. Knowing he have to brought this subject about marriage
"I understand Father, I am sorry too." Lous said looking at his father's twinkling eyes. The reason why her mother loved his father dearly. with jut one look of those can easily capture a woman's heart.
"Now, come. You have little time to prepare for the ball." King George said "I bought the most beautiful dress in the kingdom and i know you will adore it. Morgan please escort your sister. I still have to attend our visitors."
Morgan obeyed his father and escorted to her room, which is rather unnecessary since Lous' s room is a few feet away. They ordered the chamber maids to help her get clean and fresh.
King George was right. It was the most beautiful dress she laid her eyes upon. It was full flowing and stylish designs and as she wears it, it fits perfectly to her curves. making her look divine and attractive
She put on light makeup and some glittery effects in her temples. Her hair is in a loose braid. King George knock on the door and came in.He saw his daughter and felt completely proud .
"Lousiana, you look just like your mother Rachel." King George complimented but cant hide the sadness in his eyes.

"Thank you father and Im sure mother is happy right now. She is with God in heaven and she is our angel guiding us." Lous said although she knew tears are starting to form.

Her father fastens a sapphire necklace around her neck. It is big heart shaped and on its sides are very beautifuk designs

"Rachel told me before she died to give this to you. She wanted you to have it and pass it on to your future daughter or daughter-in-law. it has been in the family for centuries."

"It's beautiful." Lous murmured 'I miss her"

"we all do sweetheart" King George said patting his daughter's shoulder. It has been years since the tragic death of Queen Rachel but it the wound inside their hearts are still fresh.

There was a moment of silence until Lous break the ice

"Did I messed up when our guests arrived? were they angry at me?" Lous asked

"No, no need to worry. Your lucky they were tired or else they would be really angry. Give your best to impress them" King George said hoping Lous would be in her best behavior

Lous groaned and rolled her eyes. These scenes are too familiar to her. "Is the King courting me?Or are you planning to arrange me to the King?"

King George sat still. Knowingly her daughter is clever to find out the truth easily. Its not worth to try t lie for once

"No. The King and his family are just visiting. Besides, it is a way to tell the people he is the new King of Beltemort." King George said. Lousiana is eyeing him skeptically and knows she doesnt buy the excuse. Diverting the subject to another. "You could had seen your cousin Rosella squeek when the King talked to her."

Lous lifts an eyebrow and in a flash Princess Rosella of Seamingland barged inside her room

"Lous!!! You---oh, I-im sorry" Princess Rosella stammered. She didnt knew ther uncle was inside and she only barged in. How very disrespectful and unprincess of her.

But for King george, He was saved. "No it's fine Rose. It's better if you and Lous would talk first. I'd be on my own and see you two downstairs"

He winked at Lous and went out

"OHMYGOSH Lous. I JUST SAW KING DANIEL EARLIER. AND HE WAS DRIPPING WET. WET. AS IN WET. GODS. HE IS SUCH A HUNK. Specially when he put off his shirt to not splash water in the carpeted floor. Oh he is so kind and understandable." Rose dreamily

"Did you say dripping wet?" LOus asked in a tone of disbelief

"Yes. Try to clean your ears Lous. He must have caught in the rain." Rose said not aware of the horrified look in Lous face.

If this King Daniel they are talking about is the same guy she met earlier in the woods. Then she is absolutely dead meat. Ugh! please her guess will not be right. please. please. please.

"Heloooo???? Earth to LOUS????????" Rose said waving her hand infront of my face

"What?" Lous asked

"Are you even listening?" Rose said

"Im sorry, I was just thinking." Lous said aplogetically

"Thinking about what?" Rose pressed. Knowing her cousin wont think about something that is not important

Hesitantly Lous asked"Uhm Rose. How old is King Daniel?"

"20.Young, isn't he? why?"Rose asked . Lous color drained knowing her guess is 90% right. At the same time Prince Morgan came in with a wild grin

"It's show time girls"

Lous,along her family and the people positioned theirselves for the entry of the Beltemort family. Lous was really nervous and she kept on tapping her foot as if she enrolled for tap dancing. If King Daniel is the boy she met earlier. She doe not know what will happen to her later.

Goodness, please let me survive the night and I promise to mend ways. Lous thought.

The trumpets tuned making Lous heart sank . The wide oak doors opened and in the family came in. Many girls giggled as King Daniel came in. wearing his famous grin and his manly feautures. From Lous point of view, she sees why many are falling for the King. He has every characteristic of a perfect King and a perfect lover. The way he walks and held his head stands for his aristocratic and high position.

As King Daniel came close to Lousinana, a register of shock filled his face. Lousiana gave him a shaking head. Sensing not to reveal what happened in the woods he gave her a quick smile that can quicken an unbeating heart.

Lous felt relieved for the King understood her gesture. Good. Now she won't be dead.

As usual there were the bowing and the introductions

"May I introduce to you, my daughter Princess Louisiana." King George said asking Louisiana to come near and infront of the Beltemort family.

