Santa, Baby

Story Two: Norman Reedus and Eva Broda

Hand in hand, Norman watched as the warm air evaporated into the cold night sky. He was out of his element. It had been awhile since Norman had been in four feet of snow, but it was nice. The only thing he could hear was the sound from the cabin about ten yards ahead, music and laughter making him smile over at Eva, who was biting her lip like she did out of nervousness.

“Stop that, there’s nothing to be nervous about, the worst has come and gone.” Norman remembered two days earlier when he had gone to Toronto, Canada to meet Eva’s blood family. That had been smooth sailing. She had won her mother’s approval along with her brothers. If Norman had really paid attention to his stomach he would feel the nervousness bubbling because this was Eva’s other family; the friends she constantly talked about and sounded herself with when they weren’t shooting The Walking Dead.

Eva stopped in her tracks and moved to stand in front of Norman, she smiled softly looking into his blue eyes that made her stop so many times mid-sentence. She continued to bite on her lip like she had been doing before. Norman never got mad at her, annoyed yes, but mad never. She had learned over the past eight months that in his eyes she could do nothing wrong, but this she wouldn't mind if he got mad at her.

“I haven’t told the group that I was bringing you Norman. They think that Martin is coming with me.” Norman’s smile dropped a bit and he blinked a few times. He wasn't mad, he was sort of hurt. Or maybe it was confused?

“Are you embarrassed of me Eva?” Norman was now frowning, the crease between his eyes on his forehead appeared like it did when he was thinking. He watched as Eva’s eye grew wide and she started to shake her head no.

“No, no! If anything I’m nervous on how they are going to react Nor. Over half the people in that cabin are Walking Dead fans, like super deep fans. If they knew you were coming I know they wouldn’t be themselves. They’d be someone they aren’t,” she paused for a second and took in a deep breath. “Norman, I need you to love or at least like my friends, because they are part of me.” Eva just stood there as she watched Norman’s face relax and a soft smile start to form on his lips.

Norman leaned forward and laid a soft kiss on Eva’s glossed lips and rested his forehead against hers as Eva’s eyes closed. She almost didn’t want to move from this spot they were in. The quietness of the Shasta Mountains and the snow falling made everything seem so serene; right now the best place to be for the rest of it all.

“If they are anything as funny and wise as you are, there is absolutely nothing for you to worry about. They are a part of you. I've already accepted every part of you, the good, the bad you seem to say you have. Everything will be just fine.” Eva smiled as she pulled away from Norman and watched as his smile equaled hers.

Turning her body away from his, Eva started to lead Norman towards the Cabin. As it grew closer and the noise from the building grew louder, he couldn’t help but laugh at how Eva went from shy and slightly slow to acting like a little kid who couldn’t wait to open her presents.

It wasn’t long before they reached the porch of the cabin. Norman watched as Eva pulled her hair from beneath her jacket and looked at Norman, who simply nodded his head as he stomped the snow off his boots.

The door opened and John O’Callaghan smiled wide as he recognized Eva, who happened to be the last one to arrive. Eva let go of Norman’s hand and quickly hugged the taller gentleman and they exchanged hellos. John’s eyes then made contact with Norman's.

“You're not Martin. I’m John O’Callaghan.” John stuck his hand out and Norman quickly shook it. Eva didn’t get the chance to introduce her boyfriend because Garrett had shoved John aside.

“Holy shit! You’re Daryl Dixon!” They hadn’t even made it into the warmth of the cabin before Norman could be badgered for his character on TV. Eva blushed and sent a lopsided smile towards Norman who just smiled and laughed.

“Well on TV yeah, but here right now I’m Norman Reedus, Eva’s boyfriend.” John quickly shoved Garrett aside and ushered the freezing couple into the cabin where the heat from the fire soon started to defrost them.

“I know that but shit. You are amazing man!” Eva glared at Garrett as everyone started to make their way towards the three. She felt the nervous bubbly feeling start to build as she readied herself to introduce her boyfriend to everyone. The only person who knew that Eva was dating Norman was Noel. That was because Noel had gone out to visit Eva in Georgia during the filming of The Walking dead.

“He’s kind of hot in real life babe, now I get why you have a fan girl crush on him.” Jay McGuiness not so subtly whispered to his fiancé Hennessy James, who was now blushing. His best friend, Nathan Sykes, smacked him on the back of his head.

Eva was now redder than a tomato. In her mind she was pleading with her friends to take it down a notch, not to scare the man off. Noel had entered the room clearing her throat and getting everyone’s attention. Noel gave a wink towards Norman and Eva giving the subtle message that she’d get everything under control.

“Guys, why don’t we let Eva introduce her friend.” The room had quickly gone quiet as everyone had their eyes on Eva and Norman. Eva took Norman’s hand in hers as he pulled her into his side where she smiled.

“I know I told you guys I was bringing Martin but I decided to bring someone else. This is my boyfriend Norman Reedus.” Norman waved at everyone as a few people let their jaw drop and a few of the girls laughed and awed when Norman gave Eva a soft yet quick kiss on the lips, making her blush and hide her face in his chest.

Brighten one of Eva’s close friends came forward and congratulated her on finding someone that made her smile. Norman had recognized her from some of her movies and they agreed that the three of them would need to have lunch or dinner sometime when their schedules would allow it.

Hennessy and Gemma started to make their way towards them followed by Jay and Nathan. Hennessy’s face held a shy smile while Gemma had a genuine smile. Hennessy whispered something to Gemma about fan girling on the inside, which Gemma quickly said that he was no Rick Grimes, therefore there was no fan girling needed to be done.

“Hi, you must be Gemma and Hennessy. Eva has said so many kind things about you girls. I recognize Hennessy from MTV in the UK." Hennessey smiled brightly. "Gemma, Eva has some of your Maxim issues back at our apartment, it’s a pleasure to meet you girls.”

