Status: So I guess I'm going to roll with this and keep writing? I'm making this up as I go which isn't what I originally wanted, but whatever. I'll just go with this hopefully I finish the story before I get bored with this.

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way 14.

The next day I ended up being woken up and pulled out of my wonderful dreams of Gerard by Toni at around 1 in the afternoon. He seemed a little irritable from how much drinking he had done the previous night. He told me to get up and shower because our parents wanted to show us the new place they were thinking about buying to open another restaurant.

Before I had gotten out of bed I checked my phone to see if Gerard had replied to me, and he had!

"Awesome. I'm glad I did end up telling you. I feel better now that I got it off my chest. :)"

I ended up replying basically saying 'good' and I asked what he was up to today. I had gotten ready and was making my way into my parents car with Toni a little after 1:30.

The place my parents took us to was only about 15 minutes away from our home, the real estate agent met us outside. The restaurant they already own was almost 20 minutes away from our house, but in the opposite direction of it compared to this one. The new building was pretty cool it was painted a yellow color inside and was bigger then the one they own. It also had a bar in the middle of it. The whole building was empty except for some of the appliances, it used to be a sports bar and restaurant. The kitchen was a bit bigger then our other one as well. It already had some higher end appliances in it, where it did have appliances. My parents also told me they liked how it had a bar and they wanted to do something with a place that was more bar oriented then the other place. They also told me the place was listed for less then what it's actually worth, and it had been the place they liked the most out of the 5 other places they went to look at. Toni and I really liked everything, obviously it would need to be painted to whatever my parents decided and it needed. It also needed tables and chairs for dining and the bar, and some of the appliances. But, Toni and I thought if it was listed for less then what it was worth then they should totally go for it.

After we checked the place out we ended up going out to eat a late lunch at a local restaurant we liked, my dad was friends with the owner's there. My parents were going to decide if they were going to purchase it or not and we were suppose to go call the real estate agent after to let them know if they were going to put an offer in on it or not. Through lunch my parents were basically discussing if they should buy the place. Toni was already on board and talking as if they had bought it and was telling them what colors they should paint it, and what drinks they should put on the menu if they want to be more bar oriented.

I was txting Gerard when he was able to txt me back. He was apparently working from 3 to 9 tonight. Him and I were talking about hanging out the next day. He told me he wanted to take me out for coffee. I was happy he wanted to spend time with me alone. It would be our first real type of date thing. I wondered if that's how he was thinking about it since we didn't establish it was whether or not it was a real date. We obviously both like each other though, so I figured he was probably thinking of it like that. Especially after the conversation we had at the party last night.

At the end of lunch my dad ended up calling the real estate agent back, they decided to put an offer on the place. The real estate agent told us they'd let us know as soon as they heard back from the seller.

After we left the restaurant we ended going to a few furniture stores to check out prices and styles of some tables chairs, and bar stools.

We all got back to the house a little after 8. My parents hadn't heard back from the real estate agent yet, they figured they weren't going to get a call until the next day anyway. Toni went into his room and probably played guitar or something. I ended up doing some home work in my room, then I watched a movie before falling asleep around 10:30.

The next morning Toni and I were hopped into his car at 7 to head to school.

"Jessica's been txting me All. Fucking. Weekend!"

"Really? Damn, you didn't do anything with her at the party right?"

"Noooo, hell no! I said I wasn't going to, even drunk, I won't sleep with her." He told me making us both laugh.

"Good!"

"Yeahh.... You know what's weird though.."

"What?"

"She keeps suggesting that her and I hang out. Either over our house or where ever."

"Oh... are you going to hang out with her?"

"Well, I don't want to.." Toni told me we both laughed. "I just don't know how to really say that now. I've been making excuses not to, I hope she'll like get the hint. I don't want to just tell her I think she's a total bitch and that I don't want to hang out with her anymore. I have a feeling she'd turn into a psycho bitch.... I'm trying to avoid that.." He continued explaining his predicament.

"Oh... well..... that's really shitty.."

"Yeah. It is.. I was hoping she'd go talk to other guys at the party. Especially after we ended up leaving. But, nope. She txted me like right after we got home."

