Status: So I guess I'm going to roll with this and keep writing? I'm making this up as I go which isn't what I originally wanted, but whatever. I'll just go with this hopefully I finish the story before I get bored with this.

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way 3.

"What would you guys like to do today?" Ray asked excitedly as he sat on Mikey's bed.

"Let's try on Gerard's dirty underwear!" Mikey mocked Ray.

"No..." Ray and I laughed in unison.

"Do you think he'd be mad if we made that a normal routine for coming here, to go try on his underwear?" Ray asked.

"He'd probably start to put his underwear somewhere else once he knew.." Mikey laughed. "I ended up telling my mom about that last night."

"Oh my god!" I gasped a little,Great now she probably thinks I'm fricken weird!

"What'd she say?" Ray asked as I sat down on the floor.

"Well I told her that you were offered 15$ to do it and she just laughed. But she was surprised he yelled at you though and said she felt bad that Gerard yelled at you."

"She doesn't think I'm weird now does she?"

"Yup. She thinks you are a straight up freak of nature and can't believe that her sun has the misfortune to be friends with you.." Ray joked and Mikey and I busted out laughing.

"No! she just thought it was really funny, She said she's going to make Gerard apologize to you the next time you come over though." Mikey informed me.

"Actually, while you guys were at the door getting the pizza last night he came out of the living room and sorry to me."

"Wow really?" Mikey was a little surprised. Does he normally not apologize to people? That's not really a great quality... "I'm surprised he did cause he was still mad the rest of the night and still was earlier today.. I figured if he'd say sorry he wouldn't be mad anymore.... 'cause people usually apologize for things.. after they're done being mad. Hmmm.. that's weird." Mikey kind of overanalyzed.

"Yeah, now that you pointed it out that is a bit odd, but at least he apologized and you can tell your mom she doesn't have to make him."

We sat and talked for a while then Mikey put on some music. I got to see Mikey play, he wasn't Flea or anything but he wasn't bad. After an hour passed Ray, Mikey, and I were walking down to his kitchen.

"Do you guys want hamburgers and hot dogs? I'm starving!" Mikey asked pulling some frozen hamburgers out of the freezer. Mrs. Way was out in the living room folding some laundry talking with someone on the phone.

"Yes, that sounds great!" Ray answered while turning on the radio and searching for a good station.

"Ray, why don't you grab a CD from my room." Mikey suggested while he started to de-thaw the hamburgers in the microwave. "Can you ask Gerard if he wants a hot dog or hamburger?"Mikey asked me.

"Yeah, I'll be right back." I was excited and hoping Mikey didn't notice my huge smile. I made my way down stairs, I'm pretty glad he sent me down here instead of Ray! I was hoping maybe him and I could actually talk a little or something. I was standing outside of Gerard's door to his room, I stood quietly for a minute trying not to be nervous, usually I don't ever get nervous talking to people but I feel like around Gerard my nerves get the best of me. He's just so attractive I just.. get a bit intimidated. Even just sitting in the same room as him last night. I was really really nervous but.. I felt it lingering inside of me a little bit. I don't want him to have a negative opinion of me before even really getting to know me.. but because I am as nervous as I am it makes me wonder if I'll ever be able to talk to him and not be nervous even when I do get to know him better. I finally knocked on the door.

"Come in..." He mumbled, he sounded annoyed or mad about something still. I slowly opened the door and walked in only about one foot step into the room and looked over at him. Yup! He was still extremely gorgeous and was sitting on his bed erasing something off a drawing pad on his lap, he hadn't bothered to look up at me yet, probably being bitter and all.. trying to ignore who ever was in his room... unfortunately me..

"Mikey wants to know if you want a hamburger or a hot dog." He jumped the slightest bit, he must have thought I was Mikey or his mom, then he looked up straight into my eyes with a flash of anger in his. We held intense eye contact it was so intense I almost wanted to look away. My heart fluttered as I felt like I felt like everything just went out the window my mind was void of all things, his eyes completely captivated me and stole all of my conscious attention to everything and my surroundings. His hair was a bit messier than earlier and his eyes looked more hazel than green at the moment but they were still beautiful. His gaze softened only a feeble amount. I think he was trying not to take out his rage on me when I'm just asking what kind of food he wants to eat.

"Oh." He said firmly, while immediately looking back down at his drawing pad as if I were totally uninteresting to him. He acted as if he were trying not to be mad as he actually was. There was a brief pause of silence. "I'll have one of each." He answered in an extremely dull tone.

