Status: just a little one shot based on Skyway Avenue :3

This Night Is All We've Got

this night is all we've got

You looked out at the road, headlights from the car illuminating your way. You didn't bother looking at the street signs, you knew the way like you knew the back of your hand. Skyway Avenue; A quiet little street with a fairly large apartment building slowly collapsing on the corner. You're predetermined destination.
You took a glance at your boyfriend sitting in the passenger seat, staring absentmindedly out the window into the darkness. We are entirely too calm for what we are planning to do, you thought to yourself. A short while later, you pulled up to the building you were looking for. Travis looked at you as the car crawled to a stop. Meeting his gaze, the both of you nodded and turned to open the doors of the car.
The building, much like the rest of the street, was practically a ghost town. The occasional few teenagers sneaking into the building at night, trying to prove to their friends they're the braver by spending the night alone. This was not the case tonight.
As Travis walked around to meet you on the other side of the car, you could see the nerves on his face. He held his hand out almost too excitedly, eager to take that last step. You gave a small smile as you took his hand and began towards the deserted building.
You felt a twisting in your stomach, a flutter up your throat, catching there, leaving you unable to speak. The feelings weren't caused by fear, instead from the anxious feeling of being ready to go. Everything had gotten so mundane and you were ready for a new adventure. One night, a few weeks ago, you confessed this to you're boyfriend, who had shared the same feeling. Together you had formed the idea for tonight.
The stairs were decrepit, making you wonder if they would give out due to the weight of two fully grown young adults. Slowly, carefully, you made your way to the top, where only a hatch door kept you from the warm summer air outside. Travis climbed out first, helping you when you went up. Here you are, you thought. You two spent a good moment looking out over the town. It really was quite a nice view, even in the dark. The ball in your stomach began to get tighter as your head was feeling even more eager to go.
You looked over at Travis, who showed a bit of an anxious look as he turned back. Yet when he looked at you, a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth, and any signs of worry had vanished.
"Are you ready?" he asked barely above a whisper.
"I think so," you smiled. "Are you?" He responded with a nod and small smile. You stared into his eyes for a brief moment, wondering what was going through his mind right now. You had a brief thought of his family, and your family back home. They would have to deal with this after the night was over. But you weren't worried about it. Travis and yourself had both written small notes to them, which were left in your car. They explained that this was simply the beginning of a new chapter. Changing your luck and stopping sure-to-be dead end lives. None of the consequences concerned you, though. You were just ready to go.
Walking over to the side that faced Skyway Ave. you leaned over the edge and looked straight down. It was a very long distance, sure enough to work just fine, for this was something you couldn't afford to screw up. Looking back at Travis, you both gave small nods, signaling your readiness. He helped you up to the top of the ledge, following after you were up and standing. A small breeze rolled by as you stood gazing over all of the town. Your hair fluttered slightly and you could see a wave of orange move beside you.
The calmness in the car had been made up for right now. Suddenly, your mind was racing. You felt your body tense up and your heart felt as if it were to beat right out of your chest. You were sure the boy standing next to you was feeling it too. Nonetheless, you were still sure of your decision.
Glancing at each other, you nodded for the last time. Travis took your hand and gripped it tightly.
"One..." you whispered.
"Two," he replied.
"Three!" you both finished.
Your legs pushed off of the concrete ledge of the broken down apartment building, propelling you over and into the air. Travis' hand still locked in yours, as he did the same. This was it. You did it. You were flying through the night air as you jumped. Time seemed to stop for the moment. Everything that was ever once boring or upsetting had disappeared and everything felt calm. There was no panicking or screams to pierce the silence. Just two people with a grip on each other, ready to take a new challenge on and stay with each other through forever. And for one final second, you truly felt alive.
Because I would die for you, on Skyway Avenue
♠ ♠ ♠
it's a little morbid i know, but i enjoyed writing it, and i hope someone enjoys reading it <3