"Wow.. I really don't know what to tell you. That sucks. At least she doesn't go to the school though."

"Yeah.. that's true at least.."

Before the ride was over Toni ended up asking me about what Gerard and I ended up doing at the party and I told him what he had said to me. Toni was really surprised as well, but he was really happy for me.

The school day moved along like usual. Mikey and I passed Ray in the hallway. He told us him and Kristina had sat together at lunch and ended up txting a lot yesterday. I was really happy for him! Kristina seemed really nice too. He told us he really liked her after getting to know her more.

When Toni and I got into the house we were greeted by both of our joyous parents. They informed us with awesome news that the real estate agent had called them 15 minutes earlier, saying their offer on the new restaurant was accepted. Toni and I were really excited for them. They had really been wanting to get another restaurant going. They had to go meet up with the real estate agent to sign the paperwork and Toni and I decided to go with them. I made sure that I'd be able to be back at the house for 6 since Gerard suggested picking me up then to go for coffee.

After my parents signed off on the building we went back to their restaurant to share the news with the staff. We threw a mini party my parents decided to pick up some cupcakes on the way to give everyone to celebrate. Everybody back at the restaurant was really happy for us. My dad was telling Toni and I that when they were cleared with buying a place he was going to offer a manager position to one of the servers.That was so the restaurant would be able to still run the way it's been running without my parents there as often as they have been. He was going to hire a dishwasher for the restaurant and move everyone's kitchen positions up, he also wanted to offer them hours over at the new restaurant as well if they wanted them. He was also going to offer serving positions at the new restaurant for the servers we have now. Since that place is a little closer to a few of them, and also if they would like more hours they would be able to get them at the new restaurant.

Toni and I got dropped off at home around 4:30. My parents said they were going to hang out at the restaurant for a while and that they'd be home later. Toni was having a few of his friend's to jam over. They were the other kids he plays with besides Ray, Mason, Gerard and Mikey. The one's who are trying to start a band with him.

Before Gerard arrived I worked on some homework and had something small to eat since we were only going to get coffee. I was looking forward to going on a date sort of thing with Gerard. Neither of us had called it a date, but I think that it was. Even though I've only hung out with him at school today for a little bit. I feel a little different with him. I feel like were kind of a lot closer now. Not as close as I'd like yet, but at least I'm this close with him so far. I would say we are good friends who like each other. We are not best friends because I feel like I can not tell him everything and anything, he probably can't do the same either. But also, there's a good amount we still don't know about each other. I hope to find out more soon though!

Gerard ended up showing up about 6 minutes early.

"Hey, what's up?" I smiled over at him as I came down stairs. I was brushing my teeth when I got his txt that he was at the front door and I told him to just come in. He was wearing some dark blue jeans and a Misfits tee shirt with a black hoodie over top of it. I wanted to go up and hug him but decided against it.

"Hey.... nothing.." He said returning my smile. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yup." I said as he opened the door and let me out of my house first. As we silently climbed into the car it made me wonder if what we were doing really was a date. It also made me wonder how the night would end. I wondered if he was going to kiss me. Or if I should try and kiss him? I felt a bundle of nerves in my stomach as I pondered the end of the night. I wasn't nervous because I haven't kissed anybody before. I've done that. It wasn't just because a first kiss with someone is always nerve wrecking. It was because it would be with GERARD. I heard him start the car about 10 seconds later. He looked over at me and smiled. I felt the bundle grow in my stomach a bit before I broke the silence. "So... my parents got the restaurant." I told Gerard the news as he started the car, then began backing out. When we were txting yesterday I mentioned that we were looking at the place. At lunch I told him my parents made an offer on it.

"Awesome! That's really cool! Tell them I said congratulations when you get home tonight." He looked over at me and genuinely looked happy. I thought it was polite he told me to tell my parents congratulations too, especially since he hasn't really talked to them too much. He hasn't really even met my dad yet.

"I will, thank you. And thanks for them too, I know they'll tell me to tell you."

"Do they know what kind of food they're going to serve there yet?"