"Ok." I answered slowly, he looked back up from his drawing pad as I spoke again, we made eye contact again and held it for a second, my heart jumped again as well and this time I was able to smile at him. Then he quickly broke it and threw his eyes back to his drawing. I quickly backed out of his room and shut the door. I would have LOVED to make real conversation with him but, I really don't think he wants to talk to me. I hope I get to talk to him some point though. I will be so crushed if this is all he is ever like when I'm around! I briskly made my way back into the kitchen and returned to the chair I had sat in yesterday.

"Gerard said he'd have one of each." I informed Mikey as Ray slide me an unopened coke across the table.

"Ok, cool, how many do you want? Did he seem like he was in a good mood?"

"Just a hot dog. But uh... not really? He wasn't mean to me or anything he seemed kind of tense though and didn't say much."

"Damn, I was hoping maybe he wasn't mad still.."

"He won't stay mad forever, it's only been a like 3 days he's been like that right? He'll get over what ever he's mad about soon I'm sure.." Ray spoke.

"Yeah, you're right." Mikey agreed as his mom walked in the kitchen and smiled over at me.

"Hi, I'm so sorry about my son acting like such an animal to you last night!" She apologized for Gerard.

"Oh, it's ok." I laughed it off.

"When he comes up stairs for dinner, he's going to apologize to you," Mikey had been right.

"That's ok, he actually did apologize to me yesterday." I told her.

"Yeah, he did when Ray and I got the pizza, she told me today," Mikey backed me up.

"Are you sure?" His mom looked at me skeptically. Probably assuming that I didn't want to have her make him apologize to me..... Or he really actually is a flat out asshole the majority of the time and she didn't believe he, being the way he is would ever apologize to somebody.... Oh man. I totally pick winners don't I!?

"Yes, he really did." I confirmed, honestly.

"I'm sure he did mom, he's usually not that much of a jerk to people." Mikey added while flipping the burgers.

"Ok.." She said believe it a little more, but she still seemed unsure while scanning my face.

"I would tell you if he really didn't," I sensed that that was what she was hoping to hear. I smiled at her and she nodded and smiled back,

"Good."

"Mom, do you want a hot dog or hamburger?" Mikey asked before she walked out of the room.

"Oh, I don't really want to eat anything like that tonight, I'm just going to make myself a salad when your father gets home."

"Where is he tonight anyways? He's usually home by now."

"He's back at your aunt Claira's helping uncle Charlie fix their car. She explained the walked back into the laundry room that was underneath the set of stairs that led upwards.

Ray and I and Mikey talked a bit more before our hot dogs and burgers were finally done. Mikey went to the stairs and called out to Gerard that they were done. Mikey myself and Ray were sitting at the table putting condiments onto our food. About 5 minutes later Gerard slowly plodded up stairs and into the kitchen and grabbed some buns.

"Hey.. Did you do the math homework for tonight yet?"

"Uh..yeah I did, did you?" I asked back glancing at Gerard quickly who happened to be turning towards Mikey.

"You didn't toast the buns?" He interrupted hatefully, talking to Mikey.

"-Uhhh..." Mikey said kind of surprised at his tone and the fact that he just totally cut into our conversation. "Not yours, I couldn't remember if you usually preferred them toasted or not.... Sorry" He apologized to Gerard Meekly. After a moment of silence he responded back to my question. "But, no not all of it, I hate our teacher already." He took a sip of his soda.

"Yeah, I don't like how she talks to us like you'd talk to a 5 year old when she explains stuff." I added. Gerard had his back to us while he was silently toasting his buns like he wanted them.

"I know! God! I hate that...and she'll give us 2 problems and 25 minutes to do them before she goes over them and explains what to do, because she thinks were really that dumb." Ray started laughing at this.

"I know, and I mean I'm pretty awful at math but I don't need 25 minutes to attempt to do 2 problems. I mean I know she gives us that much time after she goes over how to do them but, if it's a simple try it yourself without me thing.. we really should only spend like 8 minutes on that.. maybe 12 at the most." I agreed.

"What teacher do you have?" Ray asked finishing his hot dog.

"Mrs. Jensen...I guess she's new.." Mikey answered.

"Oh Yeah... she seems kind of strange. She's always in the math room right before I have calc." Ray continued. I looked over at Gerard who began to put condiments onto his burger and hot dog. I was kind of hoping that he would sit down and join us... and not be mad as well. Instead as soon as he was done he took his food and a coke and went down into the basement.

Once the three of us were done eating we all stood up and threw our paper plates away and helped Mikey put away the ketchup mustard and everything. It was only about 7:30. We decided to play some video games on the TV in the basement instead of the living room, since Mikey's dad got back home and his parents were going to have dinner and wanted to catch some show they always watched that aired at 8:30.

