Status: Being re-wrtitten

Kill or Be Killed

Ex & The Bar

I slip into the darkness and find myself, back in my past. I throw my head back in a fit of laughter, as my best friend does the exact same thing. Our laughs are louder than the music in the bar. Some people turn to stare at us, while others continue on with their thing.

“Bullshit you did,” I exclaim, with a scrunched up nose.

Pushing her long blonde hair over her shoulder, Charlotte replies, “You bet I did. Who knew that a heavy mental guitar player, whom makes sex faces, while playing a set, is engaged and a fucking preschool teacher!”

Licking over my lips, I laughed again before teasing, “You know how to pick them.”

“Last time I hit on a band dude. Lucky escape, bet he was shit in bed!” Charlotte exclaims with a wink, taking another sip of her beer.

I take a sip from my beer, enjoying my girl’s night out with Charlotte. I had met her in my freshmen year, we clicked and instantly became best friends. She was back in town from one of her travelling trips, this time it had been England.

“Speaking about hitting on, that guy by the pool table keeps checking you out,” Charlotte informs me casually, with a nob in the guy’s direction.

Casually, I push my hair over my shoulder and look towards this guy. She was right, he was looking my way. His nobs at me, before taking his turn in pool. A smirk forms on his face as I watch him sink two balls. I pick my beer up, and do a cheers to him, which causes him to smirk to grow.

“Fuck I need to piss, I’ll be back yeah,” Charlotte exclaims, chugging the rest of her beer, then heading off to the bathroom.

I smile and shake my head, as she pops off to the bathroom. I take another sip of my drink. I sigh happily enjoying my night out. I have been working non-stop lately, having barely any down time. I had picked up every extra hour possible to keep my mind busy. I found out few months ago, that my fiancé is now engaged to another woman in New York, the same woman he was seeing, where he usually travelled to for business.

I almost jump out of my skin, as someone appears next to me. Looking to my right with a raised eyebrow, I find the guy from the pool table, standing next to me. He orders himself a drink then looks at mine, before ordering a drink for me too.

I watch him curiously, taking in his appearance. I won’t deny, I find him very attractive. I nibble down on my bottom lip, as the bartender places the drinks in front of us.

Smiling at the gentlemen, I exclaim, “Cheers for the drink.”

“Don’t sweat it,” he smirks back, his voice sending shivers down my spine.

Running a hand through my long locks, I introduce myself, “I’m Rachael.”

“Daryl,” he introduces himself, whilst leaning his back against the bar.

“Finished your game?” I question, turning around on the bar stool to look at the pool table.

Nodding his head, he explains, “Yeah, I won it.”

We continue talking and I can’t wipe the smile off my face. I wasn’t aware that Charlotte had been gone for a while, because I was so wrapped up in Daryl. His thick southern accent has me charmed. I am captivated by his light blue eyes, and his smirk.

“Rachy,” A deep voice exclaims, interrupting my conversation with Daryl.

Looking towards the voice, I see Aaron standing before me. I almost spit my drink out. My body tenses up, while I look him up and down. Raising an eyebrow, I snarl, “What do you want?”

“Aw come on Rachy! There is no need to be like this,” He attempts to charm me with his smile, using his old tricks.

“Fuck off, Aaron,” I snarl with venom. I turn my attention back towards Daryl.

Aaron doesn’t take no for an answer, “I am not leaving sweet cheeks, we got a lot to talk about.”

Daryl stands up off the bar and gets in Aaron’s face, demanding, “Look, she wants ya to leave so fuck off ya. Off ya go.”

“Who the fuck is this guy Rachael? Your new guy?” he snaps, eyeing Daryl up.

He looks Daryl up and down, he continues with a laugh, “Nice to see you’ve downgraded to a redneck. You’re all class Rachael.”

Daryl shoves Aaron roughly, and Aaron being the wuss he is, puts both hands up and retracts, “Whatever, I am not gonna deal with this shit. I have more important things to do!”

With that said, Aaron storms off. I run a hand through my hair and groan in annoyance. I grab my beer and scull it. Shaking his head annoyed, Daryl snaps, “Fucking punk ass.”