"I'm not too sure because they want to make it more bar oriented since it's got a bar in it. I don't know if they'll want to serve just like wings and fries and burgers or what. I think they'll want to make it a little different then the usual for a bar though. My dad likes to put some twists on things.

"That sounds really cool." He said looking over at me for a second. The rest of the short ride we were talking about it a little. When we arrived we each ordered our coffees at the counter. I got mine regular with mocha in it, and Gerard got his black. Then we sat down at one of the tables.

We had been joking around and talking for about a half hour when suddenly we got on to the more serious topic of dating people. It got there because I randomly brought how I still couldn't believe that Gerard hadn't dated anybody yet. Then he replied saying something like "of course I haven't, I'm creepy." I rebutted disproving his 'I'm creepy' theory, and we pleasantly bantered on that for a bit.... Until he wanted to take the attention off himself then started asking me questions about my dating history.

"You know what....." I broke the silence.

"What?" He asked casually looking down at his cup as he placed it on the table.

"I still can't believe you haven't dated anybody yet." I brought up randomly and smiled over at him. He started laughing a little since I've brought that up a few times.

"You're bringing that up again? Do you believe me yet?" He asked smirking at me then placing both of his crossed forearms onto the table causing him to lean in just a little.

"Nope, I still don't, my brain can't comprehend that, I don't think I'll ever understand." I told him making him laugh more as I took a sip of my coffee.

"Well you should understand! I'm creepy.. so no one would date me.."

"Oh.. you're creepy? So....... You keep animals you've brutally killed under your bed?" I asked as we laughed some more. I loved seeing the smile he has whenever I make him laugh really hard.

"Well, no.. I guess I'm not THAT creepy."

"Exactly! You're not creepy at all!" I pointed out. "And if someone says you're creepy, they don't know what creepy really is. It's not someone who likes black clothes, comics and their dark basement." He was still laughing but shook his head in agreement and we sat in silence for about 30 seconds before Gerard broke it.

"So... How long has your longest relationship been?" Gerard asked playfully before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Actually, 4 years..." I said with the straightest face. I felt like messing around with Gerard a little bit. It was a bullshit answer. I figured he'd see right through it and know I was joking around with him.

"Oh.. really?" He believed it and looked pretty surprised. I felt kind of bad that he believed he wasn't supposed to.

"Nooo.." I said cracking a smile at him and he looked relieved. "It was only 4 months." I said as we laughed a little.

"Ohh, I was going to say, that's a long time for being our age." Gerard said.

"Yeah.. that would have been too long with any of the guys I dated." I commented followed by a sip of my coffee.

"What makes you say that?" He asked cautiously looking down at the table in front of me.

"Just the fact that we weren't the best match ups. I liked the people I dated. I've never dated anyone I didn't like. But, I definitely couldn't have seen any of the relationships I was in lasting for 4 years."

"Oh... I see..." He said, looking like he knew what I meant, but like he had another question he was deciding weather or not to ask. I just shook my head and took a sip of my coffee. Gerard was almost finished with his and I was only half way done. "So.. how long ago was your last relationship?" He asked after a few seconds.

"It was right before the summer at the end of school.... He broke up with me." I told him throwing out the extra information, I had a feeling he would have been curious about it but wouldn't have asked. I was ok with him knowing that, so I told.

"Oh. Wow, I'm sorry." He looked a little surprised at that, which surprised me.

"It's ok, I'm very over it by now." I said giving a little skeptical look to his surprised reaction, then a smile.

"That's good, honestly I'm surprised.. I figured anyone you dated you would have broken up with them. I don't get why anybody would break up with you." He told me while his eyes went back to looking down at the table in front of me. I could tell he was genuine about that.

"Wow! Thank you!" I said jokingly placing my hand on my heart. "Funny you say that, everyone I dated broke up with me." I said laughing a little as we made eye contact. His eyes popped out of his head for a second.

"Your kidding!" He declared calmly expecting me to have pulled another joke on him again.