Queen Clarissa knew she knows this girl

"I believe we already met Princess Louisiana." Queen Clarissa said. Louisiana froze. So much for a secret she told herself

"You do?" King Georhe said in a surprised expression

"Yes, we met in the market earlier." Queen Clarissa said

Lous is utterly speechless. Oh will you bloody shut up. will you please bloody shut up!

"Yes. You were the girl with the hunters clothes." Naomi said with a big grin in her mouth.

Lous is actually looking at Daniel to shut his family but he is greatly amused to see Lous different facial expression. He is actually fighting to control himself not to burst out laughing.

'"A hunter's clothes?!" King George said in a bewildered state.

Oh crap. Im as hell as dead! Lous thought

"yes, I was---" Lous started but was cut off by Prince Morgan. Determined to save his sister from embarassment

"We wanted to surprise you about this father. You see for years Lous found she is good in hunting and the use of swords and bows. To make her talents useful, she help us hunt animals to be given to the poor. It is a very remarkable for a princess to do these." Prince Morgan said and Lous is very greatful she has a brother to save her

"yes. we wanted to surprise you about this. Guess you find out soon." Lous said

"Uh-huh. You did surprise me." King george said dryly. Oh Lous would be in a series of reprimanding sessions later.

"See? Your lucky to have a daughter as skilled and kind hearted as her. A few princesses can be like her." King Daniel said

"Yes, yes indeed. Let us drop this notorious subject and begin the ball" King George announced.

Music, food and dancing filled the hall. It was a decent ball. No drunkards, no whores, no roisterous men and top it all, it was a very peaceful celebration. Queen Clarissa would often open up a conversation with Lous and Lous would honestly answer her. Little by little the queen began to like Lous. Until she treat her as her own daughter. King daniel joined their conversation.

"daniel, good thing you are here. I was just talking to Lousiana and she also loves swordfighting. Most of her hobbies are the same with yours. Don;t you think it's destiny?" Queen Clarissa said , making Daniel's eyebrow shot up and Lous with her mouth gaping open.

"So you like horseback riding, archery and science?" King Daniel asked

"Yes, yes and yes" Lous said smiling forcefully at them. She never wanted to be paired with anyone and it annoys her.

"She even invented the lights around here" Queen Clarissa said

"Thanks to Science. I was able to apply it." Lous said

"You are truly a special and rare girl Lousiana." Queen Clarissa said

"You can simply call me Lous" she saw Rose waving at her and wanting to talk "Can you excuse me for a while? It seems my cousin wants to talk to me."

