Status: In Progress

This World We Live In

Normal Saturday Morning

Maka sat on the park bench and looked at the glistening pond water. The sunlight glinted off her pale golden locks and her emerald green eyes sparkled warmly. Her pale porcelain skin was taking on a glowing property. Her frail body was pressed against the back of the bench. Today, she lacked her usual yellow vest and black cloak, instead, settiling for a light blue tank top and a pair of short jeans. Her hair was down instead of in pigtails and were slightly curled.
She sighed, Soul had gone off on a wild escapade with Black*Star and Tsubaki had gone off on the chase after her rowdy meister, so she was nowhere to be found. Maka sighed again, it was a boring Saturday afternoon and she didn't dare go near Patty and Liz for entertainment after what happened last night...

~Flashback~

Maka walked towards Gallows Manor. Kid had gone off to spend the night with Shinigami-sama, so Liz and Patty had invited her over for a movie. But as soon as her foot had gone past the frame of the door, Patty came careening down the hall and grabbed Maka's arm. Before she could react, the younger Thompson dragged her down the hallway and into the living room. She threw maka onto the couch and Liz walked slowly from the shadows; looming over maka, she smiled eerily and Patty joined her sister's side, nearly matching her frightening grin.

"Patty. Hold her down." Patty darted to Maka and forcefully pinned her arms to her back. "Let's talk." Liz snickered and waggled a finger at her teasingly, smiling the whole time.

"You have a crush on Kiddo. Don't you?" Maka blushed heavily at the thought of the raven haired reaper and squirmed around uncomfortably in Patty's iron grip. Liz simply grinned and pumped her fist in the air and began to dance around the room.

"I knew it! maka likes Kiddo! He'll be so happy!" Maka wrenched her arms out of the younger Thompson's hands and stormed out of Gallows manor; desperately trying to forget Liz's last statement.

~Back To The Present~

She let out another long sigh and tilted her head backwards to take full advantage of the sun. She closed her eyes and thought about what she should do with the rest of her day. She frowned with confusion when the sun was blocked and the golden ray of warmth was no longer caressing her face. Her eyes fluttered open and she saw a pair of golden ones staring directly into her emerald ones. Maka shrieked in surprise and scarmbled back, almost falling into the pond. She placed a hand over her heart and tried to calm it's rapid beating.

"Kid-kun! You scared me! Don't sneak up on people like that!" Kid laughed and smiled at her warmly and extended his hand out to help her up. She hesitantly grabbed it and he pulled her to her feet.

"I apologize maka. I just didn't want to let the opportunity pass me by." Maka snorted and smirked.

"What brings you here anyway Kid-kun?" Kid frowned.

"Liz and Patty went shopping, I offered to go with them but they refused. I had nothing to do, so I decided to take a walk."

Maka tensed at the mention of the two Thompsons and Kid raised an eyebrow at her. She shook her head of the thoughts and smiled up at him.

"Well, I have nothing to do. You have nothing to do. Do you want to do something together?"

Kid felt a wave of joy wash over him. He was so happy that her feared that his heart may leap out of his chest. He smiled crookedly and Maka giggled, sending him a smile so sweet that it almost gave him a cavity. Afraid that his voice may give away his feelings, the young Shinigami just nodded and pointed towards DeathBucks. He smiled and gently took hold of Maka's hand, intertwining his fingers with hers. Maka shyly walked next to him as a pink tinge crept up her cheeks.
Kid opened the door and walked towards the counter. maka reached inside her purse to grab her wallet when Kid grabbed her wrist and shook his head. He smiled gently and pulled out his own wallet form his jean pocket.

"My treat. Being the son of Lord Death does have it's privileges." Maka blinked absentmindedly and smiled at him. Kid felt a warm feeling rising up to his face and looked away.

"Um... W-what would you like Maka?" Kid stammered.

Maka tilted her head to the side and frowned, she was confused at why the young reaper was so jittery but didn't push him to tell her anything. She looked at the menu and tapped her chin thoughtfully.

"Uh, how about a caramel cappuccino? And a blueberry scone?" Kid laughed and looked down at the shorter girl.

"Is that a question or a statement?"

Maka scowled and punched Kid lightly on the shoulder. She walked away towards the window and plopped herself down into one of the plush couches. She looked out into the street and didn't notice that the young Shinigami was walking towards her steadily. He tapped her shoulder lightly and she jumped, Kid smiled and handed her the cappuccino and blueberry scone.
Maka took it gratefully and smiled up at him. Her eyes then began darting nervously, this time, it was Kid's turn to wonder why she was so jittery and looked at her.

"Um, Kid-kun? Can we go to your house or maybe somewhere more private? I wanted to tell you something important."

Kid felt his heart go into overdrive. Could she really? Could she maybe return his feelings? He mentally scolded himself for thinking like this and squashed the smidgen of hope he had. It would never be true, she was always with Soul. He was her weapon and best friend, there wasn't anything there for him.
Kid smiled at her, a hint of sadness there and nodded. But there was still a little hope, a little hope that this wouldn't just be a normal Saturday morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me if you love/hate it. And if I should make another chapter. If there is even one yes, then I'll continue making chapters. Thanks.

~Maka