"God, please burn those." Gemma laughed. Gemma smiled and said a soft thank you as she leaned her body against her husband, Nathan Sykes. Hennessy quickly giggled.

“This is my husband, Nathan Sykes. And the bro who not so subtly called you hot is Hennessy’s fiance, Jay McGuiness. We're big fans of The Walking Dead.” Gemma introduced. Norman nodded his head already knowing about Nathan and Jay, for Eva was fan of The Wanted and had grilled in Norman’s mind everyone’s significant other that she knew about.

“Thanks, I like a few of The Wanted songs, Glad You Came and Gold Forever is probably played more than any song in our house.” Eva smacked Norman on the arm as she blushed, but quickly let it go as she opened up her bag taking out some DVD’s and books and handing them to Norman.

“Eva has told me Gemma that you like Andrew Lincoln’s character so I asked him to sign one of the graphic novels and the first season for you.” Gemma’s jaw soon dropped as she quickly took hold of them and started to freak out.

“Oh my god! Rick Grimes! Holy shit, this--oh my god! Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to me.” Nathan held on to his wife, quickly grumbling how she needed to calm down that this freaking out couldn’t be any good for the little one and how was he going to top this Christmas present. Norman had been the only one close enough and had a good enough hearing to hear what Nathan said.

“Here Hennessy, I got Steven, Scott, Melissa, and Lauren to sign season two for you since Eva told me you had season one.” Hennessy gave Eva a quick hug as she quickly pulled Jay away as Noel made her way towards Eva pulling her away from Norman's embrace.

Norman was left alone with Nathan and Gemma, who was now sitting on the coffee table behind her staring at the Christmas gifts with a huge smile on her face. Nathan rubbed small circles into her back which made Norman smile. He could tell that Nathan was madly deeply in love with Gemma, which was a good thing; after all they were bringing someone into this world.

“Congratulations by the way.” Nathan was quick and had his hand covering Norman’s mouth which sort of scared Norman. Okay, not sort of. It really freaked the poor man out, whose eyes were now the size of saucers.

“Nobody knows yet! So please, don’t tell anyone or say anything. That sort of slipped.” Norman nodded his head now smiling under the boy’s hand or was it a man’s hand? "Secret!" Nathan put his finger up to his mouth and made a hushing noise. Eva walked over as a girl screamed Garebear on the top of her lungs making Nathan drop his hand and look over at Garrett who had just been celebrating the gifts that Eva had given him.

“Is everything okay?” Eva wrapped her arm around Norman’s waist who nodded as he put his arm around her shoulder and kissed the side of her head.

“Yeah, I didn’t know about the no saying Santa isn’t real rule of the party so Nathan was covering my mouth to make sure no one else heard it.” Eva laughed and snuggled more into Norman’s side as she grew happier about the way things were going. Everyone was getting along, which was everything she wished for this Holiday season and most of all he wasn’t scared of her friends. Nathan and Gemma started to make their way towards Jay and Hennessy leaving the couple alone. Norman lead Eva to a couch that sat in front of the fireplace making Eva sit down in his lap. This was the picture perfect way to spend a few days before Christmas; in front of the fire surrounded around people that were going to matter the most in their lives as the years came to be. Eva laid her head on Normans shoulder as they watched the fire spark and dance around to the soft sounds of The Maine’s Christmas album, enjoying the soft voices of her friends in the arms of the man she was falling in love with.

“Poppy!” Eva and Norman watched at Garrett slammed the door behind himself causing Norman to look at Eva. She laughed and shrugged her shoulders to show she didn’t know what was going on.

“Garrett’s not usually like this. He’s very quiet and put together. He likes to watch his surroundings, I promise next time we have a get together, which will probably be a wedding he’ll be more put together I swear.” Norman nodded his head and kissed Eva again on the forehead and went back to staring back at the fire.

“They kissed!” Pat Kirch, one of the band members from The Maine yelled which caused everyone around the room including Norman and Eva to hoot and holler while clapping. Norman laughed at the craziness that seemed to happen around this group. It was nice. And it would keep him on his toes and there would never be a dull moment that was for sure.

“Kiss!” Noel stood in front of the fire getting Eva and Norman to notice her. She held a Polaroid camera with John next to her, who held his digital camera focusing on the couple. Smiling, Norman leaned Eva back making her laugh as she noticed Jared Monaco, who was dressed as Santa, stood above them with mistletoe in his hand. Norman leaned down and placed a kiss on Eva’s lips. Smiles painted clearly on their faces as the flashes went off.

Time passed as they continued to kiss not showing any signs of stopping, making Jared Monaco blush and walk away off to find another couple to badger into kissing underneath the mistletoe. Noel cleared her throat again making the couple pull apart as they both blushed. Noel handed the Polaroid picture to Evaas she walked away with her arm intertwined with John’s.

Eva sat back up staring down at the picture that made her smile and kissed Norman on the cheek. Norman laughed and took the picture from her so he could stare at it. This was going up in their apartment for sure when they got back home on the stainless steel fridge.

“Nor, I know I haven’t said it yet before but I’m ready to say it.” Norman looked at Eva who was now staring him straight in the eyes. He smiled, looking at her with a slight tilt to his head. “I love you and I’m so glad we are spending Christmas together.” Norman felt butterflies erupt from his stomach or something of that kind and his heart started to race. He had been afraid to say those three words but he felt the same exact way.

“I love you, too, Eva. This is one of many Christmases we have ahead with each other in the years to come.” Again the couple kissed and settled back into their position from before and went back to watching the fire both with equal smiles on their faces and warmness in their heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for the comments and for subscribing so far.

Let us know what you think of this latest installment.

Comment/subscribe.