"Nope!" I shook my head still laughing. "I probably shouldn't be telling you that though... Now you'll think I'm some crazy psychotic person everybody's avoiding...." I started saying as Gerard leaned to one side and started running his fingers through his hair. "And then you'll conclude that that's why I didn't have any of my own friends.... And that kid over there who attends our school will have over heard me say that.... Then he'll spread rumors at school... Everyone actually will be avoiding me. Toni would be ashamed to be my brother because the rumors will be so horrible..." I was rambling lightly laughing at what I was saying. I thought it was kind of funny although I was basically beating on myself. "And then I'll never hear from you or Mikey again.... I'll find out you guys moved to California to stay away from me...." I he even started chuckling at the end of my rambling because it got kind of ridiculous.

"Or... I conclude that maybe all the guys you dated were asshole... and it's not you at all...." He said laughing at me then drinking some of his coffee.

"Um... yeah... yeah.. Or you could conclude that too..." I slowly nodded looking up to my right for a second.

"Plus.. I highly doubt you're a psycho." He smirked at me.

"You never know.. I could be one. Maybe we haven't been hanging out long enough for you to find out...."

"Nah... I think we've been hanging out long enough for me to know. You're not a psycho. And even if you were, I'd still hang out with you." He smiled sweetly over at me while still playing with his hair.

"Wow!" I smiled back while I nodded and lightly slammed my hands on the table making him laugh again. "Thank you! That's such a nice compliment."

"You're welcome," He still laughed then took another sip of his coffee.

"I'd probably still hang out with you if you were a psycho as well." I informed him.

"Probably?" He asked laughing.

"Well, sorry... I just... I don't like you that much.." I shrugged being incredibly sarcastic so he would definitely know I was joking, and then he chuckled a little.

"Oh... I see how it is.. alright.. I guess I'm not good enough." He said shaking his head with a very offended look.

"Nope, you... you aren't... You're not incredibly tan, you don't brag about how many push ups you can do, you don't... You're not a douchebag to everybody... you don't call all the men you know bro'.. I just... I just don't see how I could ever even like you Gerard.." I kept going making him laugh really hard again, he totally knew I was joking around.

"Man, I've get to get on being like that then!" He joked around with me. "Do you want to watch me lift that coffee machine?" He said nearly making me spit out my coffee I started laughing so hard.

"Yes! Yes, I would like that a lot!" I said still laughing really heard. He was laughing a bit too I think it was mostly because I was laughing so hard.

We ended up finishing our coffees 10 minutes later. But we sat for another 2 hours still talking and joking around. We ended up getting into Gerard's car to leave the coffee shop by 9:30 since Gerard told me there was a little bit of homework he still had to do.

"So.. I know you haven't dated anybody..." I said shooting him a skeptical he laughed at before I put my seat belt on. "But, have you asked anybody out before at our school?"

"Yeah, just one person.." He said casually as he started the car. "My mom kept bugging me to go to homecoming my freshman year. I thought this girl in the grade above me was kind of attractive. We had talked a few times and I had a couple classes with her, so I ended up asking her to go. She said no which wasn't that big of a deal to me, but she was kind of a bitch to me after." He began telling me the story using a lot of hand gestures. "Which I never understood, because I asked really, really, casually I didn't do any big fancy thing, which I thought would have been weird since we weren't close or anything. I asked the simple, 'do you have a date yet?' 'no..' 'would you want to go with me?' And I even said 'if you don't get asked by anyone you'd really like to go with.' So, super casual... but afterwards she was a bitch. She stopped talking to me in the classes we had together and then even asked the teachers if she could move her spot so she wouldn't have to sit next to me. If I ever looked over at her during class which wasn't that often, she'd give me dirty looks." He told me.

"Wow... that's crazy. I'm honestly baffled she said no to you." I said seriously while smiling which caused him to look over at me and smirk and shake his head in disagreement. "That's the first thing that gets me, but I also don't get why she'd be like that to you afterwards. That is bitchy.."

"Yeah.. she acted so appalled by me. Like I had asked her to marry me or something... luckily she ended up having to move by the end of the year... Ray told me he heard she ended up going to the homecoming with some football player... So maybe that's why she acted so appalled." He laughed.

