Status: When I get the chance.. PS: Comments= updates

Living Among the Stars

It could have been different

When the door opened the Night Class looked on in shock as the dark haired beauty lounged on Kaname Kuran’s sofa. She flipped through the novel in her hand, looking like a girl Kaname. Kaname smiled, “It is good to see you again, Aido-sama” Several people gasped at –sama, others at –Aido, or at both.

“Aido…like Hanabusa?” Ruka asked.

“Yes” the girl nodded still not looking up from the book but turning a few pages.

“Like married to Hanabusa?”

At this Kain, Hanabusa, and Kaname chuckled. “No Ruka they are not betrothed to be married.”

“Then they are related. But why do you speak to her as so.”

“Yes they are indeed siblings, and I speak to her as such because I respect and care for her dearly.” He said with an angered tone toward Ruka. Ruka growled to herself, which in turn made the girl look up.

Then Ruka saw it, the eyes they were the same as Hanabusa’s. “So are you like him?” the girl glared at Ruka. The glare almost as bad as the male disciplinary committee member’s, or maybe even worse. “Do you talk?” She glared again. “At least answer me this, what is your name?” At this she got another glare. Hanabusa walked toward his sister as she turned her gaze back to the book at hand, being a few pages from the end.
“You have changed.” He stated, this isn’t the same girl that was carefree and would run around the house with a swing in her step humming to herself and dancing when no one was thought to be watching. This wasn’t the girl that could make a joke of everything you said or even thought. This wasn’t the girl that didn’t give a care to such an extent that she played with Vampire Hunter’s when she was young and even dated a few. “What has happened to you?” She still didn’t look up. He wanted her to look him in the eyes and tell him what had happened. “Was it him?” she was still ignoring him, he could tell. “Will you not even say a yes or No to your brother? Do you really despise me so much as to go to such an extent?”

She still didn’t even flinch as he screamed at her. “Hanabusa!” Kaname shouted. But he was going to get some answers out of her. So he kept screaming at her, but she didn’t pay any attention. And at one point finished the book put it down and then grabbed another. Kain finally had enough and told Hanabusa something to shut him up. “She isn’t the same person you left three years ago, when you didn’t go back to visit, things changed. Something happened and she hasn’t spoken a word since. At least not that anyone knows of. So how about you shut up! So Kaname won’t try to kill you.”

Hanabusa looked at his cousin and then his sister who was nodding her head as if to a beat, like back when she would hum to herself. Maybe she was speaking but no one could hear it, even with their advanced senses. Maybe they just weren’t trying to hear it. There had to be another reason she was like this, one that didn’t make it all fall on his shoulders. He could have been there to stop whatever had happened, he could have meant the words he said three years ago and actually cared about what happened to his sister, He could have stopped parading around his precious Pureblood and actually look at the one who had meant the most to him. Or maybe he could have at least thought about her. Maybe one of those could have let him hear her beautiful voice, but he couldn’t. He couldn’t hear the invisible song that she hummed. He cursed his sister to a life of silence, and the world to a life without her voice.

He looked to Kaname and when he got the confirmation that what his cousin was saying had truth to it he started to go to his room, but stopped to look back over at his sister, who now was acknowledging his presence. He smiled a small smile and she just nodded before turning back down to her book, and the page with the bookmark of her and her old best friend, Kaname came over and sat next to her looking at the picture of her and the little boy both hiding behind homemade masks. “Who is he?”

As she shook her head she couldn’t help but think to herself, “Just somebody that I used to know.”