Status: Being re-wrtitten

Kill or Be Killed

Nausea

Andrea pops her head in my tent, which I share with Daryl and his brother. I look up at her from my make shift bed, almost ready to call it a night. Wanting to forget the drama discussed earlier at around the camp fire with the group.

With a smile small on her face, Andrea asks me softly, “Can we talk?”

I nod my head, knowing it is not her fault in regards to the whole Merle situation. She climbs into the tent and zips it up behind her. I sit up as she takes a seat opposite me with her legs crossed.

Sigh softly, she exclaims, “I did not mean to upset you, Rach.”

Running a hand through my hair, I agree, “I know. I am just really anxious about Daryl.”

Shaking her head concerned, she exhales heavily and mumbles, “It is not going to go down well.”

Licking over my lips I sigh and apologise to her, “Sorry I snapped. I know it is no excuse, but I am also more on edge with Daryl being out there, all on his own.”

Placing a hand on mine, she replies, “I understand. He is one tough red neck though.”

We both laugh at her comment, knowing she is telling the truth. Andrea puckers her lips as she reaches into her pockets and grabs out a small box, out of her jacket. My heart skips a beat, knowing what she is giving me.

“I managed to find you one,” she informs me, handing me the pregnancy test.

I try to smile or say something, however no words or expressions form. My fingers trace over the words on the box as it sinks in, the possibility of me being pregnant.

Andrea senses my apprehension, she leans forward and pulls me into a hug. “What ever happens, we will make it work, I promise Rach.”

I hug her back, hiding my face in her hair, only able to whisper, “I cannot thank you enough.”

“We are family now, we all need to stick together during all this,” she exclaims as she pulls away from the hug.

Standing up, but still needing to bend down in the tent, Andrea wishes me goodnight before she leaves me alone in my tent. Tilting my head to the side, I examine the box before opening it and finding the instructions.

Image


I roll over, half awake looking at the empty spots where Daryl and Merle usually sleep. I lick my lips as I snuggle more into my sleeping bag, listening to the birds chirping away out side. I smile as I close my eyes, enjoying their carefree songs filling my ears.

My smile is wiped from my face as the tent door is swiftly unzipped and Amy pops through with a loud “boo.” I curse loudly as she makes me jump out of my skin, for a moment I though she could have been a walker.

“Wakey, wakey, sleepy head,” she greets me with a large, cheeky smile playing on her lips.

I place a hand on my chest and take a deep breath, whilst my heart pounds in my chest. Laughing, I yell at her in a joking manner, “Shit, Amy! You almost gave me a heart attack.”

We both laugh as I make my way out of my sleeping bag and try to find some clothes to wear for the day.

Amy informs me with a wink,”I will wait out here for you and you know to watch out for any walkers.”

I throw my pillow at her, only causing her to laugh harder as she exits the tent. I throw on a pair of navy blue skinny jeans and a black long shirt. I tie my hair up in a messy bun, feeling nauseous with morning sickness. I look to my left, next to my pillow at the pregnancy test box.

I close my eyes and take in a deep breathe, knowing a positive pregnancy lays in there. After composing myself, I pull my silver heart shape locket over my shirt. My finger runs over the diamond sitting in the middle of the heart.

My father gave it to me on my 18th birthday. It is the most valuable item I own, as in the locket, on the left is a photo of my mother, and on the right, is a photo of my father and brothers. I am ripped back into reality when I hear someone scream.

Amy and I quickly make our way to the direction of the loud scream. I am shocked to find Carl and some others from the group, standing before a walker, who is devouring a deer carcass.

I grab a hold of Carl’s hand to reassure him, while Rick, Shane, Jim and Glen beat the walker until Dale cuts the head off. I groan in disgust as the head rolls over to mine and Carl’s way.

I look over at Dale as he exclaims, “They never come this far up the mountain.”

“They’re running out of food in the city,” Jim remarks, saying what we are all not wanting to voice.

My face instantly lights up as Daryl, in his sleeveless shirt, emerges from the woods with his cross bow in his hands. He winks at me before his attention is brought to the deer and the headless walker.

“Son of a bitch,” he grunts annoyed. He makes his way towards the deer’s carcass before complaining, “That was my deer!”

Standing over the deer, he looks over it with the arrows sticking out of the deer’s thigh and large bites from the walker. I can see the anger on his face, he walks over to the now headless walker’s body and begs to kick it whilst yelling, “All gnawed on by this filthy, disease bag, motherless, bastard!”

“Calm down son, that’s not helping,” Dale tries to tell Daryl, yet it only angers him more.

Getting in Dale’s face, Daryl snaps at him, “Whata you know bout it old man?”

Raising his lip in disgust at Dale, Daryl turns his attention back to the deer to collect his arrows whilst telling us, “I’ve been tracking this deer for miles. Was gonna drag it back to camp. Cook us up some venison!”

I lick my lips, my mouth watering as I think about eating cooked venison, it has been a while since we have had a decent meal. I let go of Carl’s hand as he makes his way over to his father.

I cross my arms over my chest, taking deep breathes to help prevent me from vomiting. The smell of the carcass and walker filling my sensitive nose. Daryl suggests, pointing to the devoured parts of the carcass, “What you think, we could cut round the chewed up part here?”

“I would not risk that,’ Shane claims, showing his alpha male role.

Disappointed Daryl replies, “It’s a dam shame. I got some squirrel though, a dozen or so. That’ll have to do.”

I let out a small scream and jump back as the walker’s head, right next to my feet awakens, opening its eyes and mouth. Daryl immediately aims his cross bow at the head and fires, hitting it in the right eye.

“Oh god,” I mumble, closing my eyes and doing everything in my power to prevent myself from vomiting. Hearing the sound of Daryl removing his arrow, only intensifies my nausea.

Daryl has a go at the guys, telling them they should be killing them by taking the brain out. I open my eyes as Daryl walks up to with a smirk plastered on his face.

“Come on babe,” he orders, throwing his arm around my shoulder. I follow his lead, back to the camp knowing shit is about to hit the fan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image