The moment Lous was gone Clarissa talked to Daniel. "Princess Louisiana will suit you well Daniel. Win her heart and never think about letting her go. She is the perfect queen to rule beside you."
The moment Lous came to Rose, the ever-so-active-princess pulled her in a corner and chatted non-stop about how gorgeous King Daniel is ,How they make a perfect couple or How their baby would like yada-yada-yada. Not once did she let Lous intervene which was very annoying for Lous because she wanted so badly to hit Rose in the head and put a humongous amount of tape in her talkative and ever so spritely cousin.
“Goodness Rose will you ever shut that restless mouth of yours and let me speak?!” Lous said who finally exploded
“But I was getting to the good part. Gosh cuz, don’t be such a killjoy.” Rose teased
“Spare me with your name calls.And what is wrong with you?” Lous said looking at her now blushing cousin
“It’s King Daniel, his looking at you.” Rose said in a whisper
“So?” Lous said not caring at all. Which made Rose gave her a look as if she said the most gruesome word in the world.
“Hellooooo.It’s King Daniel were talking about. And omygosh his coming here.”
“S--, what?” Lous said and as she spun around she saw the dashing smile of the mesmerizing King. Did she just said that?
“Good evening princesses.” He said as he showed his perfect set of white teeth and his famous smile which could leap any girls’ heart. Lous heard a giggle from her side and saw the pinkish face of her cousin.
“Good evening your majesty” Lous said nudging Rose to follow her “Is there something you needed from us?”
“I hate to cut your juicy topic but May I have this dance Princess Lousiana?” King Daniel said offering his hand. Lous was speechless, she doesn’t want to be with this ruthless and cold-hearted King but she could feel everyone’s eyes and her father giving her “the look”. She has no choice but to accept the King’s hand. Deep inside her, she would like to strangle and spit him in the face.
Lous never wanted to be close to the King but he pulled her closer to him, making it almost they are hugging each other and their breathes are an inch apart. She felt this tingly feeling being so close to him. In her place she could easily admire his well smoothed golden hair, perfectly formed jaw and nose, his temptuous lips, those sea blue eyes reminding her of her voyages and his well-toned form . Lous gave him a glare to disturb her and not let her see how awkard she felt and rewarding her with a smirk. Most of the people looked at them lovingly and agreeing they are a perfect couple but for Lous she would want to shoot their heads off.
“That’s a beautiful necklace your wearing tonight. I think I saw it with one of the portraits over there.” King Daniel said as he directed his gaze to the portrait of Lous’s mother . It was taken in her late 20’s after she married Lous’s father. Among any other portraits it was Lous’s favourite. Not only it reminds her of her mother but also it became her comfort whenever she gets nightmares.
“Yes, father gave this to me earlier. He said it was his wedding gift to mother.” Lous said smiling on how her parents found love. But it breaks her knowing her father was never the same when her mother passed on. King Daniel saw the sadness in Lous’s eyes.
“I’m sorry I brought the subject. It must have been still sore from your part.”
“Wow! I can’t believe you care how I feel. But don’t worry I wont argue with you tonight. For the sake of the ball and for our reputation.” Lous said coldly. King Daniel took a deep breath and tried to give her tight smile. This princess is sure as hard as a rock.
“I heard your father will also be making a portrait of you.” He said keeping the conversation steady.
“Hmm, no wonder they took a picture of me earlier.”
“back home, we have a gallery of paintings of our ancestors.”
“So do we.” Lous said wanting the conversation to end. She saw Anthony come in.
“Can you show me?” King Daniel asked and felt Lous wasn’t entirely listening to him. She saw her gaze locked to the same servant he encountered earlier and for the first time saw her smile. A true genuine smile. He felt envious of the servant boy walking towad them. How can a princess would like a filthy servant boy. For merlin’s sake. A SERVANT BOY. No place in society. No title. No decent money. And above all not a HANDSOME and RICH KING like him. His better and more superior than him.
“Can I have my turn?” Anthony asked but before he could answer Lous pulled away from him and took hold of Anthony’s hand. All King Daniel did was nod and walked back to the table. He heard Lous called out his name. He thought she was going to tell him to stay for a while and she’ll be dancing with him again but what he got is this:
“Can you dance Rose for me?”
Fuck
He danced with a tomato faced Rose and kept peeking glances at a joyous Lous dancing with her servant boy. PATHETIC.
After the ball he was about to talk with Lous but she disappeared. He felt someone looking at him and saw Margaret giving him, her deadliest look.
“You don’t like my sister, you only want her as a trophy because she’s beautiful, kind-hearted and everything a man wants.” Margaret said matter-of-factly “ You want her because she’s a challenge.”
“No,I do not Princess” King Daniel said calmly, though Margaret was getting into his nerves. Why does the princesses of Quinslet despise him?
“Yes, you do. Better leave because you wont get anything from my sister. She might be a princess but she has a heart like a man. “ Margaret said proudly having full confidence her sister won’t be part of the collection this monster infront.
“Things can change while Im here. You might not know , she can be my queen someday.” King Daniel said devilishly “I always get what I want and that is including your sister.”
“Goodluck with that.” Margaret said as she passed King Daniel. He only gave her a smirk and thought how the little princess easily concluded his plan.Of course, never in his league was a girl like Lousiana though her beauty is an exemption. He only considered her as a challenge and he loves challenges.
What they didn’t know was Clarissa overhearing their talk.
“Things are about to change little Margaret. Things are about to change.” She said with a gleam in her eyes.

“And this is where my family’s most prize possessions are located. They’re all very intricate and has been in here for thousands of years.” Lous say, as she tours King Daniel to the gallery. It is suppose to be her hunting day but her father asked her, not necessarily asked, to escort the KING in the castle.
“Are your inventions included here?” King Daniel ask as he examines the place
“Duh.Where else will I put them?”she says rolling her eyes and can’t wait to get this whole thing done.
“Back to your old self huh.” Kind Daniel remarked
“As a matter of fact yes. Atleast I don’t get to play to be nice to you. Its hard acting to be nice, if you never wanted it.” Lous said glaring at the King
“It appears to me, you don’t like me.” The King concluded though he suspected it
“Good thing you know. “ Lous smiled a cold one
“You are a completely different person, do you know that? How can you not like a man like me? Who has power, riches, a good looking face that can be plastered in any posts in the kingdom and someone who can give you every riches here in the land” he looked at her and pinning her in the wall.
“Do you think I can like an egosistic womanizer like you?!And don’t even deny it becauseI know every single dirt about your spoiled princely life!”
“Kingly life.” He correct her
“Whatever. And if you don’t mind I have chores to finish. Better ask Rose to tour you. Goodbye.” Lous stalk out angrily and hurriedly walk out of the gallery.
“Ugh, that insolent and incorrigible King, ugh! How can anyone want that gold faced asshole!”Lous mutter as she head off to the kitchen. She does not notice King Daniel is following her, with a hint of gleam in his face. Lous notice someone following her. She spun around and saw the teasing face of the King.
“STOP FOLLOWING ME!”
“I’m not.” He says cooly
“And so where are you going , if your not following me?” Lous says pointedly and crossing her arms. Now King Daniel is lost for words. He does not know any damn thing in this castle.
“ugh----“
“Right. So your heading to the----kitchen?” Lous says now playing the lead. Oh, she will be playing a good game.
“ugh—yes?” King Daniel says knowing his up for a challenge. Who knows what’s in this Princess’s mind
"why didn't you say so? we would really need a lot of help." Lous says brightly,smirking at the plan she have in mind
♠ ♠ ♠
Reviews, comments and please spread the word about my book