"That's lame." I laughed too and shook my head then watch him put the car into park. Right as he did so, the thought of kissing him flew into my head. I felt myself grow very nervous thinking about it for a few seconds. I wondered if he was going to kiss me or if I should kiss him. I looked over at him and he smiled at me. He didn't appear to be nervous at all. That made me even more nervous. Because I thought maybe he's done this a thousand times before and I'm going to fuck everything up..

"Yeah.. It's ok though it's in the past and I didn't like her a whole lot so it didn't really hurt." He spoke.

"That's good at least..." I added.

"Yup.." He said looking at the floor in between us, then back up at me.

"I guess I should let you go do your english homework." I said eliminating the silence.

"Oh yeah... I don't want to go do that." Gerard said with absolute disgust. It made me laugh a little.

"I'm sorry.." I apologized.

"It's ok... it's not your fault.." He chuckled and then put his arms out for a hug. I felt my nerves grow even more if that were possible. I was so nervous I was almost hoping we'd end up kissing next time instead. As we embraced Gerard held me closer to him then usual. I closed my eyes and breathed in his scent before I said something.

"I know.. I still feel bad though.." I said quietly I still had my eyes closed.

"Don't..." Gerard turned and spoke softly into my ear. I could just slightly feel his breath against my ear. I felt a tingling sensation flow down my spine.

"Ok... I'll try... but I don't know how well that's going to work." I mumbled to him as we still held each other in the hug. I felt Gerard's body shake just a little as he chuckled at what I said. This hug was definitely a lot longer of a hug then it usually was. It was very different in the best ways.

"Ok.. don't think about it then.." He whispered again into my ear.

"Alright.. I'll try.." I spoke 30 seconds after he did. I felt him squeeze me a little tighter before we began to break the hug. As we both pulled away I really felt my nerves in my stomach. I wasn't sure what was going to happen in the next few seconds. My eyes flew to make contact with his to gauge the situation and see what was going to happen. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach.. Except we broke the hug at the regular pace. There was no pause before our faces moved further away from each others. He didn't pull me back in and I didn't pull him back in. We parted the hug completely. We didn't kiss each other. Even though I did want to kiss Gerard I was ok with not kissing him tonight. I was a lot more then content with the hug we had.

"Ok... well I'll txt you when I get home." He smiled warmly at me as I began opening my door to get out of the car. I could tell he enjoyed the hug as I did by the look on his face.

"Ok. I'll reply to you!" I said smiling back at him before we said 'goodbye' and I shut the car door. I turned and began walking up towards my house. I looked back at Gerard's car before I went inside and saw he was looking back at me before backed into the street. He blew my a kiss joking around and I did the same back before going inside. I went into the kitchen to grab a snack and cup of water before heading upstairs.

Although Gerard and I hadn't kissed tonight I was totally ok with that. I loved the hug he had given me. As dumb as that sounds since it was just a hug. It was almost like cuddling with him... in a way since we were in an embrace and it lasted for a good 5 minutes. I was so nervous I was afraid I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I could have. If he had kissed me I wouldn't have been opposed to it or anything. I wouldn't have pushed away or reacted negatively! But I feel like next time will be a much better opportunity, and I was definitely looking forward to it! I was hoping it would come before the end of the night too. I was thinking maybe I could suggest that Gerard and I watch a movie up in my room the next time we hang out. I thought maybe that would be a good idea. I fell asleep around 11 while watching some show on the Syfy channel and txting Gerard. Parts of what we were txting about was in my dream since I was in and out of sleep for the last 3 txts we sent each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for this taking 3 weeks to come out! I got a little stuck and busy. =/ I hope it's alright and going where everybody wants it to. Sorry if Gerard and the main character aren't where you'd like yet but they'll get there. I will try and be quicker with the next one! It should be more eventful too! Sorry if this one wasn't I feel like it wasn't =/

Thanks to everybody who's been reading and commenting and recommending this and subscribing to this! I think that's so awesome!!! Thanks for all the wonderful compliments I got in the comments! =D I really, really, hope you guys continue to enjoy the story! =] Thanksssss!!!