Status: Being re-wrtitten

Kill or Be Killed

Hostage

We had no clue where we are, only that we were dragged from the car, into a large, abandoned building. They duck-taped our hands together. I lean my head against the wall, watching the guy stand by the door, monitoring us.

“They will come for us,” Glen pipes up, nodding his head.

I look over at him, and send him a reassuring smile. “Yeah, it’s only a matter of time.”

“So, uh,” Glen starts, before clearing his throat, “Is it true, that you are pregnant?”

I roll my eyes, knowing nothing stays secret long in this group. I wonder who else knew. “Andrea?” I quiz him.

Sighing, he shakes his head. Licking his lips, he explains, “I over heard your conversation with Daryl earlier.. I mean, he was yelling about your pregnancy.”

“Oh,” I whisper, feeling bad for believing Andrea would gossip, behind my back. “Yeah, I am.”

“Sorry, I thought Andrea said something. Somehow, Rick found out and only Andrea knew, well so I thought,” I explain myself.

“You know, Rick only knows because Lori overheard yours and Andrea’s conversation, in the tent when she gave you the pregnancy test,” Glen confesses.

“What? How do you know?” I ask Glen, shocked by his confession.

Glen shrugs his shoulders, stating, “Rick told us, while we were waiting on you and Daryl.”

With a smile playing on his lips, Glen happily exclaims, “Congratulations on the little one.”

I return his smile, and whisper, “Thanks Glen.”

I lean my head on his shoulder, and he leans his back on mine. All we can do is wait, we are being guarded by men, who are carrying weapons. To try and make an escape would be suicide. They will come for us. Daryl will come for me, that I am certain of.

Image


I am pulled onto my feet, from the sitting position I have been in for the last, what has felt like hours. Glen to is also pulled up, onto his feet. A bag is placed over our heads, and we are lead away. After climbing up some stairs, I am ordered to stop.

I can feel the sun on my exposed skin. The hairs on the neck of my neck stand up, as the wind lightly blows on me. Rick’s voice fills me ears, he is talking to who I believe is Guillermo, the guy in charge. I can only just make out what they are saying, due to my heart is pounding in my ears. My palms are sweating profusely.

“Guillermo, I have one of yours, you have two of mine,” Rick discusses calmly, trying to compromise.

“Exactly,” Guillermo replies arrogantly, before repeating, “I have two of yours, and yet, you only one of mine.”

Guillermo continues to explain, that it’s not a fair trade and that he wants his bag of guns. I can hear, whom I believe to be the young boy, I saw in the alley way, pleading for Guillermo to swap back. I squeeze my eyes shout, hearing the sounds of guns clicking, readying them to be fired.

Suddenly, I am roughly pushed forward and the bag is ripped off my head. I squint from the sudden exposure to the bright light. I begin to blink rapidly, as my vision begins to focus. I squeal escapes my lips, as I realise I’m on the roof of the at least a two story building. The guy behind me, has a tight grip on my shoulder, pushing me closer to the ledge.

“Rach!” Daryl calls out desperately.

He aims his crossbow back at Guillermo, demanding, “You let her go, right now! You hear me!”

“Watch your words redneck, or my man up there, will let her go. She’ll fall to her death,” Guillermo exclaims with a smirk.

“You fucking bastard,” Daryl snarls, walking towards him.

Rick grabs Daryl’s arm stopping him. Guillermo just laughs, with a raised eyebrow he asks curiously, “Oh I see, that pretty wee thing is important? She can’t be your sister, she looks nothing like you.. So, I will go with your little girlfriend?”

He smirks as Daryl swears and tries to go at him again. “Now, now don’t do anything stupid redneck,” Guillermo taunts as he lifts his hand. and indicates from the guy to push me forward.

I scream as I am shoved forward roughly, I try to resist but he is far too strong for me. Tears fill my eyes, as my feet are at the ledge of the roof causing panic to once again cover Daryl’s face.

“Enough,” Rick demands calmly.

“I see two options. You come back with Miguel and my guns, then everybody walks or, you come back locked and loaded. See what side spills more blood,” Guillermo explains, before Glen and I are dragged back inside.

We are forced once again, to walk down the stairs. I suddenly given to feel light headed. I can’t breathe and my heart is thumbing loudly in my ears, I begin to have a panic attack. My eyes roll into the back of my head as I collapse onto the ground, into the darkness.