The rest of the night Ray and Mikey pretty much kicked my ass at what ever games we played. I usually don't play video games only if Toni really begs me to play with him. Gerard had his bedroom door cracked open about a foot and a half the whole time. He came out a few times, once to go to the bathroom and another he was looking around the living room area like he lost something for about 10 minutes. He still sort of huffed around like he was angry and didn't talk to anyone when he came out of his room. I sort of wondered if maybe he wanted to be included and thought about asking him when he was looking for what ever since it started to take longer then 5 minutes to find it. I decided not to though since I was afraid he might bite my head off or that maybe Mikey and Ray don't want him hanging out with us. I'm not really too sure if Mikey and Gerard are really close yet, I haven't seen how they interact with each other enough to know. I feel like they are pretty close but I don't know.

Around 10 again, Ray and I walked home. I talked to Toni a little bit before going to bed. He asked about Gerard but obviously I didn't have much to tell him other then him still being angry and me not getting to really even talk to him.

The next morning I took a shower and got ready for school, ate breakfast and had coffee with Toni. Around the time Toni and I normally leave to go to the bus there was a car in the drive way.

"Who's that?" I asked Toni from the kitchen where I was finishing my coffee.

"I don't know..." He mumbled as someone walked up to our door and knocked. Toni was right there so he went to answer it as I put my mug into the sink.

"Good Morning! Do you guys want a ride to school today?" It sounded like Mikey.

"Uh, yeah! You can come in if you want," Toni told him as he opened the door wider.

"Good Morning!" Mikey said walking into the house seeing me in the kitchen.

"Hey! Good Morning." I said cheerfully back.

"Would you like a ride to school?"

"Yeah sure, that would be really awesome! Do you mind if I go brush my teeth really quick?" I asked starting for the stairs.

"Nope not at all." He replied then I heard Toni start making conversation with him about something. After I was done I ran back down stairs and saw Toni waiting for me by the door.

"Mikey said I can come too he's out in the car now." Toni informed, "Does he know you think Gerard's hot and everything?" He mumbled to me through tight lips as we crossed the porch.

"No!" I said whipping back and shooting him a serious wide eyed glance that said 'don't say anything!' "You're the only one who knows." I whispered quickly looking at the ground as if him and I weren't talking as we approached the car that had Gerard in the driver's seat not looking AS mad today. I looked up at Toni who gave me an acknowledging head nod before him and I opened the back seat car doors. Mikey was sitting in the front I climbed in behind the passenger seat, Toni was behind Gerard.

"Thanks for picking us up guys," Toni broke the silence after him and I got our seat belts on.

"It's no problem you guys are along the way," Mikey replied to Toni.

Gerard had started backing out he had his arm around the back of the passenger's seat and was turned around to look out of the back window. His eyes looked green today he still looked amazing like all the times I've seen him. His hair looked a little damp from taking a shower and looked soft. I could sort of smell him... Which is a first. I wasn't sure what he smelled like but it smelled really good, some sort of good man cologne or soap/body wash or shampoo or deodorant. I'm pretty sure it was Gerard who smelled wonderful since Toni doesn't smell like that.. and Mikey hadn't smelled like that when he was inside. I looked over Gerard's face one more time before he turned back around after getting all the way out of my drive way.

"I hate school mornings... they blow.." Mikey sighed then drak a sip of something.

"Hell Yes, they absolutely do." Toni said in a serious tone with a head nod.

"At least it's Friday.." I pointed out.

"Yeah...thank god!" Mikey said while turning on the radio. Toni Mikey and I talked and had the radio on until we got to the school, Gerard hadn't said anything the whole time. When we pulled into the school Gerard sped off in front of us to get inside. I had no idea why, we still had 15 minutes before the first bell rang. Mikey, Toni, and I sat outside in the front of the school.

"I have study hall with your brother," Toni told Mikey. "He's so quiet. How come he's not going to come wait out here with us?"

"I don't know... He's be acting all weird and mad lately. I'm not really sure why either. He usually tells me stuff but he hasn't really been wanting to talk to me lately. I hope he's not mad at me," Mikey told Toni. "Maybe he is mad at me since it's been a few days now and he's still not telling me anything." Mikey added looking at me.

"No, no, it's probably not you. You probably didn't do anything, I'm sure you'd know it, if he really hasn't been talking to you for a few days, you'd probably remember what you did to cause him to do that. It's not you Mikey. It's me..... he's mad I touched his underwear and he's taking it out on you because you still talk to me." I told Mikey

"Wait! what the hell about his underwear?" Toni spoke up and secretly shot me a smirk, Mikey and I started laughing and then Mikey told him the story about what happened.

Today was the day Ray wasn't in our lunch but Toni was and he decided to sit with us today. He apparently snuck over to subway a little ways down the street the past few days instead of having lunch in the cafeteria.