Nodding my head, I agree with him, “That’s Aaron for ya, first class douche bag.”

Daryl chuckles at my comment. “Your ex, I take it?”

“Sadly, yes he is,” I confess embarrassed. I left my finger up to the bartender, pointing to my drink, ordering another drink.

“What the fuck, did I just see Aaron?” Charlotte quizzes me as she stands next to me, looking towards the door of the bar.

“Yeah, thought he would stop by to say hello,” I explain to her, rolling my eyes.

“What a fucking cunt,” Charlotte exclaims, shaking her head in disgust.

Pulling a small mirror out of her hand bag and her red lipstick, Charlotte applies her lipstick, using her mirror. While checking her reflection in the mirror, she sings cheekily, “Look, if you don’t mind.. I might head off. Six-pack Joey just texted me for so midnight fun.”

Shaking my head and laughing, I reassure her with a flick of my hand, “Nah girl, go get laid!”

“I plan on it,” she exclaims happily, closing her mirror. Winking at me, you teases with a wink, “You too, girl.”

Daryl chuckles, taking another sip of his drink, which causes me to blush. Charlotte gives me a quick hug goodbye and tells me she will text me tomorrow. The rest of the night I spend with Daryl, drinking and chatting. We even played a game of pool which he used as an excuse to “’teach me” and put his hands on me.

“Back to mine for a night cap?” I suggest, with a wink as the bar begins to close up.

The alcohol giving me a little extra confidence. Daryl smirks and happily complies with my suggestion. We head back to mine, both feeling the effects of the alcohol. It takes me a few attempts to open the door with my keys.

I am roughly shoved by Daryl, against the wall before he places kisses on my neck. I moan in response, his hands feeling me up. I know exactly what I want, it has been few weeks since I last had sex.

“Bedroom, first door on the right” I order against his lips.

He picks me up by my thighs, and I wrap my arms around his neck. I can feel his erected penis through his jeans. It makes me moan louder, knowing he wants me just as bad.

Image


I shoved more popcorn in my mouth, my eyes glued to the television screen, watching the movie. I curse loudly as Megan Fox’s character is hit by the car, I love Jennifer’s Body and have watched it numerous times.

“I would totally do Megan Fox,” I mumble to myself, watching her on screen.

I groan in annoyance as the doorbell goes off. I hit the pause button on the remote, and make my way towards the door. I pull down my white singlet and my blue striped pajamas shorts. I groan as I look at the clock, on my way to the door, it’s past midnight.

I open the door to find Daryl standing there, his face has cuts and braises all over him. I gasp in complete shock, pulling him inside my apartment. I usher him inside, and make him sit down on my couch. I grab my first aid kit from my small kitchen, which is connected to the lounge/dining room.

“What the fuck happened to you?” I ask him worried, as I start to clean his wounds.

“Ya punk ex and his mother fucking mates happened,” Daryl snarls in angrily, “Apparently he didn’t like the fact I told him to back off from ya.”

I curse under my breathe in annoyance. I push some hair behind my ear, before I exclaim softly, “I’m so sorry, Aaron is a complete wanker.”

I clean up him the best I can. I tried to convince him to go to the hospital, but he refused, saying that the hospital is for the weak. While Daryl is in the shower, I put his clothes in the wash and make a phone call to my older brother, who is a police officer. I inform him on what’s happened and let him deal with it.

Daryl walks out of the bathroom into the lounge/dining room with a towel wrapped around his waist. He runs a hand through his wet hair, and I watch the water drip down his chest. I lick my lips, enjoying the view.

“You’ll stay here tonight, okay?” I offer him.

Nodding his head, he winks at me in agreement. He drops his towel and enjoys watching my reaction. Taking a deep breath in, I can’t take my eyes off him. I walk towards him, we don’t break eye contact and the smirk stays plastered on his lips.


Image


I wake up from my dream of Daryl, to find a man kneeling over me. I quickly try to sit up, but he places a hand on my shoulder, pleading with me, “Please take it slowly, you are safe. I can assure you.”